Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by Rashid Sayed 1602d ago | news

Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: EA Announces Digital Download Partners

GB: "EA have announced the digital download partners for Battlefield 3 Limited Edition. Check the press release below." (Battlefield 3, EA, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

RememberThe357  +   1602d ago
Winter47th  +   1601d ago
Well to be realistic a lot of peeps said no Steam = no buy as a way to pressure EA to put it on Steam, but now that they dropped the hammer and it's no use, guess I'll just have to buy it on Origin or something. Bastards.
#1.1 (Edited 1601d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
a_squirrel  +   1601d ago
Hey you guys! It said "as well as over 100 digital retailers worldwide including" Just cause they didn't list it doesn't mean it's not there.

The site with the full list is down.

I don't think they showed Steam so that non-steam users didn't choose steam, because it would've been one of the many in the 100. It'd be stupid to not have steam.
#1.1.1 (Edited 1601d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
I-Pirate-Games  +   1601d ago
i'll buy it on retail
i just hope retail doesn't force you to install origin tho
evrfighter  +   1601d ago
it's going to make you install Origin. That's a guarantee.

don't be a statistic on their meeting to discuss on how well it did. Buy retail
ATiElite  +   1601d ago
No STEAM.....that sucks!

But this just may be No limited edition on Steam!
I just can't see EA going to war with Steam by not putting BF3 on Steam. I'm sure it will be on Steam after the initial 3 month period.

If not then EA is gonna have to create one hell of a library and start pulling in other games from different publishers and Indie Devs and build a community of over 30 million gamers to fully compete with Steam.

Although BF3 and The Frostbite Engine 2.0 is a good start....Once Episode 3 hits along with Source Engine 2.0 (Counter Strike 2) I feel Valve along with Steam will take gaming to another level.
RyuDrinksTheDew  +   1602d ago
maaannn, sorry to break this to EA, but no Steam=less sales.

i stand by this statement.
Veni Vidi Vici  +   1602d ago
I know people that have said if they don't put it on Steam, they aren't buying it. Stupid, stupid move EA.
ATiElite  +   1601d ago
No Steam = less Sales is right

But I'm not gonna be stupid enough to not buy it. BF3 is PC Gaming just like Minecraft, Starcraft, and Half Life.

I planned on buying a retail copy anyway so this doesn't effect me but with EA pulling punk moves like this i think in the future i may have to say no to Origins.

I hate companies that just try to persuade a community how it should function. Steam is what gamers love so EA should just give us what we want and not try to dictate.
SixZeroFour  +   1601d ago
sure, no steam = less sales...thats a given, its like saying, an xbox game not on ps3 = less sales or vice versa

the question is, does less sales = less quality of a game?
5119ent  +   1602d ago
just lost Steam....
chak_  +   1602d ago
no steam no sale
BeastlyRig  +   1601d ago
To bad no steam. I will just be getting mine on amazon! I will pm you about how awsome it is!

I guess it will be my 2nd game outside of steam! I got The Witcher 2 on gog..

I will survive with out steam for those two games..
#4.1 (Edited 1601d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
solar  +   1601d ago
i love how EA wants to give gamers options to buy BF3, yet doesnt give us the best option with Steam. i will buy the game retail, as i refuse to aid EA in their stupidity of not offering the game on Steam and justifying why they are not with lies.

less of a cut for EA
#5 (Edited 1601d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
BlackKnight  +   1601d ago
So the link in the article: wnload

404's for me. I heard it was up for a while and then they got flooded with comments and emails from angry fans over steam not being listed and the list was removed.

I wonder if that is the case...

EDIT - Not sure why the link I paste keeps getting separated by N4G, Anti-spam filter?
#6 (Edited 1601d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Revvin  +   1601d ago
It may well be that Steam gets the non limited edition version, all the talk in that press release is of the limited edition version. It gives them some room for manouvre, maybe squeeze Steam a little to give them a better deal and appease gamers who expect to be able to buy it on Steam so closer to release they announce it will be available on Steam...but..just the standard edition. For those who simply must have it on Steam they will buy it, for everyone else they get sales through the usual outlets and promote their Origin system.
enkeixpress  +   1601d ago
The retail version of the game will most likely be updated to fully support Steam eventually, So just preorder the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3 for £23.19 on using the promotion code: PREORDER20

You'll be saving yourself some money this way :)
#8 (Edited 1601d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AKissFromDaddy  +   1601d ago
Just buy the retail version, then attach it to Steam.
just_sayin  +   1601d ago
EA know how to lose customers
#10 (Edited 1601d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
xtremegamerage  +   1601d ago
You could d/l through bitcomet. Should be ok.
egidem  +   1601d ago
That's a torrent client.

Support Dice for their awesome game by BUYING THE GAME, be it retail or through Origin or whatever, DON'T PIRATE IT.
#11.1 (Edited 1601d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

Désiré - Prologue: Walkthrough Guide

4h ago - Appunwrapper writes: "This is a complete step-by-step walkthrough for the iOS and Android point-a... | iPhone

Blaze Proves the Commodore Amiga Was Capable of Sonic the Hedgehog

4h ago - Carl Williams writes, "While Sega never supported the Commodore Amiga with any games, they did la... | Retro

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

Westwood Studios to Receive Industry Icon Award at The Game Awards 2015

4h ago - Host Geoff Keighley just announced that the defunct Westwood Studios will receive the “Industry I... | Retro

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes – Tips, Tricks, Cheats, How to Beat, and Strategy Guide

4h ago - Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is a new iOS and Android mobile RPG. | iPhone

Gamers In Beta Podcast 128: Waist Deep in the Fallout

4h ago - On Episode 128 of the Gamers In Beta podcast, the crew is back from a much deserved week off. Thi... | PC