iTWire reports a bunch of official stats from the first week of Halo 3 and Xbox 360 sales in the Australian video game market:
* Xbox 360 hardware sales increased by 55 percent over the 23 September weekend (i.e., two days before the Halo 3 launch.)
* For the week ending September 30 (six days after launch) Halo 3 has sold 70,000 units, becoming the second best selling Xbox 360 title of all time.
* For the same week, software and accessories (including the Halo 3 special edition console) garnered over AU$9 million in revenue for Microsoft.
* Halo 3 accounted for 63 percent of all next-generation console software revenue; that's AU$7.5 million in software sales, setting a new record for Australia.
In addition, for the month of September:
* Xbox 360 hardware sales increased by 158 percent from August.
* Xbox 360 was the number one selling console for September.
* Xbox 360 held 31 percent total market share for September, more than any other platform.
* Xbox 360 hardware, software and accessories generated over AU$30m in September, over 50 percent more than any other platform.