Submitted by Recnef 1369d ago | review

New Logitech Wireless Headset F540

Logitech's new F540 wireless headset gives console gamers the personal audio options long enjoyed by PC Gamers -- and it is about time! (PS3, Tech, Wii, Xbox 360) A+/A+

Pandamobile  +   1370d ago
I just got my G930's (PC version of this) and they're quite awesome.

It's awesome being able to roam my house while still being able to listen to my PC music and Ventrilo, etc.

Mic quality could be better though.
#1 (Edited 1370d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Bolts  +   1369d ago
WTF!!? Why can't my G930's get a firmware upgrade to work with the PS3? Oh, BTW.

Happy new year!
Bigpappy  +   1369d ago
Seems kool, but too expensive for a heas set. Theis cause as much as Kinect, Wii or a Move setup.
solidsnake222  +   1370d ago
Still using my Turtle Beach PX21s
PRHB HYBRiiD  +   1370d ago
just got them today from amazon...8 more days till they arrive
dontbhatin  +   1369d ago
i got them a few days ago. im liking them so far. just wish they were surround sound though.

im talking about the px21's btw
#2.2 (Edited 1369d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ThanatosDMC  +   1369d ago
Get the DPX version instead. Much much better... though i actually dont notice the 7.1 difference but that's just me or the games i play.

Edit: PX21 + the expensive sound processor
#2.3 (Edited 1369d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
PRHB HYBRiiD  +   1369d ago
139 for headphones is just too much the px21 or the sharkoon x-tatic sp would do the job...but if you are a hardcore competitive gamer and rich well get the astros or the ax pro.
ThanatosDMC  +   1368d ago
Astros cost too much for me. I bought PX21 and the DSS separately a month or so away from each other. I wish i had money for really good high end surround sound headphones though.
Newtype  +   1369d ago
This really works on the Xbox 360? That's a first for Logitech, considering they have a partnership with Sony.
#3 (Edited 1369d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Arup02  +   1369d ago
That's an expensive one.
X9EcksNine  +   1369d ago
I have my Turtle Beach HPX's with a Astro Mixamp
gorebago  +   1369d ago
These are stereo right? According to the amazon.com product profile they are.

If so, why are they so much when a comparable pair can be bought that are surround?

just curious.
#6 (Edited 1369d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TooTall19  +   1369d ago
The only headphones with good surround sound are Astros and Axpro. Both of which are corded and well over $150. There is a wireless turtle beach headset that does surround sound, but I've heard several negative things about it. I have the p21's and I still use them, but I won't get another turtle beach product. $150 is a fair price for the logitechs if you are looking for a decent pair.
#6.1 (Edited 1369d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
HBK619  +   1369d ago
Astro's are no longer corded TooTall. They have a wireless version now, in fact, I have them.

They're fantastic and well worth the extra money.
gorebago  +   1369d ago
I use a pair of ax720 and I think theyre spectacular. I don't like the cord much but I deal. I used a pair of turtle beach before which were wireless but they were such a pain. Hated how they ate batteries and how there was always some static no matter what I did to remove it.

I like that these are wireless and have rechargeable batts so I was curious.

I too will never go back to tb and I love surround sound, simulated or otherwise.
ThanatosDMC  +   1369d ago
Sad thing is that this one doesnt have surround sound. I cant count the times i heard somebody running behind me to knife me on back only to turn around to get knifed in the front. Ironic but surround sound works and this one doesnt have it sadly.
Da_Truth  +   1369d ago
Maybe because they are well made...but IMO it is because they are wireless and have the ability to have up to 3 consoles connected at the same time and you can switch between them from the headset without having to get up and unplug cables from a console to put on another
#6.2 (Edited 1369d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
RevXM  +   1369d ago
Who knows.
But I would rather have a proper surround system instead of a headset with "surround".
Not that surround on headset isnt nice. :P
Edit:

Im in love with that headset and I will get it if I see more reviews that are positive.
Just wow!
#6.3 (Edited 1369d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ThanatosDMC  +   1369d ago
This looks really good. My ears also hurt with the PX21 after a while and i hate that the cords are rubbing on my leg from time to time.

I'm starting to think of saving up money for this headset, and giving my old ones to my gf... I'll just hide this from her somehow, if i buy them.
NobleRed  +   1369d ago
They are too expensive. You can get a sharkoon x-tatic 5.1 dolby surround sound headset for the same price. Who would buy a stereo headset for the same price?
Amigatronic   1369d ago | Spam
maniac76  +   1369d ago
wtf not even 5.1,i have the 5.1 trittons with the external decoder,but they suk for 2.0 sound from the headphone jack,but sound great when in 5.1 on ps3. i might actually get these tho. uncompressed wireless sound would be grand and i guess i could put up with the only 2.0
Grassroots  +   1369d ago
While pricey, these headphones sound and functionality are fantastic. It may not be 5.1 surround sound of but the sound from these things are great.

Only negative aspect is the wire needed to plug into your 360 controller/headset for the mics to work.

Got these in November, and love them.

The 5 Most Amazing Video Game Controllers of All Time

19m ago - Throughout the evolution of gaming we have also bore witness to many new controllers. We take a l... | GameCube

Bandai Namco’s NYCC 2014 lineup

30m ago - Bandai Namco’s New York Comic-Con 2014 lineup is in. | PC

Kickstarter Weekly: Retro-Pixel Castles, Bedlam, and Battle Chef Brigade

30m ago - Garrett from The Koalition writes: Kickstarter has had a solid few weeks of games, and this w... | PC

Dragon Warlords Now Available & Free on Google Play

30m ago - Dragon Warlords is a captivating 3D online action strategy game set in a fantasy world of Adan. G... | Android

Looking for a great Pokemon Community?

Now - Look no further. Join us at the BulbaGarden Forums, the best community for everything Pokemon | Promoted post

If video games were more realistic

30m ago - You know, what if the barber in Grand Theft Auto kicked you out when you had a shaved head? | Culture