Submitted by technologymob 1228d ago | news

Pokemon creator, Satoshi Tajiri, confirmed alive!

Nintendo have confirmed that Pokemon creator, Satoshi Tajiri, is alive via Twitter. (Culture)

technologymob  +   1228d ago
I know there was an article on the 'death' but I think it's pretty note-worthy that he has been confirmed alive so therefore deserves posting!
#1 (Edited 1228d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
cgoodno  +   1228d ago
I notice a ton of disagrees on this topic and I assume it's because people don't think it relevant to "gaming".

I gotta say that the death of a large portion of people who may or may not have been gamers, as well as the hundreds of thousands who are without such luxuries let alone a home, is at least relative to the culture of gaming.

It should be noted that one of the first things that will aid in relief is to provide the kids who are now homeless not only with just food, clothing, and shelter, but also games with which to help increase their outlook on this disastrous moment in their lives as well.
Mystogan  +   1228d ago
What about Masashi Kishimoto(naruto) guys anyone heard about him?
technologymob  +   1228d ago
See the statement in the post; Nintendo confirmed no-one has died :)

Edit: Sorry, though he was Nintendo-related too. My bad.
#2.1 (Edited 1228d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
alexi_666  +   1228d ago
i have to know this as well! there's no point to living if naruto is never finished. Dx
technologymob  +   1228d ago
Worth noting 10s of thousands are rumored dead still... Be a miracle if no-one
'well known' is killed :( So far so good though!
cgoodno  +   1228d ago
Just to clarify, more than one hundred thousand are unaccounted for or missing at this time, especially in the Miyagi and Iwate prefectures. Dead has so far risen to about a 2,000 estimate with people still working to reach those in hard to reach regions.
DaBadGuy  +   1228d ago
Good I'm glad to hear he's okay. I know there are many that are not and my thoughts are with them. Was just playing Pokemon Black earlier. I'm glad that the man responsible for most of my childhood is alive and well.

I was also wondering about Akira Toriyama and if he was okay. I know he lives in Japan as well. I guess I would be suprised to hear anything from him since he's always been sort of a recluse. I just hope he's okay.
Kran  +   1228d ago
Who the heck started this rumour anyway? Whoever it was, what a heartless bastard they are if they did it on purpose, while Japan are going through hell right now.
UP  +   1228d ago
it was probably 4chan. Right now they are having a field day with this disaster.
UP  +   1228d ago
Someone on 4chan made and posted this http://tubedubber.com/#s_oN... today. their are many others.
Izanagi-no-Okami  +   1228d ago
Sad. People are dying and they're making fun.
ExplosionSauce  +   1228d ago
That wasn't even remotely funny.
jaizenmonillas  +   1228d ago
If the earthquake epic center was in tokyo, there will be like 30% of famous people dead. good thing it was on the upper part
Kran  +   1228d ago
"Good thing it was on the upper part?"

The earthquake should never have happened at all!

Stupid human nature. Why are you so violent? >:(

@disagreers

Wait, so you guys are saying the earthquake should have happened, and those people should have died? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?!

@jaizenmonillas and that is why I am saying it should never have happened. Anywhere! :/
#6.1 (Edited 1228d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(6) | Report | Reply
jaizenmonillas  +   1228d ago
it was Inevitable, the upper part actually a farmland, it was not a city where millions of people are living, now tokyo on other hand have like 7m-10m in that city alone.

can you imagine what could've happen if its epicenter was in tokyo instead of the farm province above it? it would've been 50x more horrible.
cgoodno  +   1228d ago
It's ignorant to say it should never have happened. We, in our current capability, are not capable of controlling Mother Nature. The best we can do is predict, prepare, and rebuild.

It was a good thing that it was in the upper part of Japan, it could have been much worse if it was 200 miles south of that and not only would a huge portion of the technical population be in the same situation as farmers, but there would have been exponentially more deaths due to the massive population affected as well as even more issues with an environment that would see a long term need for clean up as buildings would produce more toxic waste compared to the farmlands north of Tokyo.

