Certain types of games just don't easily mesh with handheld systems. A good case in point is the turn-based tactical simulation, which is awfully tricky to pull off successfully without a mouse on which to fall back. Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command could have been a contender if it had only come out on a platform better able to host this style of game. Control limitations of the Sony PSP and some design miscues make this a near miss most appreciated by Warhammer fans too hot for the license to notice any of the game's problems.
* Solid use of Warhammer license and distinctive miniature designs
* Straightforward, easy-to-understand turn-based interface
* Excellent level design with loads of destructible terrain.
* Limited and annoying camera angles
* Odd design choices make it difficult to control troops.