Submitted by cyborg 1220d ago | news

Sony: Welcome Back Gifts details tomorrow, PSN queries answered

Gamersmint: Nick Caplin – Head of Communications, SCEE has revealed that there has been in a slight delay in finalizing the contents for the Welcome Back Programme that Sony’s planned for its users, in the wake of the 24 odd days that they had to spent without any access to PSN. He has also come forward and clarified a few points regarding password reset and why you shouldn’t panic in case you don’t get an email immediately. (PS3, Sony, Tag Invalid)

Alternative Sources
LOGICWINS  +   1220d ago
FINALLY! YES!

EDIT: Thx for the apology Nick..,been on N4G virtually all day waiting for details
#1 (Edited 1220d ago ) | Agree(11) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
SCThor  +   1220d ago
Details for PlayStation Network and Qriocity Customer Appreciation Program in North Americ

All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

Dead Nation
inFAMOUS
LittleBigPlanet
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD + Fury
Ascalon94  +   1220d ago
is this true?
SLEDGE  +   1220d ago
I already got all thoose games... damn.
Hopefully EU will have other games?
rockleex  +   1220d ago
How are we going to GET these games from Sony?

Just digital downloads?

Or will they send me a copy of the game?
Lifendz  +   1220d ago
Well of course you'll get them via digital download. That's why we have to wait for the store to come back up. Did you think Sony was going to mail physical copies to us?
SnipeySnake  +   1220d ago
Wait...my brother has his own account, does this mean we can both choose our own games?
blumatt  +   1220d ago
@SnipeySnake
Yes. Each PSN account holder gets two free games.
----------------------
And I can't wait to get InFamous and Dead Nation. :) I was gonna buy InFamous again the other day, but I didn't. Glad I waited. I can't wait for InFamous 2 next month. Thanks a bunch Sony!
#1.1.6 (Edited 1220d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
SwampCroc  +   1220d ago
Yeah, that's what I'm getting to. Dead Nation and inFAMOUS....

and I had $20 in my wallet before PSN went down... and they already said that money will still be on there.... so with the addition of the PSN+ I'll be able to get some good deals.. since some of the PSclassics are discounted and stuff.

Glad things are up... and I'm sure the store is only a few days behind... Keep it up Sony... hopefully you'll bounce back even better than before... so we all can continue to flourish with many more games to come.
Call_me_Ishmael  +   1220d ago
Yesss,this s very good news,they are updating users a lot faster now,if only they let south east asia online
Karooo  +   1220d ago
I hope they give a good game like Warhawk.
TheFreak  +   1220d ago
Nah man I already got that game. Should be that we can choose for ourselves what we want to get inside a price range or something like that. Not cool if they are offering something that people already own.
#3.1 (Edited 1220d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
RedDead  +   1220d ago
I hope they give us a choice of like 5 games, we get to choose 2 of them. I thought it was gonna be like that in the first place...dunno why though
ZombieNinjaPanda  +   1220d ago
You thought it was gonna be that because that's what was being reported at first.
LOGICWINS  +   1220d ago
^^Hopefully, the reason for today's delay in giving us details was because Sony realized that. They might be planning some sort of alternative for people who own all FIVE games For example, they could be scanning everyones trophys to c who has what games.
#3.2 (Edited 1220d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Cablephish  +   1220d ago
I originally thought "lol as if Sony's going to go through everyone's trophies?".

But perhaps they have something that let's people check the total trophies earned all over the world or certain regions.
Silly gameAr  +   1220d ago
I've had Warhawk for years. Maybe it's something fairly new that not many people are likely to have yet? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
FragGen  +   1220d ago
PSN Store Credit. Then you buy what you want. IMHO. I really think store credit would be the most sincere gesture because it's the most like real money. Anything else like free access to some paid service just feels like disingenusous upselling and picking some bogus over the hill game that's been on special for months and many people already have is just lame.
#3.4 (Edited 1220d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
LOGICWINS  +   1220d ago
I'd love that...but imagine what would happen if 20 million PSN members(or more) login to Warhawk at roughly the SAME time? That would be the TRUE test for Sony's servers.
TrevorPhillips  +   1220d ago
Yaay :)
MoDyDo  +   1220d ago
Hell yea!! XD
nix  +   1220d ago
PSN+ for all (for a month). q;

EDIT:
@cyborg (below): i know. i'm just excited about it. q; i wanna download all the goodies that comes out free with PLUS. i'm quite a content person, you see. q;
#7 (Edited 1220d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
cyborg  +   1220d ago
that's already confirmed
by Sony. Let's see what else they have in mind.
Tapioca Cold  +   1220d ago
guys!

