During the GC, Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka, accompanied by Aki Saito granted an interview to GameInformer.com, here what one can retain:
Seabass attended the world cup in Germany,he personally saw 5 matches and found them very inrersting. For him, the best match was Argentina-Serbia (large paperboard of Argentinian). In short, this world cup influenced very much the European version of PES 6:
- In PES 5, when you blocked the ball it was very difficult for the adversary to regain it without making faults, that will depend now on the physical power of your player, and you on the pes 6 !
- Seabass also finds that in PES 5 all teams managed to play the ball in a similar way, whether you take Brazil or Austria... All this will be readjusted!
- Lastly, Konami will re-examine the positioning of the defenders, which influenced him since this world cup.
For the online mode, now: concerning the PS2 (and perhaps the PS3)
- One will be able uptil 8 players at same time using the multi tap adaptor for ps2. PC and PS2 will be brought together for the first time in network !!! If that proves to be true, here which is announced excellent!
- Konami will try to put stats, teams and others stuff to download and update via online on next-gen consoles ...
According to Seabass, DualShock 3 is the pad more adapted to play PES, and the PS3 should be the basic platform for the development of the PES.
To finish, Seabasse called with recreation that Winning Eleven could change name, to avoid Winning Eleven 11...
when asked about the exclusivity on 360 here's what he said:
,Aki Saito: Sorry, but I have to say one thing about the Microsoft presentation. The presentation was misleading. We never said exclusive for one year for the next generation. We said this year. We were agreed that it was this year.'