Submitted by UltimateGameGorilla 1222d ago | opinion piece

UltimateGameGorilla: Why The Xbox 360 Does Not Need Exclusives

Richard of UltimateGameGorilla writes: The year is 2007, barely a year has passed since the Xbox 360 and PS3 rolled of the production lines. Everyone wants one of the “next generation consoles”. Some gamers just purchased both consoles but for many consumers buying both was out of the question and the deciding factor between the consoles boiled down to the game line-up. At launch the Xbox 360 had an entire year of a head start with which to build a library of launch titles. The PS3 on the other hand had no such benefit and stuttered along with very few “exclusive” titles. The PS3's strange architecture had proven to difficult a task to program and most developers opted for multiplatform games. This resulted in the majority of multiplatform games looking and performing better on the Xbox 360. Things were indeed looking up for Microsoft's console, even with the bad reputation surrounding the console as the notorious “RROD” surfaced, the console continued to dominate the PS3 by a huge... (Microsoft, Sony, Xbox 360)

Update The article does not say that us gamers do not want exclusives, but that when there is a lack of exclusives we have a plethora of high quality multiplatform titles to entertain ourselves with.

« 1 2 »
asphogears  +   1222d ago
Well written, unbiased article. I agree that fanboys overlook multiplatform titles.
Qwert117  +   1222d ago
Why is this guy getting disagrees?
Active Reload  +   1222d ago
Me personally, I only like a few exclusives on any platform. With that said, exclusives do give a platform an identity, so in general they are needed. I understand what the article is saying and it holds it's own truths.
Biggest  +   1221d ago
Richard should also write an article saying "Why People Should Not Buy L.A. Noire From K-Mart." I mean, who cares that they have the most extras thrown in? People should be happy with the same game that every other outlet is selling. There is no reason to expect or look for the better package deal. Never look for more. Always settle for the median.
captain-obvious  +   1221d ago
as an owner of all consoles
i say BS
because im more interested in Exclusives of each console
since i can play a multi plat on ANY system i have

so yah
bullshit
Istanbull  +   1221d ago
why are you getting ignored?
rockleex   1221d ago | Trolling | show
bakasora  +   1221d ago
When they have a lot of exclusives they say they have the best exclusives. Then when they don't have much exclusive, they say they don't need them. I just saying.
EVILDEAD360  +   1221d ago
Correction: Microsoft does not need PS3 exclusives and Vice Versa..
Let's keep it 100% real..

It would be silly to pretend that Exclusives don't matter at all for ANY console generation..

Since November of last year there have been a dozen articles bashing the 360 for 2011's exclusives list vs. PS3.

And now as we are less than a month from E3 and the fact is the system continues to sell and without any exclusives 360 gamers played great games this year and the year is not over

After what happened to last year's Alan Wake getting trounced by Red Dead..Microsoft wisened up..

Bottomline..the top 4 exclusives on the 360 are Halo, Gears, Fable and Forza (in that order)

They successfully released Halo and Fable in 2010..and this fall they will release Gears and Forza..it's that simple

Sony definately clearly has the biggest number of 'announced' exclusives..but at the end of the day 2011's top 2 exclusives for the PS3 this year are K3 and the fall's Uncharted 3.

If you look at the first half of this year and you will see that multi-plats dominated the gaming world from the fans to the press with the releases of Dead Space 2, Crysis 2, Portal 2, and now the upcoming MONSTER LA. Noire.

So what could Micrasoft have released that would have mattered?

A Shooter?

COD: BO & Halo Reach still dominate Xbox Live w/ DLC updates and ridiculously huge online community and content..why release something to compete against Bulletstorm which tied to the Gears Beta..plus PS3 released the high profile Killzone 3

At the end of the day, for the first half of 2012..it turned out to be a wise decision.

On the 6th of June we will finally see if the rest of 2011 bodes well for Micrsoft as well.

