Submitted by mark0192 1033d ago | news

Forza 4 demo lands on Xbox Live

123Kinect just discovered the Forza 4 Demo on Xbox Live! "Forza Motorsport, the highest rated racing franchise of this generation, makes its return to the race track in Fall 2011 with Forza Motorsport 4. The definitive racing game of 2011, Forza Motorsport 4 brings together genre-defining, controller-based racing, the power and freedom of Kinect, and content from leading brands like Top Gear to create an automotive experience unlike anything before it." (Forza Motorsport 4, Kinect, Microsoft, Turn 10 Studios, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
JellyJelly  +   1033d ago
*brain explodes*
davidmccue   1033d ago | Spam
CrimsonEngage  +   1033d ago
I score the demo 9/10. Would have been a perfect 10 if it weren't for the music playing while you race.
Daz  +   1033d ago
Put custom music on, then pause it :)
#3.1 (Edited 1033d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Computersaysno  +   1033d ago
Actually feels like a step back from Forza 3 to me. There have been noticeable compromises in game i think. I hope some things are gonna be different in the final game. The track chosen with in your face colours and no subtlety, the music...the way you can easily hold massive massive powerslides for ever and ever in sim mode in the 458. It has more than a whiff of outrun stylee arcade racer about it.

Also the Ferrari's engine bay in gameplay looks like its made out of blocks of lego and the rest is completely empty black space with no details. Not pretty if you use chase cam.

I know i know that things like this are picky but its supposed to be a sim and i am picky. Not quite what i expected.
#3.2 (Edited 1033d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(41) | Report | Reply
beast242tru  +   1033d ago
i need to get myself a 360 just for this game gears 3 and i havnt played halo reach yet :(

yeah the graphics beat gt5 and i got that shiz rite now
#4 (Edited 1033d ago ) | Agree(36) | Disagree(16) | Report | Reply
gamingdroid  +   1033d ago
Gears 3 is such an awesome game! So much content both in single player (campaign, horde mode and beast mode) and multiplayer (versus, horde and beast).

Enough content with a huge vibrant community ensures this game will be played for a long long time.

I can't speak for Forza as I'm not a racing kind of guy, but previous games are well received.

So I think it s a good time to buy an Xbox 360.

Now excuse me, while I'm going on the web to xbox.com to queue up my download of this demo that is not masqueraded as a beta!...
#4.1 (Edited 1033d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Prophet-Gamer  +   1032d ago
I'm not huge on racing as I mostly suck, but I still love Forza. So much fun, you should give F3 a chance, you might end up liking it. Great graphics, great gameplay, what more could you want?
#4.1.1 (Edited 1032d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
gamingdroid  +   1032d ago
I definitely will give it a chance, but the most "racing" type game I ever played was Mario Kart! 0_o

For some reason, racing doesn't appeal as much to me. It always sounds better to me than actually playing it.

It might just be one of those genres that I don't get excited for... not that I need to extend my gaming habit any more. :D
Prophet-Gamer  +   1032d ago
If a 360 get Lost Odyssey if you're even remotely interested in JRPG. One of the, if no the best JRPG of this generation so far.
lugia 4000   1033d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
CernaML  +   1033d ago
Perfect time for my live subscription to expire. -_-
doublebass2   1033d ago | Offensive
_Aarix_  +   1033d ago
You dont need a gold subscription to play demos. Unless of course it specifically says for gpld members.
munish23  +   1032d ago
You usually have to wait about a week after gold members to get a demo if you are a silver member.
CernaML  +   1032d ago
Yeah but this just means I need to wait a whole week just for a demo like munish stated. lol

Also, I'm interested in what doublebass2 had to say. lol
pennywhyz   1033d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
Dlacy13g  +   1033d ago
I started the download this morning before leaving. Really looking forward to the demo...and will definitely load up GT5 to do some comparison.
Brutallyhonest  +   1033d ago | Helpful
These graphics, other than car models, are not a significant step up from 3. What Turn did was make subtle changes to the backgrounds making them less static, increase detail on car models and dashboards while bumping up the poly count, and implement a nice light source engine.

