Submitted by wita 1513d ago | opinion piece

5 Reasons Why the Nintendo 3DS Is Totally Boned

GameZone's Vito Gesualdi names five compelling reasons why the 3DS is bound for extinction. He's not afraid to tell it like it is. (3DS, Culture, Mega Man Legends 3, Monster Hunter 4, Next-Gen, Nintendo DS)

zeal0us  +   1513d ago
more flamebait crap
kreate  +   1513d ago
also this must be the 10th time gamers are discussing about the same topic with the same views and reasons.
lifesanrpg  +   1513d ago
Kind of like all the BF3/MW3 articles that take up the entire N4G top rotator EVERY day?
DarkBlade4658  +   1513d ago
Don't let the pic fool you, there are some great examples in there
VitoGesualdi  +   1513d ago
Thx for the love brah
#3 (Edited 1513d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
darthv72  +   1513d ago
an interesting read
but never the less it is all subjective. I'll give you 1 reason why it wont fail. It is fun to play. That may be subjective as well but in the end gaming is all about having fun. If you are having fun playing the games then that is all that should matter.

There will be many who flat out dont like the 3ds just like there are those that dont like the 360 or ps3 or (insert hated console/portable here). Yet there are those that do so it shouldnt matter to those who dont.

We could try and apply the same logic to the ps3 and vita or others but it would just be another wrong trying to make a right.

edit: perhaps you should define success as it pertains to your view. If you judge success by sales then you are closing off other uses of the term. There were lots of games I enjoyed playing on the cube and still do so to me it was a success in entertaining me. I dont expect others to share the same view and I wouldnt try to persuade them either.
#3.1 (Edited 1513d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
VitoGesualdi  +   1513d ago
I mean, would you consider the GameCube a success, merely because it was "fun to play"?
lance42  +   1513d ago
I think, more importantly, we should line all of the systems up and see which gives us a boner fastest.
klecser  +   1512d ago
@Vito: Yep, for me it was. I played it in a vacuum devoid of all the fanboy commentary, so the only thing that mattered to me was that I played a ton of games on it that I loved. darthv72 gets it.
Buff1044  +   1513d ago
It actually makes some very good points. I approve.
TruthbeTold  +   1513d ago
Yeah, says the guy who himself puts out a 3DS flame bait article every other week. What a friggin surprise...
lance42  +   1513d ago
It amazes me that people complain about something written every other week, or that there's nothing but articles like this. What would you like to read about? A lot of these writers are trying to use humor and provide a good laugh, or bring a twist to a topic.

Also, can you link another of his articles that are bashing the 3DS? I'd love to read it.
#4.1.1 (Edited 1513d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(5) | Report
TruthbeTold  +   1513d ago
First of all, while I am tired of these articles, I was talking to 'Buff1044'. He's the one putting out these types of articles every week. In fact, he has a new one out today. Here's a link to another one though since you asked.

athmaus  +   1513d ago
very good points in there
DemonStration  +   1513d ago
The space wizard graphic is pretty badass, though I think I might be in the weird minority that's getting bored of iOS games and might actually play 3DS and Vita
user858621  +   1513d ago
some people just seem butthurt that the 3DS is the top selling console atm
#7 (Edited 1513d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
TheSanchezDavid  +   1513d ago
Good read with some interesting points. Also, the captions for the images are freaking awesome!
banjadude  +   1513d ago
"I heard that Nintendo is making it so that if you boot up the 3DS with a slide-pad attached, a little Satoru Iwata Mii shows up, profusely apologizes for an hour, then commits digital seppuku"

Oh my dear God, I cannot believe the author put that in. That is so derogatory.
#9 (Edited 1513d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
josephayal  +   1513d ago
The 3DS is the next PSP GO and the WII U is the next DREAMCAST.
Joegrine20  +   1513d ago
And you are the next fool
archemides518  +   1513d ago
lance42  +   1513d ago
Awww...I miss the Dreamcast...
eferreira  +   1513d ago
the dreamcast was actually good
AWBrawler  +   1513d ago
Still play my Dreamcast every other week
gorebago  +   1513d ago
I like my 3DS.
bwazy  +   1513d ago
Need more articles like this. I lol'd.
kcuthbertson  +   1513d ago
I'd consider anything a success that doesn't force your company to leave the gaming industry..

Looking at you Dreamcast..

Honestly, Nintendo will be fine. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

Now sure, the WiiU is very intersting and a series of bad decisions could really hurt Nintendo, but the 3DS alone is far from a failure.
VampiricDragon  +   1513d ago
Wheres the part where the 3ds is number 1 worldwide?
Yodagamer  +   1513d ago
i think they might be sarcastic in this article, read the last paragraph lol
spektical  +   1513d ago
Hmm 3ds hasn't been doing as well as nintendo hoped and their stock has taken huge hits... and the Wii u was a huge blunder... nintendo better get bak to form otherwise there gonna bank on Mario games. Which will b fun to some. but a disgrace to others
ssb3173  +   1513d ago
Why is everyone hating the 3DS now, I love that little portable.
eagle21  +   1513d ago
the world is buying the 3DS now...just some scared fanboys nervous of the success.
Shnazzyone  +   1513d ago
You know what's a dumb thing to say? That the next system to get 2 monster hunter titles, a metal gear, a mario, a mario kart, a Kingdom hearts, and is the likely next platform for the next pokemon is doomed to failure.
#18 (Edited 1513d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
tiffac008  +   1513d ago
Guh` this article had to remind me that Megaman Legend 3 is not happening... but that's not Nintendo's fault!

But that Sex and Zen 3D pic example made me laugh though. I can't believe that really exists. lol! XD
#19 (Edited 1513d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
klecser  +   1512d ago
cracked.com wannabe writer. It has all the elements. Unoriginal. Not funny humor. Way for an internet troll to seem legit.

LucasArts Style Adventure Thimbleweed Park Keeps Chugging Along

23m ago - Serena Nelson writes: "Thimbleweed Park is about two washed-up detectives that suspiciously look... | PC

The Braselspective: Super Mario Maker

35m ago - Tony Brasel of Gaming Rebellion breaks down all of the major parts of Super Mario Maker to examin... | Wii U

The Five Must-Play Exclusives for Xbox One in 2016

Now - With the holidays quickly wrapping up in 2015, it is time to look to the future. 2016 is already shaping up to be massive for games, and both Sony... | Promoted post

8WNterview: Ackk Studios Talks YIIK & Chromophore, Death, and Fixing Mistakes

3h ago - 8-Worlds News talks to Ackk Studios' Brian Allanson on upcoming titles YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG an... | Wii U

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters – How to Get to Hunter’s Nightmare

3h ago - Bloodborne’s first expansion, The Old Hunters, takes place in another realm called The Hunter’s N... | PS4

The Roach Approach - Battlefront for under $600 | PC Gaming Enthusiast

3h ago - Check out Jake Roach's November build where he builds a system that can run Battlefront for under... | PC