I just say..own em' all..and game till you drop

Just my take

Evil
#1.1.7 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(6) | Report
iamnsuperman  +   1221d ago
Exclusives sell system. £60 sells because of the Halo effect. The PS3 sells because of Uncharted, GT, and other exclusives. Lets make it simple. Why should I buy a 360 if the 360 has not exclusive games (same goes to any gaming platform just easier to name one). Multiplat games are good but system sellers they are not. Of course other features have an impact but in the context of games exclusives sell system. So the 360 does need exclusives like all platform because then there is little reason to buy one console over another if there are no exclusives
news4geeks  +   1222d ago
There is no bias here but just wait for the sony fanboys, they'll find bias like a needle in a hay stack. Good article.
UltimateGameGorilla  +   1222d ago
I think Richard is going to really appreciate your comment. Thanks!
awiseman  +   1222d ago
I agree :D thanks for positiver insight guys!
DelbertGrady  +   1222d ago
I appreciate games regardless of exclusivity although it could be a factor when choosing what platform to buy (if only buying one). For me there are more factors than games though. Such as online, chat features etc.

I also think it would feel sh*tty if one side got to play games like L.A. Noire and Portal 2 and the others were left out.

Just 5 more days til L.A. Noire...!
#1.3 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(5) | Report | Reply
UltimateGameGorilla  +   1222d ago
Well said!
NateCole  +   1221d ago
Why should you feel shitty?. If anyone wants to play every game then they should fork out for every platform there is. Thats the way it should be. This is important to having variety and competition and having an innovative gaming industry.

Some of you kids really need to look at the bigger picture here.
Rynx  +   1221d ago
This generation has been a joke
#1.4 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(10) | Report | Reply
LOGICWINS  +   1222d ago
The 360 doesn't need exclusives because the majority of its audience doesn't play exclusive games. Its really just that simple.
sack_boi  +   1222d ago
If that was the case Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable... would tank completely. Not so logical this time around.

EDIT : Or, were you being sarcastic?
#2.1 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(21) | Disagree(14) | Report | Reply
Blaze929  +   1222d ago
LIVE Activity for week of May 2

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)
1 Call of Duty: Black Ops
15 NHL 11
16 Forza Motorsport 3
17 Madden NFL 11
18 Bulletstorm
19 Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
20 Fallout: New Vegas

Top Arcade Titles (Full Versions purchased)

1 Outland
15 Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
16 Trials HD
17 Game Room
18 Torchlight
19 TROUBLE WITCHES NEO!
20 Street Fighter II’ HF
The above arcade list is based on full versions purchased.

These lists are based on global unique users connected to Xbox Live

----------

Like he said, the majority of its audience do not play exclusive games. Microsoft sees that and if their audience is happy with multiplatform games, why should they feel the need to pump out 20 plus exclusives every year like Sony and pretend like their audience is going to buy all of those games plus multiplatform games in one year.
#2.1.1 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(26) | Disagree(10) | Report
ProA007  +   1222d ago
when served with statistics, pwnage is so sweet. as Blaze just did sack_boi
van-essa  +   1222d ago
@Blaze929
They don't play exclusive games because there are no (exageration off course) exclusive games to be played.
I don't see Uncharted on that list. Does that mean their audience doesn't want Uncharted?
I bet it would be right next to Gears on that list if it was on the X360.

Point being, your list only proves that there aren't many exclusives on the X360, not that they don't want exclusives.
#2.1.3 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(28) | Disagree(14) | Report
captain-obvious  +   1221d ago
@ Blaze929
acually

you listed all the worthwhile Xbox Exclusives in that list (2 halos a gears game and a forza game )
loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

no wonder you wont find anymore on that list
#2.1.4 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(9) | Report
LOGICWINS  +   1222d ago
@sack_boi- No, people buy Halo, Gears, Forza, and Fable because they WANT to buy them. What I'm saying is that MORE people on the 360 spend MORE of their time on multiplatform games like COD.

Exclusive games like Halo and Gears HELP the 360 do well...but they are not NECESSARY for the 360 to do well since MOST 360 owners only buy two MULTIPLATFORM games a year(Madden and COD).

Check the statistics...numbers don't lie.
#2.2 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
Qwert117  +   1222d ago
LOGICWINS  +   1222d ago
"I agree with the first part of your comment but I disagree with you when you write that Xbox 360 gamers only buy Madden and COD. I for one buy a shitload of games each year."

