In Part 1 of an interview with DevelopMag, Microsoft Game Studios' general manager Phil Spencer discusses what happened with Bungie, Bizarre and Bioware. He talks about Microsoft's reactions to each of the three cases, what will happen between Microsoft and the three studios, and what the future holds for Microsoft Game Studios.
Some hot topics in the interview are:
• Microsoft's current attitude towards studio acquisitions
• Microsoft's plan for Project Gotham Racing 5
• Microsoft's future in the Mass Effect franchise
• The speculation that the foundation of Microsoft Game Studios seems to be "built on quicksand"
• The lack of (announced) 2008's titles for Xbox 360
• When Microsoft will announce or show those titles
• Progress in Europe
• New talents, ideas and IPs from Europe