Top
260°

Console War Video Game Statistics

From the beginning of video games with Mario and Duck Hunt on a major console all the way up to the latest Call of Duty franchise video games in the most recent years have been becoming more and more popular.

Read Full Story >>
usedvideogames.me
The story is too old to be commented.
CatSanderson2679d ago

Makes me wonder if the number of female gamers will ever be equal to the number of male gamers.

jneul2679d ago

haha atleast there are more of us:-D

Dark_Charizard2679d ago (Edited 2679d ago )

Gamer or not, there are more males on the earth. We are made to dominate everything! :P

thor2679d ago

@Dark_Charizard

Is that right? I know that as far as birth rates go, you have about a 50.5% chance of having a girl and 49.5% chance of having a boy. Women also have longer life expectancy. So if what you say is true, it must be because of things like the one child policy china had and the desire to have a boy, meaning there are only more men because little girls have been left to die on the street....

TANUKI2679d ago

@ thor

While I can't disagree with the one child policy (since that is fact), the last part about little girls being left out on the street is a bit of a stretch.

thor2679d ago

http://www.taliacarner.com/...

That is what I was talking about... things like this would be the only thing to sway the population to having more men... the other factors I mentioned should mean there are more women...

AWBrawler2679d ago

Oh dear lord the numbers for psp and DS are of by a few mill. psp is near 60 mill and DS is knocking at 140 mill. these guys are off.

cyborg2679d ago

Had no idea the average gamer age was 32.

iamnsuperman2679d ago

Same that's the one that shocked me the most

Dark_Charizard2679d ago (Edited 2679d ago )

The average user's age on N4G is still probably 12...

ReBurn2679d ago

lol...N4G. Where middle school lasts forever.

Ducky2679d ago (Edited 2679d ago )

I'm guessing it includes all the 95 year olds that play wii sports?
:D

Simon_Brezhnev2679d ago (Edited 2679d ago )

that couldnt be true for 360 crowd probably PS3 and Wii. Since the Wii has old to young audiences.

etowntwo2679d ago

I'm 35 ... and this is probable the 6 gen of consoles I'm playing.

Video games have just become so much more mainstream and accepted cause it's just the new age of entertainment like movies and it's only going to get better and better.

Chug2679d ago

It's really not that surprising. That age group (which includes myself) grew up playing Atari, NES, Genesis, etc.

Drekken2679d ago

Why wouldn't we be avg of 32? The entitled generation of today is by far not the first gen of gamers.

Gaming is not just a kid thing. It is a legitimate source of entertainment for all ages.

+ Show (3) more repliesLast reply 2679d ago
jneul2679d ago (Edited 2679d ago )

THESE ARE OUT OF DATE FIGURES LOOKING AT THE SALES AS BOTH XBOX 360 AND PS3 PASSED THE 40m MARK A WHILE AGO

DelbertGrady2679d ago (Edited 2679d ago )

Ease off the caps, dude.

Kon2679d ago

She's a woman, i think

xino2679d ago Show
AndrewRyan2679d ago

OH NO! OUT OF DATE SALES!!!! I DEMAND A REFUND OF MY 30 SECONDS VISITING AND READING THE PAGE!!

Simco8762679d ago

Casuals turned this stats around big time... thanks Wii

sp1deynut2679d ago

...those Worldwide console sales #s are off by about a year. :o

Show all comments (24)