YOU buy a shitload of games each year...MOST 360 owners only buy two games a year: COD and one sports game.
asphogears  +   1222d ago
I also buy a lot of games each year and so does almost every Xbox 360 owner I know.
Oldsnake007  +   1222d ago
than why does the 360 have the same / higher attach rate than the ps3 ?
Echo307  +   1221d ago
"MOST 360 owners only buy two MULTIPLATFORM games a year(Madden and COD)."

I would love to know where you're getting the info to state this as fact. I have a friend's list of 80+ people and not a single one of them only play one game a year. They might not buy every game that comes out, and most of them do buy the yearly CoD title, but each of them buy and play at least a handful of games every year.

And BTW, just so we're clear, the most popular game/series on both platforms is a multiplatform title. Guess that means PS3 owners only want to play CoD, huh?

Edit - Oldsnake007 hit the nail on the head. Most multiplatform games sell better on the 360... a lot better. AND the few exclusives the Xbox has sell better than PS3 exclusives, and the install base for both consoles is about the same. In fact, if we're to listen to all the PS3 fanboys out there, about half of all 360's are dead from RROD, meaning there should be a lot more PS3's than 360's out there.
#2.2.5 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(3) | Report
LOGICWINS  +   1221d ago
"Guess that means PS3 owners only want to play CoD, huh?"

No, MOST PS3 owners only want to play COD.
Echo307  +   1221d ago
@Logic

Fair enough.
2fk  +   1221d ago
I WANT EXCLUSIVES...that's why i got the ps3, 360, and wii.....the exclusives identify the platform....when i think of ps3 i think of Uncharted, Killzone, MGS, GOW, infamous...and when i think of 360 i think of halo, gears, fable, forza, alan wake...WE NEED EXCLUSIVES.
#2.3 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Kurt Russell  +   1221d ago
Not if those games were available at the same quality multiplat you wouldn't ^^
2fk  +   1221d ago
then what would be the point of having a ps3 and 360 if their multiplat....EXCLUSIVES IDENTIFY THE CONSOLE....u obviously dont understand
Kurt Russell  +   1221d ago
What great vivid and exciting use of capitalisation!

I do understand, but my point was we wouldn't need a PS3, 360, Wii and god knows what else under our TV's to play everything in the world ever... Because I can play them all on one. Exclusives do identify a console in the current situation of competing companies.

HOWEVER! <--- vivid and exciting yes?.. I think so.

You made no mention of this in your first post which said "WE NEED EXCLUSIVES" in a rather crass manor (of which I read in the style of how I talk on the phone whilst poo'ing)... and is the statement I was disagreeing with.

WE don't need exclusives at all, they benefit YOU and I none what-so-ever. However competing COMPANIES need exclusives to make their product stand out amongst the rest... So you and I shall part with our hard earned pennies in their favour.

I hope there is no more confusion, as I have no more bubbles to explain this further to you. I tried to copy your eclectic typing style so we're on the same page.
upturned2  +   1221d ago
Agreeed. Plus, exclusives are usually geared towards hardcore gamers. With the exception of games like LittleBigPlanet and Viva Pinata lol.
#2.4 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Morbius420  +   1221d ago
Maybe we don't play exclusives because thier aren't any.
NukaCola  +   1222d ago
This article just said that it doesn't matter how weak the line up is and how much MS is moving toward Kinect instead of core game, you will all still buy the Xbox anyway. Is it me or is this madness? I get the 360 audience loves multiplats just as much as the rest but exclusive stand a console apart. 360 had plenty of great titles. And the States and UK are the only countries that this article really applies too.
#3 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(16) | Disagree(8) | Report | Reply
asphogears  +   1222d ago
This article says how the multiplatform games these days are really good so exclusives right now are not that necessary.
NukaCola  +   1222d ago
Well why does PS3 outsell 360 everywhere other than the UK and USA? I would think it is because Sony provides something MS doesn't. And Kinect is a huge boost to the 360 which is an exclusive camera with exclusive games. I think this article holds minimal ground.
LOGICWINS  +   1222d ago
"Well why does PS3 outsell 360 everywhere other than the UK and USA?"

