Despite a six month delay in PAL territories, Super Paper Mario debuted in the overall Australian game charts at number one according to data trackers GfK Australia.
The other two big games that came out during the week of September 17-23--Heavenly Sword and World in Conflict--also made it into the top 10. Heavenly Sword took out the second spot, while World in Conflict sat in sixth. Last week's number one--The Sims 2: Bon Voyage--fell all the way to number eight. The final place in the chart was taken out by EA Games' Medal of Honor: Airborne, two weeks after launching down under.
Despite not making it into the overall top 10 chart, Warhawk for the PlayStation 3 still managed to grab the second position in the PS3 chart.
Top 10 Full-Priced Games
1. Super Paper Mario, Nintendo Wii
2. Heavenly Sword, PlayStation 3
3. SingStar Pop Hits bundle, PlayStation 2
4. SingStar '90s bundle, PlayStation 2
5. SingStar '90s, PlayStation 2
6. World in Conflict, PC
7. The Sims 2: Bon Voyage, PC
8. Ratatouille, PlayStation 2
9. Pokémon Diamond, Nintendo DS
10. Medal of Honor: Airborne, Xbox 360