Submitted by vglulz 1348d ago | preview

The Chronicles of how I fell in love with Xenoblade

ButtonCombo writes: If there is anything you should take away from all of the below, it is this: if you’re European, buy Xenoblade right now, and if you’re from the US, support Operation Rainfall any way you can. You want to play this game, is what I’m saying. (Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles)

SilleGamer  +   1348d ago
Beautiful visuals!
limewax  +   1348d ago
Its more than just visuals as well, the game has really solid gameplay, A decent story (so far), And an incredible setting.

I couldn't go into full detail without writing a wall of text, but it's pretty deep, You have relationships to upkeep with your party, and large quantities of people in the town have relationships with each other that you can help them to develop, visual armour/weapon customisation not just statistics, Weapon slots for enhancements, Day/night and weather cycle, Rare monsters, Secret areas, Tons of quests to each area. I could go on for a while here but all I will say is that it's a fantastic game
zerocrossing  +   1348d ago
Xenoblade Chronicles is amazing! It's this gens epic RPG we've all been waiting for, or at least that's my opinion so far =)

@newmonday

Sorry, I never played the original so I can't say. But it is one hell of a game, though the western voice acting could be better.
#1.2 (Edited 1348d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
NewMonday  +   1348d ago
how dose it compare to the original Xenogears??
limewax  +   1348d ago
Yeah, I have to admit, I'm from UK, but those are some REALLY bad UK voice actors, We don't sound so monotonous and have such a lack of opinion/emotion in reality lol
Nitrowolf2  +   1348d ago
Xenoblade was a great game. Great Wii title.
ashbc  +   1348d ago
Now just to get it in America. Stupid fucking Reggie.
He's about licking ass and stopping us from playing games.
Twizlex  +   1348d ago
People keep complaining that Wii doesn't support core gamers enough, and right here you have an awesome game that SHOULD be supported, but it isn't. If the Wii had more games like this then I might actually want one.
jacksonmichael  +   1348d ago
Woo.
thephillup  +   1348d ago
Wow, this game looks amazing visually and gameplay wise. Too bad it isn't in the US or I'd probably pick this up.
Skateboard  +   1348d ago
Could be the greatest game ever made. I saw gameplay and the world in the game, my god it looks too good to be true and it is.

It's a Wii game, yup the Wii has the greatest game ever made, i can safety say that by watching the game.
#5 (Edited 1348d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Skateboard  +   1348d ago
Nuff said.

If it comes out to the U.S i'm running to the store and getting a Wii.
#5.1 (Edited 1348d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
limewax  +   1348d ago
If you don't have a Wii, and you only really want one for these JRPGs they are currently releasing in Europe, then you could always just import a UK Wii and Xenogears?
CrescentFang  +   1348d ago
Nvm...
Well it seems like everyone in Europe is enjoying the game :)
#6 (Edited 1348d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TheDivine  +   1348d ago
Just buy a used wii for 100 or less, softmod it, buy europe version=play xenoblade. I need to order it pronto, looks like a better ff12 and its from the makers of xenogears and xenosaga two of the best jrpgs/series ever.

I cant wait for the last story it looks really good also. The battle system looks like one of the coolest ive ever seen. Lost Oyssey showed me who the real talent at square was, best jrpg ever imo. Sakaguchi can do no wrong by me.

Both have hours of cutscenes which is a huge bonus for me. Cutscenes make or break a jrpg.
#7 (Edited 1348d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
wollie  +   1348d ago
Playing this right now, have to say it is absolutely amazing. The best JRPG this gen by miles and miles.

For a long time I've been upset about the state of the JRPG, i had even begun to believe that JRPGs were a thing of the past, or that maybe they were never that great and only nostalgia was making them seem so.

Xenoblade fixes everything wrong with JRPGs. Everything.
#8 (Edited 1348d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Hicken  +   1348d ago
I don't doubt for a moment that this is a great game. It's almost enough by itself to make me want a Wii.

But the way Nintendo has handled- or mishandled- it and other games also points out why I am NOT getting a Wii.

Yeah, I can softmod and import a copy of this and other games. But I don't want to have to do that. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to buy a game that needs so very little to be available in my area. And I shouldn't have to listen to Nintendo's bullshit excuse about there not being enough interest.

Don't want my money? That's fine. I can spend it on other games.
CLOUD1983  +   1347d ago
My 2 favorite JRPG creators:

Hironobu Sakaguchi - FFVII
Tetsuya Takahashi - Xenogears

have make their new masterpieces on the Wii... I cant fcking believe that for what reason I buy a PS3 ok Uncharted 1,2 and MGS4 was awesome and I love them both, but that was not the reason I buy a PS3 I buy it to play awesome JRPG's like I did in the PS1,2 and guess what 5 whole years after PS3 release and there isnt even 1 fcking JRPG that make me say "oh yeah! that's why I buy a PS3" that's ridiculous I am so disappointed..
Not only I lost Lost Odyssey but I now I am going to loose Xenoblade & The Last Story also..
SONY seriously u r beyond disappointing this generation with the JRPG market u make me feel like I throw my money when I choose to buy a PS3 and not any other console.

STEAM SALE: Epic Star Wars Gaming Bundle, Just in Time for May the 4th

10m ago - What better way to spend May the 4th than with these 14 epic Star Wars games? For the low, low pr... | PC

Check Out The Unexpected But Awesome Grommash Hellscreem Cosplay

11m ago - Here are some awesome and lifelike Grommash Hellscreem cosplay. You would never have thought of w... | PC

Make the World / Break the World

Now - Myriad is a twin-stick shooter that grows more beautiful the better you play. Give us your vote on Steam Greenlight! | Promoted post

PS4 outsold Xbox One more than 4-to-1 LTD in Germany

12m ago - Boerse Online: In the race for supremacy in the market for game consoles attracts Sony archrival... | PS4

Solar Crusaders Combines FTL, Star Command And 4X Strategy Into One

27m ago - One Angry Gamer "A new multiplayer, persistent 4x space strategy game from Puremana Studios calle... | PC

Metroid Part 2 - Did You Know Gaming? Feat. Wally The Legend

27m ago - DS: The latest episode of Did You Know Gaming delves into the development behind the popular Met... | GameCube