BUT the physics engine is definitely improved. This handles different on my wheel than I am use to with Forza 2 and 3. It feels so much more realistic but I have only completed 10 laps. Headed back in now to try out the Ferrari.

I do like how Turn gives you the option of turning off rewinds under driving difficulty. Now no one can use that as a strike against this game giving the player unlimited mulligans. I am leaving it on for now. I have to adjust to the new physics. Yeah I'm soft. So what?

BTW
Does anyone know if Turn is implementing the same scoring system from 3 to 4 under driving difficulty? In Forza 3 you get a higher percentage of money for each race according to the level of difficulty you drive. There is no percentage scales next to the driving settings.

Edit: Disagree until your fingers bleed but have the balls to leave a response as to why. Oh wait, this is N4G, home of the non gaming cowards that are just here for pissing contest and not actual gaming information. Never mind, carry on.
#9 (Edited 1033d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
doublebass2  +   1033d ago
I cant help but disagree about the graphics,you got the physics part nailed(although i did nt put any disagree on you)
.The lighting is vastly superior,texturing of cars,interior and exterior ,tarmac and vistas are much improved,and remember... 720p,2aa,60fps,but this time...16 Cars on track and no hitchng,frame loss or v-sync(ahem last year "sim").And this is probably the e3 demo,not sure if there are any more improvments till Octomber.
As for the score implementation,i think they will not exclude this from forza 4 either.We ll probably get more expirience points without assists,professional a.i(which was improved also in the demo)sim damage and tyre wear.etc..Now lets hope they bring they boost pressure tweaking back from Forza 2 and 1.I want 2.5 bar on my supra regardeless!!
#9.1 (Edited 1033d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Brutallyhonest  +   1033d ago
doublebass2
Maybe I am just being overly cynical or was expecting more from early reports. I still play Forza 3. I completed 4 endurance races just last week. I wont know for sure in the graphics upgrade until I play a track I know like Maple Valley, Road Atlanta or America.

It's hard for me to judge since it's a new area. It is a sexy area and track though. The buildings definitely look slick and the lighting engine is fantastic.

Oh well, out of bubbles and I need to get back to turning laps. I'm going to shut my laptop to stop distracting myself from racing. Pumped like a geek over this game. My favorite genre and racing game on the consoles.

Edit:
I love how Turn laid out this demo. For each car you pick you get a different Alps layout. I thought I would just jump in the Ferrari and smoke the CPU AI like I did with the Subaru WRX. Didn't happen.

doublebass below
That's a bummer to hear. ISR are spending a ton if time playing Forza 3 thinking they are going to transfer over their cash n cars to Forza 4.
#9.1.1 (Edited 1033d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(4) | Report
Brixxer600  +   1033d ago
Funnily enough i thought the graphics seemed vastly improved but that the gameplay had more of an arcade feel than previous iterations , even on simulation settings the powerslides are easy to hold . The sounds are very good. On saying that this game has now jumped to Must Have status for me
Brutallyhonest  +   1033d ago
Man I was in such a hurry to jump into the game I didn't even realize Rival mode is available. That mode is a BLAST.

SIGH. I want this game NOW.
Oh well, going back in to turn some more laps.

Another question. Early on I read that Turn was going to allow you to transfer some of your earned vehicles from Forza 3 to 4. Is that still going to be an option?
#9.3 (Edited 1033d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
doublebass2  +   1033d ago
I am preety sure they wont do that exactly,Dan told that the previous cars were low detailed to be tranfered directly from Forza3,with all the new shaders and stuff.He also mentioned that according to your Forza 3 save,it will act like the Mass Effect 2 game save feature.We willl receive many bonus stuff,like cars from the begining, depending on your progress in Forza3,achievments,level,cars bought and stuf like that.It pretty vague till now what is going to be the rewards from importing Forza 3 profile..I also remember that if you are at a high level in forza 3,you ll progress leveling faster in Forza 4.Who knows..Next week we ll figure out..I think car design and vynyl groups can be imported though!
Too make your waiting for this game more unbearable,check some pics of the comparison on other tracks and cars..The difference is visible,both on tracks and cars!!

cheers!!
#9.3.1 (Edited 1033d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
otherZinc  +   1032d ago
Agree with most. I have all Forza games & buying the collectors this time around. However, I'm not sure about the sliding around the bends. Is it more realistic, I guess so. When I had a Camaro in college, I could do some sliding.