^^Because the online is free and it has more value(Blu-ray player, gaming machine etc.) and its the same price as its counterpart 360 SKU.

Also, the 360 came out in 05', a shitload of people who are buying PS3s NOW, probably ALREADY have a 360.

If exclusives were the reason that the PS3 is outselling the 360, then why is Black Ops(a multiplatform game) the best selling Playstation 3 game in history?
#3.1.2 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(12) | Report
jacksonmichael  +   1222d ago
Oh, and Japan hates Microsoft.
MysticStrummer  +   1222d ago
@Logic - PS3 has outsold 360 fairly consistently since launch, and it had a substantially higher price back then. Black Ops, like all CoDs, is an accessible FPS that anyone can pick up and do well at. Some would call that casual, some wouldn't, but the Wii has proven the power of the casual gamer's dollar. It's arguable whether that's good for gamers overall. I would say it isn't, but "accessible" has become the goal this generation and it's not surprising that CoD games sell well on any system. Regardless, if two systems play a bunch of the same games and only one of them has exclusives... real exclusives not on PC also... which would you say is the better system to buy? I'm not saying 360 has no exclusives by the way, I'm just saying to discount exclusives is silly. I know I bought a PS3 because I enjoyed the exclusives Sony brought to the PS2 more than what Microsoft brought to XBox. This generation has only enhanced that, so I'll be buying a PS4 as soon as it launches.
Biggest  +   1222d ago
Multiplatform games have always been really good. Only a few exclusives made a difference. If you wanted Mario, you got Nintendo. If you wanted Sonic, you got Sega. If you wanted Bonk, you got TGFX16. The big thing with the Xbox in general is that most of the people playing it are people that weren't "gamers" before. They aren't concerned with games. They play what the cool kids play: Call of Duty and Madden.
sergiospain  +   1222d ago
Well I disagree. While most of my games are multiplatform, I don't know what would I do without my Uncharted 2, Metal gear solid 4, killzone 3 and demon's souls.

Those are the games I have played the most in this generation. Honestly, you can say whatever about multiplatforms, but having exclusives always adds variety.

inb4 a massive amount of xbox360 fanboys downvotes me for no good reason.
#3.1.6 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(4) | Report
NateCole  +   1221d ago
@asphogears. Truth is. MS dosent have the talent to produce exclusive content the same quantity as their rivals in any case.

@LOGICWINS. COD is the GTA of this gen in terms of accessibility and casual appeal. Regardless of platform it sells.
asphogears  +   1222d ago
This article is not dissing any other consoles. It is just stating that multiplatform titles are really good these days. The author of the article also wrote at the beginning of the article a bit of history about the Xbox 360. There is nothing wrong with that.
#3.2 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
upturned2  +   1221d ago
He's trying to downplay the 360's lack of new exclusives. Only recently have people been bringing up that problem. Whether it be in an article or in the comments. So it makes perfect sense to come out with a cleverly comprised unbiased article that gives the 360 room to breathe with its poor Kinect.

I'm pointing out the obvious. Doesn't make me a fanboy, and I hate how that word gets thrown around all the time now. Instead of intelligence in a discussion, people call "fanboy". Makes them seem moronic.

In 2007, the PS3 barely had any exclusives. In 2007, 360 had plenty. Now look what's happened.
#3.2.1 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report
Morbius420  +   1221d ago
I thought Grand Turisimo was.
Otheros00  +   1222d ago
Then what's the point of buying one if you already own a pc or ps3?
asphogears  +   1222d ago
I think that the main point of this article was to praise multiplatform games.
Qwert117   1222d ago | Immature | show
PirateThom  +   1222d ago
I don't get "it doesn't need exclusive games" crowd... then why does it exist? What is the point of a console I can play all of its games somewhere else and why are Gears of War and Halo some of the biggest titles on the system?
supremacy  +   1222d ago
Well said thom,your comment makes more sense than the the whole entire article and with fewer sentences at that.

The way i see it? Multiplatform games aren't bad, but if the platform i already own has those in addition to exclusives?

Whats the point in owing a console where exclusives don't matter?

As a gamer i want more.

Fact is Sony is a bigger company in the sense of game development and have the studios and ips to back it.

