Submitted by SCEA_RULES 1326d ago | news

SOCOM 4 Bomb Squad and Beta Details

Competitive multiplayer has always been the core of the SOCOM franchise, and SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs takes it further than ever before with modes and options that both new recruits and veterans alike will enjoy. We've previously covered three of our four competitive modes -- Suppression, Last Defense and Uplink -- and today we're excited to unveil our fourth mode, Bomb Squad.

* On March 15th, a private beta goes live. We’ll be contacting eligible players soon.
* Beginning March 22nd, PlayStation Plus members will gain access to the beta.
* On March 29th, anyone with a beta code included with Killzone 3 gains entry.
* Starting April 5th, the beta will be freely downloadable to anyone via PlayStation Network.

The beta is scheduled to run until April 13th, at which point the servers will be taken down in preparation of SOCOM 4′s retail release on April 19th! (Game Developers Conference, PS3, Socom 4, SOCOM 4: US Navy SEALs, SOCOM Special Forces)

Alternative Sources
Dante112  +   1326d ago
Sounds like fun. Can't wait to try it out in the beta.
BiggCMan  +   1326d ago
Yea should be awesome I think. But March 29 for Killzone 3 reserves is dumb and a kick to the teeth.
SuperDopetastic  +   1326d ago
Yes it is
dougr  +   1326d ago
ahhh I feel like an idiot buying Killzone for the beta code now. I should have just purchased playstation plus...gdi.
crazyclown  +   1326d ago
PS+ all the way...they screwed the people who got KZ3 just for socom LOL...unfortunately I bought KZ3 for KZ3 and not socom beta cuz its a very good game
Nicaragua  +   1326d ago
Anyone who buys a game purely for beta access deserves to get screwed.
dougr  +   1326d ago
Why? We supported the Killzone developers just like you did. Just because we prefer Socom over Killzone doesn't mean we deserve anything. Is it funny how it has worked out? Absolutely. Do those people who support a developer deserve any screwing? Nope.
iamironman  +   1326d ago
does anyone even care about socom anymore?
nycredude  +   1326d ago
I remember an article that asked that about GT5. How did that turn out?

You might as well ask "does anyone care about good games anymore"?

If the game is good people will care.
kerrak  +   1326d ago
iamironman, as far as i can tell, at least 2 people care here: one is me, the other is you.
SynysteR  +   1326d ago
Don't underestimate the SOCOM fanbase!

This mode sounds like a lot of fun, Can't wait to see what else Zipper have in store for us.
HOSe  +   1326d ago
this beta is offering A LOT.
RyuCloudStrife  +   1326d ago
yes people care
SOCOM FTW
atwon23  +   1326d ago
Socom is one of the only games that still gets me on the edge of my seat. When Im the last one alive on my team and there are still two or three people alive on the other team the blood really gets pumping. Very intense.
xc7x  +   1326d ago
well people don't seem to care for you iamironman so who knows lol. i still believe in the franchise despite the changes and Sony having an outsider dev make the first Socom title on PS3 [stupid decision ever] but that's me.
cochise313  +   1326d ago
I hope that have move support in the beta.
Adva  +   1326d ago
MOVE+3D confirmed.
Tripl3seis  +   1326d ago
I just noticed the dog tags on the killzone 3 case I noe epic fail but once I buy a game I don't care about the case I just want to play it period lol
HOSe  +   1326d ago
hmm so looks like ill have an extra socom beta key. ( ps+ and killzone 3 )

so who's getting in on the 15th? and how ?
#6 (Edited 1326d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
solidworm  +   1326d ago
SONY deliver again hey bots.My 360 is now officially a cd player.
Der_Kommandant  +   1326d ago
Worst CD Player ever
#7.1 (Edited 1326d ago ) | Agree(10) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
king dong  +   1326d ago
oh dear, fanboy alert...and what is worse 10 people agreed with you....n4g is officially dead

on-topic i am looking forward to this game very much, cant wait to try the beta

http://www.youtube.com/watc... watch this looking very good indeed
#7.2 (Edited 1326d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
telekeneticmantis  +   1326d ago
SONY SONY SONY SMH
All 4 modes WOW just like Killzone everyone's gonna get the full multiplayer experience in the Beta and have nothing to look forward to when it realeases. Why must you continue to fail over and over and over, forcing your devs utilize PS move, and 3d in sacrifice of their games, and in the end gamers suffer, and when gamers suffer there not gonna have any reason to turn to your system especially when other systems exclusives have so much content on disc smh.

