After playing the Call of Duty 4 Beta until their fingers bled, Ripten.com decided to bounce a few questions off of Infinity Ward's Associate Producer Pete Blumel.
I'm gonna buy call of duty 4 instead of UT3.
buy both....both are great games
weak so we cant customize our characters like vegas. Thats a downgrade from vegas. My excitement for this game has been decreasing and decreasing since I played the beta.
Don't you kind of think it looks silly running around in neon camo? It takes you out of the experience ... kind of like a girl saying she has to go take a dump right before you go at it.
I am glad they are not doing this. It just adds to the realism, skinned weapons are enough for me.
he likes playing dress up :)
hehe thats not me by the way but no I dint mean neon camo. But like in vegas how you unlock camo patterns and new equipment that was cool.
Even halo 3 lets you customize your online character.
WHy would this be bad? ...if someone wants to expose themselves in the battlefield like that, then just let them. But to comepleteley remove the option and give this pathetic excuse is just a sign of lazyness.
I disagree with the lazy accusation. Infinity Ward is going about the production of this game the right way dedicating individual teams to each platform instead of porting it over from one to another. They are anything but lazy.
The only class that really needs to worry about appearance is the sniper and they already have that covered as far as camo goes. If your taking the time to notice uniforms then your going to become a casualty.
"Heh...nice flak jacket...where did you get that?...BANG...bullet through the head...have a nice day."
Ward is spreading their efforts in the right directions. Anyone who is more concerned how good their corpse will look as the enemy steps over it shouldn't get this game...although the rest of us don't mind using you to pad our kill counts.
The beta kicked ass...the game will kick ass. I'm buying.
One of the only things that I would like is the ability to turn off the stupid ass kill camera in the server settings. To me it's a load of crap if you are trying to play the game as realistic as possible.
Post the comment on ripten's site about the kill cam thing...pretty sure they could find out about that too.
Other then that I agree with you, I think they are right on target. I couldn't stand seeing guys in bright lime green running around in Rainbow Six Vegas...
I dont see what was so bad about the radical look of some players...it adds a little humor if anything. But if you belive they are such a good developer, we'll see how the 2 games run when we compare them side by side. If the PS3 runs worse, you are then wrong and i was right on my statement.
...on-line experience than Halo 3. After playing Halo 3 on-line and the COD4 beta I sold my copy of Halo 3 and am now waiting for COD4 to be released.
Ok, first off Halo 3 was an immense game with a very rich on-line component however, what put me off was:
1. Gravity. I hate the way you can jump casually around. Obviously this fits in perfectly in the Halo universe but I prefer more realistic gravity in my games.
2. Energy Shield. Its great how when you shoot someone their energy shield reacts however, I hate not knowing how injured they might be and since it reacts for a short while after you hit them you don't really know if your second shot hit its mark or missed if both shots were fired right on top of one another.
3. Sound. The weak weapon fire effects really put me off. Its one thing to be shooting the crap out of someone but you never really get the feel of lead bullets striking their target with force. All you get is the shimmer of their energy field. Sound effects for weapons and hits really needs to be beefed up in Halo 3.
4. Maps littered with weapons. Ok, so you can customise where, what and how many weapons appear on a map however, most games will still be a race to the nearest, more powerful, weapon so the firefight can commence. This aspect of Halo 3 reminds me too much of Gears of War....run, run, run, pick up new weapon, shoot, shoot...start the level again. Although I did not play Halo3 for long on-line (only about 6 hours) I never got the feeling I was playing as a team but just on a team of players who did what they wanted. Halo 3 did not feel like it rewarded for strong teamwork.
5. Lag, Lag and more Lag. As per usual if you join a game where your connection is not ideal (i.e. 80% or better) then you will lose. I simply hate gunning down an opponent at the same time he started gunning down me but he wins because he lives closer to the host. Obviously this is a problem with all on-line gaming however, it seemed worse for Halo 3 (and Gears of War) than it did with COD2 or the COD4 beta.
Again, Halo 3 offers a great on-line experience but its just not my type of thing. After playing the COD4 beta I'm afraid I am now hooked and cannot wait for it to be released. Best aspects of COD4:
1. Maps are not littered with weapons. What you start with or can take off others is it.
2. Stronger need for good teamwork to win team battles.
3. Calling in air strikes or support choppers!
4. Weapons...10 times better sounding than in Halo 3. The thud of bullets hitting your mark is terrific!
5. Being able to mod your ammo to go through walls!
6. Last ditch effort - being able to take a shot at your enemy before you die!
7. On-line graphics leave those in Halo 3 (which are still very good) for dead.
Lol it look's like the clothe's are unfinished or something.(look's ugly in my opinion)I mean the bright colour's is just unrealistic to a so good looking game,Pls don't ruin it pls!!!
i have a problem with the skins used for marines and spetsnaz. most of the classes dont even look like what they do in real life. if im not able to to change what i look like at least make it like bf2 and have a standard look for each class.
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.