Ms could be working towards this, except they are either closing or letting studios go.

All this tells me is that of course its all about money and they seem content with the revenue they are making of live and kinect.
NukaCola  +   1222d ago
My point. I wouldn't own a PS3 if they didn't have the exclusives they do. I would of gotten and Xbox and a Bluray player instead. I want the God of Wars, the Uncharted2, LBPs, inFMAOUSs,etc.
Aarix  +   1221d ago
"Whats the point in owing a console where exclusives don't matter?"
Because this gen consoles have more to them than just games...some people are willing to sacrafice this many exclusives for this many exclusives and that. There's more to these consoles than there were back In the gamecube/ps2/xbox days.
theonlylolking  +   1222d ago
If there are great multiplat games then just go with the console that has lots of great exlcusives and the multiplat games. It would be a win-win for you. If you mostly play multiplat games and do not like exclusives or just dont care about exclusives then you should be PC gaming.
Welshy  +   1222d ago
like everyone else, its mainly multiplatforms i buy and are my favourites (dead space, dantes inferno, fallout etc)

as awesome as multiplatform games are, exclusive games are a consoles identity, alot of the time its a deciding factor to someone just joining us with the HD consoles.

the way i see it, its best to get a console which delivers all the awesome multiplatform experiences but gives you lots of great exclusives too so you get experiences you wont find anywhere else.

just my 2 cents worth, well written piece =)
Godmars290  +   1222d ago
Just sounds like fanboy concession that the 360 has weak in-house support. That the console has reached its limits.

Saddest thing that those who disagree with what I just said likely agree with the article - which is saying the same thing, only in a less frank/honest tone.
#9 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(15) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
Active Reload  +   1222d ago
Reached it's limits as far as what?
DigitalRaptor  +   1221d ago
As far as Microsoft and their developers are willing to take it.

And Kinect doesn't count because we're talking about the Assassin's Creeds, Gears of Wars and Battlefields here. Kinect doesn't and won't have any of those quality titles behind its belt.
#9.1.1 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report
Godmars290  +   1221d ago
May have been too much to say "reached its limit" but it is true that MS looks to - has come to depend on - 2nd and 3rd party devs to show any increased level of performance with the 360. And more often than not that level is equal to something the PS3 has already done if not surpassed.

But the real insult to injury is that the 360 not only launched early, but had easier to work with dev tools. And yet the harder to make games for PS3 has come to be the platform performance wise to beat.
#9.1.2 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report
redDevil87  +   1222d ago
So whats the point of MS gaining all of that $$$$$$ if they're not going to invest it back into the system for the consumers?
UltimateGameGorilla  +   1222d ago

To redDevil87: I have not given up on MS making exclusives. I love exclusives, but I do not play them because they are exclusive, but because they are usually of very high quality. These days though, multiplatform games are also of very high quality.
#10.1 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
redDevil87  +   1222d ago
Sounds like you've given up on MS making exclusives. I can see your point of view, but i just think that a lack of exclusives devalues the point of owning the console. Yes you have lots of games to choose from but another console gets that same "plethora of high quality multiplatform titles" and on top of that excellent exclusives.

Plus multiplat games on the PS3 are now continuing to gain more content and value than their 360 counterparts. Ever since Batman AA, PS3 multiplat games have been getting exlcusive content.
#10.1.1 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(13) | Disagree(5) | Report
Scyrus  +   1222d ago
While the 360 does not need exclusives it doesn't mean it shouldn't have them.

this article makes sense, i mean if you only play cod and you dont play anything else and you already had a 360 than just stick with it if you dont mind the xbox live price hikes etc.

now with the ps3 and 360 being the same price i think the ps3 is a bit more win, my opinion atleast, I mean I can still play multiplat games and I can play tons and tons of games that cant be found on 360 or PC.

I own all current consoles, and honestly since the 360 is basically a Multiplat machine I dont turn it on much since I have a ps3. I only turn on my 360 when a rare exclusive actually comes out. next time that will be is gears 3, besides that I dunno, hope that they have alot to show at E3 and just drop that kinect garbage
SuperKing  +   1222d ago
Oh...so that's why PS3 outsells the X360 every single year? I like the logic of these 360 fanboys.
YodaCracker  +   1221d ago
Why? Because of the Sony PlayStation brand name and the fact that it sells in FAR more parts of the world. What, you thought it was because of the exclusive games?
MexicanAppleThief  +   1221d ago
Seriously?