You're just psyching yourselves up for disappointment. When you don't get your AAA game for free then how will you feel? Betrayed? Let down? Then you will run off and sulk like a little girl.

All this gimme, gimme attitude is not going to help you. I bet half of you don't even buy that much off of the psn. I already see 90% of you don't even have psn (as you're waiting for it). You're the kinda guys that want all the betas, but never buy anything. That's why I get betas and you don't.

You're the kinda guys that want to be rewarded for the trophies you have. Ha! Money talks! Not trophies.

Just be thankful that psn is backup and whatever comes will be a treat from Sony.
MoDyDo  +   1220d ago
There is a chance that the stuff might be disappointing, but it's fine, the most important thing that psn is back, and I think the psn+ subscriber must be greatly awarded
in general, it's really great news :)
Grimhammer00  +   1220d ago
Heavy psn users might find this pretty useless. I own much of the psn games I want.
Though a price range option would be best. I can't see them being that generous. Lol
Veeger  +   1220d ago
I'll take what they give but the real reason to rejoice is I was able to play online with my friends last evening.
Jack-H  +   1220d ago
EXACTLY my feelings on this.
ZombieAssassin  +   1220d ago
I just hope we get something decent and something I don't already have as I believe I have bought around 20 or so PSN games.
josh50187  +   1220d ago
I own a lot of shit(72 titles) in my game section folder exract a few for like mgs data base shit like that and over 30 ps1 titles I highly doubt anything they over I won't already have as stated above I got to play portal 2/socom4/dungon hunter with my buddies last night smooth and lag free and that's the greatest gift sony could give me
MasterCornholio  +   1220d ago
Cant wait to see what games will be on the list. I hope Wipeout will be on it.
fluffydelusions  +   1220d ago
Does anyone know if the DLC that comes with LA Noire is on disc or it will have to be downloaded via PSN store? Would suck to have to wait for it.
#14 (Edited 1220d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
brandonb21  +   1220d ago
i been waiting for my email for 42 hours now since my original ps3 got ylod
R_aVe_N  +   1220d ago
I changed my password on my new PS3 I did not need the old one. My PSN account has be active since launch. My friend just changed his online with the PC. So I am not sure why people are having so much trouble. I really don't require any free gifts because I don't think Sony was in the wrong here. Most games that they would offer I already own anyways so would be kind of pointless to me.
smartmart  +   1220d ago
The moment in logged into the kz3 MP, was enough of a welcome back programme to me :)
Master of Unlocking  +   1220d ago
I still haven't received any mail from SCE...
What if my PS3 is broken and I still don't have a new one? How do I use the free stuff? Via MediaGo or smthg?

In Japan, You Play Oneechanbara Inside of Giant Breasts

15m ago - At the D3 TGS booth, players who want to demo Oneechanbara will have to do so inside of two giant... | Xbox 360

Final Fantasy VII G-Bike Trailer Teases Your Next Mobile Addiction

21m ago - Hardcore Gamer: It's Road Rash / Road Redemption with a glorious dose of Cloud's hair and familia... | iPhone

Twenty Minutes of MGSV Footage Makes Us Want More

22m ago - Hardcore Gamer: Landing on the edge of a cliff that seems straight out of Far Cry or Uncharted an... | PC

New Visual Novel in Otomate Series Teased

22m ago - Hardcore Gamer: New Otomate visual novel is coming. | PS Vita

Looking for a great Pokemon Community?

Now - Look no further. Join us at the BulbaGarden Forums, the best community for everything Pokemon | Promoted post

New Earth Defense Force 4.1 Clip Shows Awesome Mecha v. Kaiju Conflicts

53m ago - Hardcore Gamer: So, it's a tuned-up version of Earth Defense Force 2025 releasing for PS4 and it'... | PS4