Submitted by Nick212004 1430d ago | videocast

Larger PlayStation 3D Displays, Sony Says “Stay Tuned ;)” – Nick’s Gaming View Episode #43

"As the host of Nick’s Gaming View, Nick covers the announcements and debates dealing with Nintendo’s new console, the Wii U, speaks on the community’s reactions to Battlefield 3 gameplay and details, covers the upcoming Uncharted Collection releasing next month, and wraps up the show with an exclusive interview with Sony’s Product Manager for Bravia Televisions, Rob Rodriguez. Rob and Nick discuss what Sony has to offer for the market not only in 2011, but the years to come."

-TheGamerAccess.com (3DS, Battlefield 3, E3, Nintendo, Nintendo DS, PC, PS Vita, PS3, PSP, Tech, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360)

Attached Video
Nick212004   1431d ago | Spam
Peaceful_Jelly  +   1431d ago
Daily Motion vids have like x10 the quality of a similar one on Youtube. @_@

And what's up with the haters marking Nick's comments as spam? The guy's not a fanboy and his site is good, much better than HHG and other clandestine bloggers that only post flame-bait!
#2 (Edited 1431d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(12) | Report | Reply
LOGICWINS  +   1431d ago
Well at least Nick's vids work beautifully with the PS3's web browser..can't say the same for HHG.

@Nick- Thanks for introducing the notion of "common sense" on N4G..it tends to be absent here at times. I don't understand why people here can not accept the possibility that the Wii U may have better graphical capabilities than the PS3. Considering its coming out half a decade after the PS3/360 launched, I would EXPECT the Wii U to be technologically superior to five year old consoles.
#2.1 (Edited 1431d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
Playstation4lyf266   1430d ago | Spam
killajd  +   1431d ago
I agree with ur point on the Wii U about the price and all the gripe about the graphics. Also on the point with Bf3 almost all their games have come ready for the pc then worked on with the consoles! Iv have always played bf with the pc... PC Rules lol. I cannot wait till I get my hands on BF3 on my console and pc. Its going to be great to have a change in my first person shooters and also to be able to play a game with plans, tanks, helicopters, tanks etc. Thanks for ur insight nick
Surfaced  +   1431d ago
I expected this.

Yeah, if the 24" model sells well (it definitely will) we might see others.

But the thing about this 3D display is that it's actually a PC monitor, not a TV. That's how they keep the price so low. How will they manage that with a 42" version?
#4 (Edited 1431d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
LOGICWINS  +   1431d ago
Eh..I'd wait till Sony releases glassless 3D televisions. Apparently its only a year away.
metsgaming  +   1430d ago
i hear samsung was supposed to release there glassless set later this year and sony will be right after that. Is that still on track?
fr0sty  +   1430d ago
If you enjoy having to sit within a certain distance of the TV and at a certain angle as well, in addition to lower image quality than traditional glasses based 3D, glasses free 3D is for you.If not, this is. I personally don't think glasses free tech is where it needs to be yet.

I doubt Sony will be aiming for low price on the premium larger sets. They'll use the same cheaper glasses, but I'd expect to see them have features like a tuner, etc. as well.
Soldierone  +   1430d ago
@metsb Toshiba I think it was already has them coming out this year. Samsung will probably be early next year, with Sony late next year. They won't be in a good price range though, thats for sure.

@Frosty you act like technology doesn't have a thing for "evolving" this is the first line up of 3D TV's. People don't want Glasses, so glasses are going to disapear. Will the technology be mind blowing in the first try? no but people will allow it to develop.

Anyone remember the first Plasma's the burn ins and failure to stay HD over a year? The first LCD's? Even DLP TV's have found a way to get better.
2v1  +   1430d ago
agreed i dont want look at the tv tru glasses.
DaTruth  +   1430d ago
This makes me glad I held off an a 3DTV! I'd rather the 3DTV that can play full screen split screen than the ones that can't!

If they come with a 55", I'm on that!

@Logicwins: We'll be holding off for a long time waiting for that to become affordable! People wear glasses their whole lives, I think I can hold it down for a few hours a day IMO! In no way does this mean you shouldn't do whatever you want though.
#4.2 (Edited 1430d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
egm_hiphopgamer  +   1431d ago
now that's what i'm talking about
IRetrouk  +   1430d ago
damn why you only got 1 bubble, the fanboys attacking you too because they dont like your views or something?

i just dont get why he is so unliked here, hes usualy on the money and is usualy at all the big events, problem with n4g is you hsve to be on one side or the other, not alowed to post your real feelinf on a subject or even have a joke.
#5.1 (Edited 1430d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
whateva  +   1430d ago
funny I was just about to say Nick reminds me of a white Hiphopgamer
& as I was about to post that comment I see you lol
LOGICWINS  +   1430d ago
WOW, IMO u don't deserve to have one bubble Hiphop. Your titles are flaimbait, but ur damn entertaining! I love seeing you grow.

Either way, the things your doing are incredible. Considering that Tretton and Fiis Aime gave your show a shoutout..I'm sure you having one bubble on here isn't bothering you lol.
DJnal05  +   1431d ago
Getting BF3 on PC and PS3...
metsgaming  +   1430d ago
if i had a monster PC i would do the same
SarahFox  +   1430d ago
i also think that other companies will make them too and that will drop the price more.
DGenesis_  +   1430d ago
Great Vid
WooHooAlex  +   1430d ago
Very cool.

With the way prices are coming down on TVs right now, it wouldn't surprise me if we could get a 40 inch PS branded 3DTV for around $500 in a year or so.

I don't think I'll bite on the 24 inch but if they come out with something a little bigger, I'll be all over it.
the_best_player  +   1430d ago
would be nice to use for PC
NAGNEWS  +   1430d ago
dude
you have changed everything except the lords of the rings theme

Related image(s)
shades72  +   1430d ago
White HHG definitely or is that Geeky Gamer. However,he does speak very well and the show is interesting to watch. Kudos.
Ness-Psi  +   1430d ago
why's he trying to talk like hiphopgamer?? has he had a stroke?
#12 (Edited 1430d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
FunAndGun  +   1430d ago
Please don't set your videos to autoplay, it is annoying.
omi25p  +   1430d ago
Why. Do. You. Emphasize. Every. Single. Word. ?.
#14 (Edited 1430d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Ness-Psi  +   1430d ago
I know, really off putting.
#14.1 (Edited 1430d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply

42 Games That Made The Noughties Awesome

2h ago - The ten year period between the turn of the millennium and 2009 was one of both evolution and rev... | PC

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition New Livestream Airing Today To Showcase Nero

2h ago - A new Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition livestream will be aired later today, showcasing Nero. | PC

Visit CGMagazine: The Culture of Games

Now - CGM is for the mature audience of comics and games that wants more out of their media than just a review score. | Promoted post

Pearl White New Nintendo 3DS XL Announced For Japan

2h ago - Japan received the Metallic Blue and Metallic Black New 3DS when it was launched, and they’ll soo... | 3DS

Smash Fighter Ballot: Give Lloyd A Chance

2h ago - The Smash Fighter Ballot is open until October, and I'm here to tell you why Lloyd Irving of Tale... | Wii U

Destiny House of Wolves Review | Twinfinite

3h ago - House of Wolves is a refreshing step in the right direction that will keep the lights on proudly... | Xbox 360