When Sony introduced the PS1 they had zero credibility as a game maker and had little to no experience on selling a console.

Yet they destroyed Nintendo which had far more brand recognition from the NES and SNES days and most likely a better infrastructure on selling their consoles. Why did they beat them? A high quality and diverse library, just like the PS3 has now.

In fact, if it wasn't for that 1 year head-start on the US and 1and a half year head-start on the EU, Sony would had left them in 3rd place last year or the year before that.

Haven't you ever heard of the term 'Software is King'? If the PSN incident isn't stopping worldwide sales for PS3, nothing will. And that's a fact.
poggv4   1222d ago | Spam
mananimal  +   1222d ago
More Lies/Deception, this article is BS as always, ITS THE END OF THIS GENERATION,u Moron Journalist!!!, IF the XBOX DID NOT HAVE EXCLUSIVES IN THE BEGINNING of this Gen, it wouldn't be what it is now. Now, that its basically the ONLY GAME IN TOWN, sort of, this is the ONLY reason it doesn't need exclusives, LOL. Dont Believe ME?, Lets see MICROSOFT attempt to enter the Next Gen WITHOUT any EXCLUSIVES and see how many XBOX 720's get sold, LOL, NOT VERY MANY WITHOUT EXCLUSIVES, Nuff Said.
jacksonmichael  +   1222d ago
Sophisticated arguments work better, manimal. Oops, mananimal. No, manimal is better.
user8397144  +   1222d ago
Why it still outsells the ps3? its 100 dollars cheaper.
Biggest  +   1222d ago
But it doesn't.
SuperKing  +   1221d ago
Bingo.
KILLERAPP  +   1222d ago
Exclusive are what defines the console and sets it apart from the competition. PS3 has uncharted, 360 has Halo and Nintendo has Mario without them each console would have no image and there would be no reason to buy two consoles if is the same games on all of them. Besides exclusive games push their own respected console and makes the whole industry better. Example gears of war on the 360 it put coop on the map and made other games take same approach without it developers would have push for coop. Uncharted on PS3 it made the lines between games and movies disappear with a blockbuster summer movie feel as you played the massive and incredible single player camping with no game has yet to match to this day. Exclusive is the reason I own both consoles if there weren’t any exclusives I would only own one console. Just like the PS3 needs the 360 for competition, we need exclusive games that not only push each specific console to the limits but also innovates the industry…
The Iron Sheik  +   1222d ago
This article should of been called ''Why 360 gamers are ok with less choices''.
HINDERIZATION  +   1221d ago
lol'd +bubble :D
Brixxer600  +   1222d ago
Very well written article but i don't agree about not needing exclusive titles , the only reason i haven't used my 360 in a long time is because MS seem to be focusing more on Kinect , i am looking forward to Gears3 and would've been all over ME3 if it was coming this year but apart from that i'd just be playing everything else on my PS3. I would love it if MS showcased some great new exclusives at E3 and basically forced me back to their console because it's a very good system.
Ddouble  +   1222d ago
I think in this situation only time can tell. Microsoft's strategy of releasing casual games while there are still getting third party games looks good because we can see that there YOY sales are much better than last year and in this generation a lot of people are happy as long as they hav there COD or Fifa.

Still, if they don't bring out exclusives I won't be suprised to see fans jump ship if the core gamers are still being left out to dry seeing the exclusives that the PS3 is getting.It could also be a factor for people picking up a console.

At the moment it's working and it won't suprise me if it carries on working till the next gen or if they lose out and get overtaken by the PS3 but only time can tell. Let's see what E3 brings.
#19 (Edited 1222d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
blackburn10  +   1222d ago
No one every needs anything they don't have. Fox and the grapes. Now that the PS3's exclusives are out pacing the 360's suddenly they don't need them. If the tide turns again and the 360 gets more exclusives everyone will be saying the opposite. Most gamers don't mean most of the things they say. They just adjust their attitude and arguments depending on the situation.