ALL I see is SONY games removing content and features, while barely adding anything, oh wait sorry let me not forget, we get PS move awesome........... where's socom's old modes, they can't fit on a 50 gig blu-ray? PS move and 3d take too much space? well thanks for nothing.
cochise313  +   1326d ago
You obviously don't know wtf you are talking about. What game has been stripped down? Please do tell, I insist. What devs have they forced to use move support? They encourage but do not force. Naughty dog has declined using move support for Uncharted 3.
telekeneticmantis  +   1326d ago
Socom has lost escort, demolition, extraction etc. for some reason could'nt have online co-op, and only 3 operations maps, and only 3 modes overall, 1 vehicle (which makes no sense they might as well have none if they're only gonna have one). resistance has gone from 60 to 16, players online, lost 8 player co-op, Infamous could of had multiplayer instead there's some bogus map creator. They should be focusing on giving players content and features, to give players varied experiences so players can stay online in a game for a long period of time, the only way to get a complete online exeprience from them, is to buy muliple games, Uncharted for traversal moves, and wave modes. warhawk for vehicles. resistance for true co-op, and maybe hopefully free for all which I would'nt be surprised at this point if it was taken out of the game. I'm not buying a game from them until I see a multiplayer experience that gives me a fresh or varied experience, with different options and gametypes to chose from.
damnyouretall  +   1326d ago
why you so angry when you dont know what your talking bout? your upset for nothing dude
Der_Kommandant  +   1326d ago
Thank God I'm Plus!
RayRay36  +   1326d ago
Im going to get it through PS Plus, but I got a KZ3 code. PM me for it
Peppy la Moca  +   1326d ago
If anyone else with a PS+ sub wants to give up the code from KZ3, I'm looking for one. Thx
damnyouretall  +   1326d ago
i read somewhere that multiplayer will have a move only option. that gets me excited cause i want to use the move and acually be able to compete online. i loved the move with kz3 but had my ass handed to me online. i hope what ive read is true.
#11 (Edited 1326d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
damnyouretall  +   1326d ago
damn, why do i get disagrees for no fkn reason. what in the fuck do you disgree with? if you dont like the move dont use it. hell its not mandatory. geez
#11.1 (Edited 1326d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
xc7x  +   1326d ago
i'm so there one way or another :-)
DEADEND  +   1326d ago
March 22 is going to be awesome, first we get Crysis 2 and now a Socom 4 beta on top of that. My head is going to burst.
SSKILLZ  +   1326d ago
I Got to wait until the 29 th GAY!
#14 (Edited 1326d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
crimsonguard  +   1326d ago
looking forward to beta. i hope we get to try all the other multiplayer modes and not just one.
HOSe  +   1326d ago
all mp modes are going to be playable in the beta.
ALFAxD_CENTAURO  +   1326d ago
Great.
AssassinHD  +   1326d ago
I am a PS Plus member so it looks like one of my friends will be getting my KZ3 code.
SwampCroc  +   1326d ago
While I got the KZ3 PS3 Bundle... I didn't expect to get the Socom Beta Access Code... so I was thrilled.. I'm 97% with the Platinum on KZ3.... Retro Map Pack DLC included... so I played me some KZ...

but I still think from advertisement point of view.... including the beta... made people assume that they would get it first... so this kind of just sucks... and in a way seems wrong.. it's almost like they deceived everyone.
#18 (Edited 1326d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
murcielago4  +   1326d ago
i agree with you, it does say get early access to the beta on the damn thing, so why the 29 it's BS if you ask me. but i got KZ3 for KZ3 the beta code was just a bonus to me. well at least we finally got a date for the beta release.

feel free to disagree if you want.

Driveclub Review - The Digital Fix

21m ago - For a game that is designed to be a social event and built that way, the level of failure is perh... | PS4

Guild Wars 2 Return of the Living World

56m ago - Guild Wars 2 is well known for its inclusion of a “living story”. Every month, with a few excepti... | PC

'Flappy Golf' King of the Hole Multiplayer Update Now Available

57m ago - TouchArcade: Noodlecake's Flappy Golf [Free] is both a fun flappy take on their Super Stickman Go... | iPhone

'Candy Crush Soda Saga' Launches on Facebook, iOS Soon?

57m ago - TouchArcade: King's follow-up to Candy Crush Saga [Free], Candy Crush Soda Saga, is one step clos... | iPhone

Getting started in Archeage

Now - Quick overview from Curse on everything you need to get going in Archeage. | Promoted post

TouchArcade: 'Chaos Rings 3' Preview - Import Impressions

57m ago - TouchArcade: I've sunk over a dozen hours into Chaos Rings 3 these last few days since it release... | iPhone