Submitted by EDI 1145d ago | video

How To Be Good At Uncharted 3

Dual Pixels - Stop what you're doing, and take notes. If you're one of the dozens of people that have been playing Uncharted 3's multiplayer beta but you get your ass handed to you, there's fundamental reasons why you're getting beat.

Future parts of the HTBG @ UC3 series won't be necessarily in this format, this part in particular uses a Team Deathmatch game as reference

Final Score: 50 - 29 [Host] Timberland2K7 - 23 - 3 KDR = 7.66 (PS3, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception)

Update Video is now posted in the article. A glitch prevented it from showing up before.

Attached Video
ShadyDevil  +   1145d ago
I feel Uncharted doesn't take ..much 'skill' just a good weapon, some perks and luck. Its like a much prettier and self contained Call of Duty. (going to get hate for that)
Warprincess116  +   1145d ago
You're not gonna get hate from me. I agree with everything you say. Probably if it didn't take forever to kill an enemy. It would maybe be a more fun experience. I think the characters should maybe have COD health and decrease the recoil of the weapons. Then the game might actually be fun because it would really be fast-pace.
#1.1 (Edited 1145d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(25) | Report | Reply
FanOfGaming  +   1145d ago
I completely disagree. Uncharted does take skill to be good at. Against your average player, gun battles are easy and straight forward (to put it in short). The game is dynamic and vertical making it harder and more intuitive to kill experienced players.

Ultimately, there are too many noobs in Uncharted 3 currently because they're so used to being hand feed by games like Call of Duty. UC3 multi has enough depth to be that "it" multiplayer that'll evolve the gameplay over time.
#1.1.1 (Edited 1145d ago ) | Agree(20) | Disagree(3) | Report
a_squirrel  +   1145d ago
I wish the hand to hand was a bit more complicated. Usually I find problems where two guys run at each other, start swinging, and both die.
lociefer  +   1145d ago
the best thing imo about uc3 is being tricky, that means outsmarting and outplaying ur opponents, for exampl if u have 2 guyz chasing u and ur health is nearing zero, u have many options, either to grenade them, attack them vertically, stealth kill them, just evade them, loose them and team with a buddy to kill them, a lot of strategies to choose from
#1.1.3 (Edited 1145d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report
a_squirrel  +   1145d ago
@above That's how I play halo. *sigh* Only there's splitscreen. That's why I don't play these games with friends.
KwietStorm  +   1145d ago
The game is completely fast paced. Maybe you could benefit from the article.
killerhog  +   1145d ago
TRUE COD response lol.

"reduce recoil, reduce health"

please do not listen to HEr NuaghtyDog learn from Guerrilla. they tried to dumb down killzone 3 and look at what happen. I want challenge, i want the sense of earning my kills/objectives from skill/teamwork. People like warprinces destroyed one of my fav games (kiillzone franchise). i honestly hope killzone 4 is more like 2 than it is 3.

dont get me wrong i still dominate in killzone 3 (11,000 kills - 3,000 deaths) but theres no denying how it pampers people and absolute no sense of challenge.
Pixel_Pusher  +   1144d ago
*cough* shameless self promotion *cough* :P
20-5-4
MaxXAttaxX  +   1144d ago
Hardcore mode.
No boosters. No kickbacks.

I'd like to see noob-friendly COD to have as much recoil as Uncharted!
#1.1.8 (Edited 1144d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Gray-Fox-Type0  +   1145d ago
Gears Of War pretty much a competitive mutliplayer game. Not sure about Uncharted , its pretty fun playing it now but I don't see it as a competitive game with all the kickbacks and balancing issues. I mean the higher the level, the player has more options to chose from then a lower level player. Even though there is 3v3 playlist.

Gears of War multiplayer annilates Uncharted multiplayer. Pretty looking forward to the campaign of uncharted then MP.
Gray-Fox-Type0  +   1145d ago
to calm people down they both great in their individual ways just enjoy both :D
ALFAxD_CENTAURO  +   1145d ago
''Gears of War multiplayer annilates Uncharted multiplayer''

Lol. Where are the amazing features?
#1.2.2 (Edited 1145d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(4) | Report
MidnytRain  +   1145d ago
Buddy, let me tell you. If you think you have a chance with taking on the SwAT clan with some perks and luck you're in for a nasty surprise. Those guys are supernatural. A skilled player WILL wipe the floor with you.
Solidus187-SCMilk  +   1144d ago
23-3, ha I went 24-3 with 5 assists. also 11-0 among other awesome scores.

make them think your gonna do something, then do something else. Thats how you are good ay U3 beta.

Oh and with that attitude you will get wrecked.

edit- ohh also, I probably shouldnt tell you people this because it is an advantage when most people dont do it but.....SHOOT FIRST(from hip), THEN PUNCH. A few bullets and a punch will kill faster than two punches every time. I avoid being punched to death at the same time because I shoot, then punch and kill my opponent before they get in their second punch.
#1.4 (Edited 1144d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Jestrella24  +   1145d ago
i kinda agree but i feel gears is much more shallow in terms of gameplay comapared to uncharted becuase the verticality
waltyftm  +   1145d ago
well said.
xPhearR3dx  +   1145d ago
Since you had to be the douche that brings up Gears in a Uncharted article, I'm going to be the douche that says Gears 3 > Uncharted 3.