I know I will get tons of disagrees for saying this but with the PC having better looking multiplats then a 360 and the PS3 and Wii having most of the exclusives why should I buy a 360 for any reason at all? Exclusives define a system no matter hos much people deny it. Don't believe me? Ask Nintendo.
DigitalRaptor  +   1221d ago
Exactly.

These 360 fanboys can pretend all they want that they don't want the multitude of choice that's only available on PS3. They claim exclusives don't matter, yet if Final Fantasy VERSUS XIII turns multiplatform, they would be all over that shizz.

One of the best upcoming multiplayer experiences: STARHAWK! Now the 360 audience always goes on about multiplayer and online - they would LOVE that game on their system. They should be salivating over it, it looks THAT good!

And ADRIFT - we've only seen concept art, a brief synopsis and dev diary in French, but it's obvious that action-RPG is gonna be something truly special. Wait for E3.

New amazing IPs all over my face!!!!!

As great as Gears of War 3 looks, I wouldn't trade all the upcoming PS3 exclusive experiences to play it, not even with Forza 4 or the next Fable added to the mix.
#20.1 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
boss_killa  +   1222d ago
Gotta ask this question:

What's the point of getting the 360 if all of it's games can be played on the PS3 plus the PS3 having it's own exclusives?

Halo and Gears made the 360 what it is today. Without those exclusives there really is no 360. Call of Duty would be it's saving grace.

Think about it this way. What if COD was EXCLUSIVE to the PS3? How would that change things?
NumOnePS3FanBoy  +   1222d ago
Of course they need their exclusives. The only reason I have a 360 is because of the gears franchise.
Silly gameAr  +   1222d ago
Wasn't saying that a few years ago when the "PS3 had no games".
nightmarex121  +   1222d ago
From the past it was always about the exclusive, but thats in the old days, its a way new market, and soon exclusive will be gone and their only be one console because cost of games, and development going to keep rising.
poggv4   1222d ago | Spam
poggv4   1222d ago | Spam
NateCole  +   1221d ago
True. Having more top of the line exclusive games that push the limit of the x360 is not need at all.

I mean more exclusive games is not needed right?.

The author must be from Bazzario world
Raoh  +   1221d ago
Multiplatform Games = PC

Exclusive Games = PS3

Me = Winning

LOL let me know when pc and 360 get games like uncharted, infamous, god of war, heavy rain, socom, etc... LOL

what a stupid article
#28 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
YodaCracker  +   1221d ago
Let me know when PS3 gets games like Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza, Alan Wake, Crackdown, etc.
saoco  +   1221d ago
HAHAHAHAHA
madjedi  +   1221d ago
@yoda Better than some of the mindless 360 crowd screaming they don't need exclusive titles, that multiplatforms are good enough.

At least you recognise the value of console exclusives, if most 360 owners are really totally satisfyed with multiplatform games and don't want exclusives, that is quite hilarious and also sad.

So what legacy does the 360 leave behind, cod, madden? I would say halo or gear but those are kinda iffy since geow 3 is the last one and bungie isn't making the next one.

If i was a multiplatform only gamer the article might be gospel to me, but since i am also looking forward to 5 or 6 exclusive titles this yr it's delusionally laughable.

Still looks like spin control trying to turn a negative few-no exclusives into a positive about all these quality(which varies drastically) 3rd party games.

edit nvm just looked at the next page your just as bad as this author.
#28.1.2 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Raoh  +   1221d ago
Hey yoda

Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza, Alan Wake, Crackdown, etc.

halo ce was a great game.. the series fell off after that.

gears is overrated.