However, I hope they give us a Forza 3 driving mode down the line in an update option or something.

I'm glad it was the Alpine stage given to race. Later tonight, I'm going to race laps for a few hours to get used to the game.
d0r1en0  +   1033d ago
Downloading now as I'm getting ready for school.
LA-Z-BOY-_-  +   1033d ago
i must say being a granturismo fan since day one i knew down the road it would lose its Qrown and that day has come forza 4 is the best looking game anyware agree or disagree thats my opinion good job turn 10 game looks amazing gt5 lags way behind
doublebass2  +   1033d ago
I think gt lost its "grip" in this genreation,maybe polyphony had the impression that it was the only company who can deliver stellar gameplay and graphics.They neglected serious factors,like a.i.,damage,track diversity,customization,online ,physics and tried to force different automotive aspects(like cart racing,nascar and top gear,which are nice,but nor the point)without improving the already faulty features mentioned previously!At least Turn 10 learned that lesson,and improved from one signifiacntly from forza 1 to the next!
Gt series felt the same after the second one.Only some tracks,graphics,and number of cars did the most diffence..Sometimes quantity is not enough,a thing Turn 10 figured out.No one wants to race 10000 cars not all cars are made for racing,neither 100 variations of the same car matter that much..It also helps if you custom the vehicle you like and make it a part of you,even though its in electronic form!
#11.1 (Edited 1033d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
ThatOneGuyThere  +   1033d ago
".They neglected serious factors,like a.i.,damage,track diversity,customization,online ,physics "

- AI is better.
- Damage is real time.
- There are more tracks and variations then ever including day/night cycles, rain, dirt, snow.
- Online..its like 16 players..I can do remote racing from any PC in the world against my friends AI drivers as well. GT never had online before.
- physics. Oh boy. You think real people winning at the game qualifying them as real race car drivers then taking home several podium finishes would make people "get it". But oh well. Lets just say the game had, and still has the most advanced physics system for any console game.

I would change your comment, if you wanted it to make sense or be remotely valid: "i think they should have had more body kits and paint options."
n4gisatroll  +   1032d ago
Doublebass,

You're exaggerating a bit too much on your numbers. Also, you don't know if spec 2 will bring more feature to gt5. All this hate towards gt or forza is a little annoying now, they are both decent games. I prefer gt, but you, forza.
EazyC  +   1031d ago
It's not the graphics that makes Forza such a superior gaming experience, it's everything...

I might buy one of those old Arcade xbox 360s second hand to play this, because GT5 is a joke.
JokesOnYou  +   1033d ago
I dont play alot of racers, Forza3 has been providing my occasional racing fix all year, Forza4 will no doubt once again refresh my low interest in the racing genre....Im looking forward to putting in some heavy hrs over the first 3 months or so.
munish23  +   1032d ago
I have classes all day long til' 10, damn it. It's gonna be a long day.

True Player Gear Rebranded, OLED Edition Announced

9m ago - VRFocus - Today sees two surprise announcements coming from True Player Gear: a rebranding of the... | PC

Top Ten Oddworld Creatures

9m ago - It has been a very long time since we got a new Oddworld game. After the studio decided to stop m... | Xbox 360

Akainu, Z, Shiki, Shirohige & Burgess Joins The Battle in One Piece Super Grand Battle (Translation)

10m ago - The latest Weekly Shonen Jump scan for showcases Akainu, Z, Shiki, Whitebeard and Burgess as play... | 3DS

Bristolian Gamer.: Destiny Beta Concludes As Biggest Beta In This Console Generation.

10m ago - The Destiny beta concludes with well over 4 million players taking part. | Xbox 360

Study Game Design at DeVry

Kitchen Scramble: Review and Tips

10m ago - "Kitchen Scramble is the latest cooking game from the app geniuses at Disney (known for Frozen Fr... | iPhone