EDIT: No, Gray Fox posted 1 minute after I did.
#2.2 (Edited 1145d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(22) | Report | Reply
Nes_Daze  +   1145d ago
Didn't Gray Fox bring up Gears first, no need to get so sensitive, it's not Naughty Dog's fault that they have a game that has a 96 on metacritic.
KwietStorm  +   1145d ago
Congratulations. Mission accomplished?
theonlylolking  +   1145d ago
Stay in a group of 3 and you can beat anyone.
Solidus187-SCMilk  +   1144d ago
not me
SageHonor  +   1145d ago
I thought we werent allowed to submit videos from youtube? How did this get approved? Am I missing something here?
Strange_Evil  +   1145d ago
You can't directly link youtube videos as news. However, if a site posts it and supplements it with written content, then it is valid as news..
SageHonor  +   1145d ago
Lucreto  +   1145d ago
You just need practice. I never really played Uncharted 2 multiplayer but I slowly got the hang of it. I am level 20 now and I get an average of 7 to 8 kills and 10 or so deaths from 2 kills and 18 deaths a week ago.
cooperdnizzle  +   1145d ago
I don't like the fact that it takes to much bullets to kill someone, and there are basically no head shots. That right there is bullshit. I think the second one was way better, at least then you could aim and actually get rewarded with a head shot for your good aiming skills.
MidnytRain  +   1145d ago
If you took too much damage, climbing things wouldn't be an option and would be borderline suicide. I don't get what you mean by "no headshots". When I aim for the head and pull the trigger, I do extra damage and get a faster kill. Maybe you should try aiming for the head.
#6.1 (Edited 1145d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
cooperdnizzle  +   1145d ago
Your an idiot. Uncharted 2 if you shoot them in the head with one bullet they die, as it should be. "Maybe you should aim for the head" Wow really never thought of that smart guy. Grow up. And maybe learn how to write a real response. And what i mean with no head shots is. If ya shoot someone in the head they should be dead. End of story. Uncharted 2 is by far better.
#6.1.1 (Edited 1145d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(4) | Report
MidnytRain  +   1145d ago
It takes more than a single bullet to the head to kill a player in UC2 unless you have a Desert or sniper rifle. The game would be unbalanced if I could soak up twelve bullets to the chest and pop off a single shot and kill an opponent. I don't know if you're referring to co-op or competitive because the damage values are adjusted between the two. I played a lot of UC2; I would know.

It should be, "*You're* an idiot".
#6.1.2 (Edited 1145d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report
cooperdnizzle  +   1144d ago
Trust you, you played a lot of uncharted 2. Okay if ya did you would know that you could get a one shot head shot. I am sure i have more time on it then you, and more trophies too. Pshhh u didn't even know you could get a head shot. Just looked at my stat for uncharted 2, i have 3404 head shots.
crxss  +   1145d ago
Play with me, I make everyone better lol.
#7 (Edited 1145d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
blackburn10  +   1145d ago
It is true that people play cheaply just like any other game but once you get the hang of UC3's controls you can easily overcome any of this.The point is you have to be stealthy, alert and pick your targets carefully. I won several free for alls this way. Going on about perks and upgrades just proves what kind of gamer you are. A true gamer overcomes any advantage the enemy has and any disadvantage he has.

Like FanOfGaming said UC3 does have depth and strategy to the way you play. The vertical nature of the game,cover and the hanging opens up possibilities for people who use them right. I am sick of listening to the comparisons between Gears and UC3 and vice versa. Gears is not UC3 and UC3 is not Gears.They are two different games. Get that through you damn concrete fanboy heads.
#8 (Edited 1145d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Firstkn1ghT  +   1145d ago
Why would anybody take the time to learn and get better on this horrible multiplayer game? Hmmmm, probably because they get destroyed in real games.

This is painful to watch. Even Lost Planet's multiplayer easily destroys this.
#9 (Edited 1145d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
blackburn10  +   1145d ago
Why doesn't someone take this guys last bubble away so he can STFU? Good lord I have never seen someone try so hard to troll before.
Holeran  +   1144d ago
Wow I'm gonna seem like a complete noob here because I have been getting owned in Uncharted 3, always from a ways away. I didn't know you could scope with the g-mal . Wow just wow. Been using just iron sights the whole time.
#10 (Edited 1144d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
bjh089  +   1144d ago
any multiplayer game takes skill. compare somebody that has a 0.93 kd ratio and somebody that has over 2.0 kd ratio and tell the difference. quicker reflexes, smarter game iq etc.

The Daily Five: Best Game Values This Holiday Season

23m ago - Have you seen the full-on release list for September through November? It's massive. They're not... | PS4

Gioteck review Pure Pool

28m ago - Gioteck review Pure Pool by VooFoo: "Remember Hustle Kings, the Pool game for PS3 and PSVita?... | PS4

Pokémon Y Now Available For A Reduced Price On Amazon

28m ago - Pokémon Y, one of the latest entries of the series together with Pokémon X, is now available for... | 3DS

The Lobbycast: Episode 286 with Geoff and Jordan

28m ago - Geoff and Jordan say farewell to Robin Williams, talk TV and Gamescom news, as well as dole out a... | PS4

Need Cash? (US Only)

Now - How would it feel to have your money struggles solved by this time tomorrow? We give fast loans from $100-$10,000+, and repayment terms up to 60 mo... | Promoted post

DayZ Ashwood Short Bow Crafting And Loot Spawn Guide

29m ago - One Angry Gamer "A new guide for the standalone of DayZ has gone live to help players become the... | PC