If someone had the decision to choose where the earthquake was going to hit, Tokyo or the farmland region, it would be very rare to find a person who would choose to go with the option that would result in less casualties. Luckily, no one has to make that sort of decision and Mother Nature does what she wants.
#6.1.2 (Edited 1228d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report
raiden-49  +   1228d ago
cgoodno  +   1228d ago
***they are still dead its never a good thing even in many numbers or small numbers.***

Good in this sense isn't to say it was something of worth, but as a quantifier between worse and better. It's a common use of the phrase in the U.S. that is intended to show a sign of the better side of a situation rather than how much worse it could have been. It is not intended to devalue the situation that did occur, though.
Megaton  +   1228d ago
Nah, probably not. If the earthquake's epicenter was under Tokyo and not off the coast, there wouldn't have been a tsunami. The tsunami did the most damage.
chadwarden  +   1228d ago
haha its EPI center not epic center.
White-Sharingan  +   1228d ago
Hideo Kojima is alive as well

Does anyone know if Fumito Ueda (The Last Guardian/Ico/Shadow of the Colossus)is alive?

For manga readers/anime watchers:

Tite Kubo (Bleach) is alive
Eichiro Oda (One Piece) is alive as well
unsure about Naruto or Reborn, etc. authors

I hope they all made it safe.
#7 (Edited 1228d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Izanagi-no-Okami  +   1228d ago
Thank God everyone is ok.
White-Sharingan  +   1228d ago
wow, you got a disagree? Humans are so fucked up
KillaManiac  +   1228d ago
“Relieved. Plunged at home here somehow.” (Rough translation) – Fumito Ueda of Team Ico.

Would like to know about Masashi Kishimoto here myself.
#7.2 (Edited 1228d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ugabugaz  +   1228d ago
Pikachu is happy.
Kinectanigga  +   1228d ago
Yeah because the pokeman creator is the most important person over there
VenomProject  +   1228d ago
Damn straight, son.
BubbleSniper  +   1228d ago
even if VenomProject was vacationing there.
VenomProject  +   1228d ago
Damn straight, son!
Syakinta  +   1228d ago
He went to Okinawa on a company trip from 10th.
He's stuck at Okinawa airport now.
tigertron  +   1228d ago
If he was really dead I'd still probably book a flight out to Japan and try to resuscitate him.
femshep  +   1228d ago
yay i <3 him
BlueEye  +   1228d ago
One of the many stupid ass rumors people make to spread even more unnecessary confusion. Its like what the fuck people! When I woke up and saw this rumor around I knew immediately he was alive.
#13 (Edited 1228d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
StarScream4Ever  +   1228d ago
He can't die! He can only fainted! XD
oscardog  +   1228d ago
Or maybe just flinched...
RockmanII7  +   1228d ago
when I saw the rumor I ran to google to get more info, then I saw that it was fake.
TBONEJF  +   1228d ago
Jeeze people let's just say that to our beloved creators from our game Developer's Manga artist are all alive and ok. And believe me I have relatives in HAITI that went through the same thing they did with the EARTHQUAKE it's not something you can make fun of.

Extended Fondling – Marvel Heroes 2015: Episode 2

17m ago - Journey of heroes. Ken, Drew, and Justin embark on a quest to become heroes in this multi-part s... | PC

Media Create hardware sales (7/14 – 7/21)

20m ago - Media Create published the latest hardware sales from Japan. | Xbox 360

ZTGD | The Walking Dead: Season Two Episode 4 – Amid the Ruins (PC) Review

20m ago - After the big cliffhanger in episode three, I was really excited to see what would happen in epis... | PC

The Walking Dead The Game : Season 2 Now Available For A Low Price On Steam

24m ago - The Walking Dead The Game : Season 2 is now available for a reduced price on Steam | PC

PS4 Game Release Dates

Now - For the most up-to-date release date info for PS4 games check VGReleases.com | Promoted post

Gust Considering Newer Consoles For Next Atelier Game

30m ago - “We do want to consider bringing it to the new consoles,” says Atelier series director Yoshito Ok... | Xbox 360