Submitted by Recnef 1307d ago | review

New Logitech Wireless Headset F540

Logitech's new F540 wireless headset gives console gamers the personal audio options long enjoyed by PC Gamers -- and it is about time! (PS3, Tech, Wii, Xbox 360) A+/A+

Pandamobile  +   1307d ago
I just got my G930's (PC version of this) and they're quite awesome.

It's awesome being able to roam my house while still being able to listen to my PC music and Ventrilo, etc.

Mic quality could be better though.
#1 (Edited 1307d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Bolts  +   1307d ago
WTF!!? Why can't my G930's get a firmware upgrade to work with the PS3? Oh, BTW.

Happy new year!
Bigpappy  +   1306d ago
Seems kool, but too expensive for a heas set. Theis cause as much as Kinect, Wii or a Move setup.
solidsnake222  +   1307d ago
Still using my Turtle Beach PX21s
PRHB HYBRiiD  +   1307d ago
just got them today from amazon...8 more days till they arrive
dontbhatin  +   1307d ago
i got them a few days ago. im liking them so far. just wish they were surround sound though.

im talking about the px21's btw
#2.2 (Edited 1307d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ThanatosDMC  +   1307d ago
Get the DPX version instead. Much much better... though i actually dont notice the 7.1 difference but that's just me or the games i play.

Edit: PX21 + the expensive sound processor
#2.3 (Edited 1307d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
PRHB HYBRiiD  +   1306d ago
139 for headphones is just too much the px21 or the sharkoon x-tatic sp would do the job...but if you are a hardcore competitive gamer and rich well get the astros or the ax pro.
ThanatosDMC  +   1306d ago
Astros cost too much for me. I bought PX21 and the DSS separately a month or so away from each other. I wish i had money for really good high end surround sound headphones though.
Newtype  +   1307d ago
This really works on the Xbox 360? That's a first for Logitech, considering they have a partnership with Sony.
#3 (Edited 1307d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Arup02  +   1307d ago
That's an expensive one.
X9EcksNine  +   1307d ago
I have my Turtle Beach HPX's with a Astro Mixamp
gorebago  +   1307d ago
These are stereo right? According to the amazon.com product profile they are.

If so, why are they so much when a comparable pair can be bought that are surround?

just curious.
#6 (Edited 1307d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TooTall19  +   1307d ago
The only headphones with good surround sound are Astros and Axpro. Both of which are corded and well over $150. There is a wireless turtle beach headset that does surround sound, but I've heard several negative things about it. I have the p21's and I still use them, but I won't get another turtle beach product. $150 is a fair price for the logitechs if you are looking for a decent pair.
#6.1 (Edited 1307d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
HBK619  +   1306d ago
Astro's are no longer corded TooTall. They have a wireless version now, in fact, I have them.

They're fantastic and well worth the extra money.
gorebago  +   1306d ago
I use a pair of ax720 and I think theyre spectacular. I don't like the cord much but I deal. I used a pair of turtle beach before which were wireless but they were such a pain. Hated how they ate batteries and how there was always some static no matter what I did to remove it.

I like that these are wireless and have rechargeable batts so I was curious.

I too will never go back to tb and I love surround sound, simulated or otherwise.
ThanatosDMC  +   1306d ago
Sad thing is that this one doesnt have surround sound. I cant count the times i heard somebody running behind me to knife me on back only to turn around to get knifed in the front. Ironic but surround sound works and this one doesnt have it sadly.
Da_Truth  +   1306d ago
Maybe because they are well made...but IMO it is because they are wireless and have the ability to have up to 3 consoles connected at the same time and you can switch between them from the headset without having to get up and unplug cables from a console to put on another
#6.2 (Edited 1306d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RevXM  +   1306d ago
Who knows.
But I would rather have a proper surround system instead of a headset with "surround".
Not that surround on headset isnt nice. :P
Edit:

Im in love with that headset and I will get it if I see more reviews that are positive.
Just wow!
#6.3 (Edited 1306d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ThanatosDMC  +   1306d ago
This looks really good. My ears also hurt with the PX21 after a while and i hate that the cords are rubbing on my leg from time to time.

I'm starting to think of saving up money for this headset, and giving my old ones to my gf... I'll just hide this from her somehow, if i buy them.
NobleRed  +   1306d ago
They are too expensive. You can get a sharkoon x-tatic 5.1 dolby surround sound headset for the same price. Who would buy a stereo headset for the same price?
Amigatronic   1306d ago | Spam
maniac76  +   1306d ago
wtf not even 5.1,i have the 5.1 trittons with the external decoder,but they suk for 2.0 sound from the headphone jack,but sound great when in 5.1 on ps3. i might actually get these tho. uncompressed wireless sound would be grand and i guess i could put up with the only 2.0
Grassroots  +   1306d ago
While pricey, these headphones sound and functionality are fantastic. It may not be 5.1 surround sound of but the sound from these things are great.

Only negative aspect is the wire needed to plug into your 360 controller/headset for the mics to work.

Got these in November, and love them.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Preview (Strategy Informer)

38m ago - From Strategyinformer.com: "Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light surprised everyone by being actu... | PC

GamersFTW Exclusive: The Life of a Future Games Dev

56m ago - This is an exclusive look at the life of a future games developer when he is studying. It tells y... | Industry

Reina Fujie finally shown wearing her Aoi Asahina costume for the Danganronpa play

1h ago - After actress Sayaka Kanda’s transformation into Junko Enoshima was revealed, a second cast membe... | PS3

Studio Guts reveal their Kickstarter for Aegis Defenders

2h ago - Today Studio Guts reveal their Kickstarter campaign for Aegis Defenders, a 16-bit tactical platfo... | PC

Looking for a great Pokemon Community?

Now - Look no further. Join us at the BulbaGarden Forums, the best community for everything Pokemon | Promoted post

Full Details of the Comic-Con Witcher 3 Panel

2h ago - A rundown of what was revealed at the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt panel at the 2014 Comic-Con Internatio... | PC