Forza is dope, but its ms's answer to GT, if you own a ps buy gt, if you own an xbox buy forza, if you own both buy both but neither makes me envy the other.

alan wake... LMFAO I actually want to play alan wake, sounds like my kind of game, but then again i thought the same thing about the last splinter cell, bought for $1 on a ubisoft online store error for pc. LMFAO another fail, looked great though... worth the $1 i paid for it.

crackdown? lmfao another overrated game.. your better off with prototype and infamous killed prototype..

lets be honest here. xbox has the better online service hands down. but outside of their overrated halo and gears (not going to call forza overratted cause its a great game)

all you got is third party. oh and the games that were playstation staples that ms had to buy into.

ms spent their money in the wrong places. instead of wooing square to steal them from sony they should have invested/bought mistwalker (lost odyssey and blue dragon) now those were xbox exclusives i loved. and ms ignored them for square and mistwalker just walked away from consoles and just concentrated on handhelds.. such a waste

my original point stands. you want the best third party experience? get a pc. the games look better, you can mod them and the online features have existed since before xbox and are always free. and are cheaper. a $59 console game can be $39/$49 on pc with free dlc (free dlc on ps as well, never on xbox LOL just ask valve)

exclusives belong to sony/nintendo (pc too when you think about how many great games are not on consoles)

lol sorry, good try and all but when it comes to exclusives on the 360 i'm just not falling for the banana in the tail pipe..

oh there is the other xbox exclusives, their called timed dlc

but at the end of the day, you helped prove my point. just cause i dont like gears and halo (lol and i just remembered, all that money made and bungie still walked away from xbox LOL) doesnt mean they are not great games. I'm sure they will last a long time and made many people happy, but the fact you mentioned them, means exclusives are important and the article saying they dont need exclusives is stupid.

might as well play online, cheaper and it works.. all the third party love without the console woes.

hows this for third party love, portal 2 and dungeon hunter. pc/ps3 cross platform play and pc/ps3/mobile device cross platform play. with free online services/.
#28.1.3 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report
Optical_Matrix  +   1221d ago
When you own all 3 consoles like myself and many others, or at least a PS3 and 360, it doesn't matter if the 360 doesn't have exclusives, because there are plenty to buy on PS3. So no need to complain that much. Sure I'd like MS to invest in some great new stuff but whatever. I still plan on getting Forza 4, Alice Madness Returns, Gears 3 and BF3 on my 360 this year which is plenty considering the ridiculous amount of games I'm buying for other systems.
NateCole  +   1221d ago
It makes much much more sense to have a PC + PS3 combo than a PS3 + x360 combo imo.

PC with real exlcuives like Diablo,Witcher,SC,Civi including some big game on the x360 and then with the best console exclusive found on the PS3.

PC + PS3 is gaming nirvana.
Tigerfist  +   1221d ago
The more high quality games we get, the better it is for all of us. If they go multi-platform, more people will enjoy those and overall the studios will make more money. Exclusive games are mostly a way to get console sales or to keep things easier on the developing side.

If this happened, it would all come down to hardware quality, extra-services and console pricing.
#30 (Edited 1221d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
NateCole  +   1221d ago
Agree.Its better not just for us games but better for everyone in the industry as well.

Imagine MS putting resources into hiring talent to produce various top notch x360 exclusives that compete with PS3 exclusives. This will result in more top quality games for gamers. More people get employed in the industry more games for distrubution channels to sell etc etc. Its better for everyone involved.

Now imagine a one console gen. If they decide to go the wii route then all of us hardcore gamers are screwed. Variety is the spice of life. Its extremely important for competition/innovation and catering to different gamers.
« 1 2 »

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call Yuffie DLC is worth the $1

3m ago - From the article, "You want to buy this Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call DLC right when yo... | 3DS

Review: 'Destiny' overhyped, but a good sci-fi tale | News10

7m ago - If you believe all the hype and find yourself awe-struck by the live-action commercials seen on T... | Xbox 360

Review: 'Destiny' exciting yet flawed space epic | USA Today

7m ago - For those unfamiliar with the video game studio Bungie, it is kind of a big deal. It created the... | Xbox 360

The Keep Review | GamersFTW

9m ago - The Keep, an indie game on the 3ds by developers Cinemax, harks back to the almost forgotten days... | 3DS

Celebrate the new TV season with Filmwatch

Now - With the 2014-2015 TV season right around the corner, come join us on Filmwatch as we celebrate and give all you TV lovers something to enjoy! | Promoted post

Top Ten Rivalries To Include In WWE 2K15

10m ago - With the latest delay of WWE 2K15, all of the wrestling fans will have to wait a little bit befor... | Xbox 360