Now that the cloud of hype surrounding the next generation consoles is beginning to evaporate, the PC is making a comeback as a games machine. Trusted Reviews makes some powerful arguments that the PC has the best gaming hardware on the planet, and the best mix of software to make use of it. So Microsoft/Xbox 360 and Sony/PS3 fanboys beware: Trusted Reviews is here to tell you why the oldest gaming system is still the Daddy.
Stuart Andrews of Trusted Reviews argues why PC should be your gaming platform of choice in nine sections:
1. The Hardware Advantage - Crysis is only the beginning
2. Innovation - The most groundbreaking games and features start on the PC
3. Grown Up Gaming - A wider range of games than any console
4. Upgrade & Living Environment - The benefits
5. Some Caveats - Price and complexity
6. In Denial? Is PC gaming a niche and dying format?
Andrews then looks at five reasons to get into PC gaming or give your system an upgrade - five compelling games that are exclusively for the PC:
7. Crysis & Age of Conan - FPS and MMO
8. Empire: Total Wars & StarCraft II - Complex strategy and RTS
9. Left 4 Dead - Multiplayer and co-op; Valve's upcoming PC exclusive
Trusted Review has a separate guide for the consoles. See Alternative Sources.