Submitted by Rashid Sayed 1752d ago | article

PlayStation 3: Top Ten Role Playing Games Of All Time

GB: "The PlayStation 3 is sometimes criticized for not having enough quality role playing games. Today through this article we not only prove that the PlayStation 3 has abundance of RPG’s but we also take a look at ten of the best available in random order. Lets get started." (PS3)

halocursed  +   1752d ago
Demons Souls for me, that game was so hard and when you beat a game this hard I get absolutely ecstatic.
#1 (Edited 1752d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
lastdual  +   1752d ago
Demon's Souls and Valkriya Chronicles are great games, and then there's also the WRPGs by companies like Bioware and Bethesda.

The only thing that's really lacking is traditional, turn-based JRPGs. The PS2 had so many great turn-based RPGs, it's sad to see the genre so poorly supported this gen.
#1.1 (Edited 1752d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Blacktric  +   1752d ago
Oblivion for me. BTW Dragon Age doesn't deserve to be on that list. At least the PS3 version. It has so many performance issues along with incredibly long load times, it just kills all the fun. One of the worst ports in this generation thanks to the laziness of Edge Of Reality.
#1.2 (Edited 1752d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Ratchet510  +   1752d ago
Thats right, we Insomniac fans like a challenge. White knight was great, cant wait for White Knight 2 2011 and the new ps3 exclusive Tales game.
Karooo  +   1752d ago
demon souls is a good choice, i loved it.
Rashid Sayed  +   1752d ago
It was one of the most hard hitting games of all time. Certainly not a game for everyone because this game will test your skill to the max.
Sam Fisher  +   1752d ago
"this game will test your skill to the max", literally, you as the person playing, not the character, if you died. it was your mistake, you didnt dodge the right way, you reacted too slow on the attack, you jumped in, etc. it was YOUR fault, best rpg for me, next to morrowind
Ssquared22  +   1752d ago
Love that game. Very difficult, but the reward was well worth the effort.
cyborg  +   1752d ago
My all time
fav PS3 RPG is Valkriya Chronicles and I hope they make a sequel to it
byeGollum  +   1752d ago
theres a sequel, but on psp lol ...
Seniorscrapper  +   1752d ago
where on earth is Star wars the old republic?
3dawg  +   1752d ago
PlayStation 3: Top Ten Role Playing Games Of All Time
Ratchet510  +   1752d ago
Star wars the old republic is not competition with PS3 RPGs.
Overmind420  +   1752d ago
Oblivion is still one of the best RPGs on any platform, let alone the PS3.
PrimordialSoupBase  +   1752d ago
Oblivion is pretty horrid. The level scaling pretty much destroys any sense of accomplishment in taking down tougher enemies when every damn bandit is running around with a glass armour set. And the game world is the most bland and generic Bethesda has ever created.

Morrowind was better on just about every level and now even looks better - with mods - than Oblivion.

#5.1 (Edited 1752d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
dkgshiz  +   1752d ago
That really doesn't look better then Oblivion. The water looks a little better then oblivion.
Optical_Matrix  +   1752d ago
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG on PS3 imo. One thing that PS3 only owners are missing out on is Lost Odyssey. I didn't give a flying f*ck about the game before but I got an Xbox 360 a few days ago along with Lost Odyssey. What can I say? One of the best RPG's of played in years.
baodeus  +   1751d ago
yeah, exactly,

If you want traditional turn based JRPG, Lost Odyssey is probably the best this gen. If you like previous FF games, i don't see why you wouldn't like Lost odyssey. I actually like it even more so than the previous FF games.

Funny u get disagree, considering how many turn based traditional JRPG are out there this gen (not many)?

Oh god, SO4 is so retarded. Unless u skip through all cutscenes and storyline, you might enjoy the gameplay (which is great), but can't consider it a good RPG if the story is lacking.
#6.1 (Edited 1751d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
elbeasto86  +   1752d ago
Not a bad list, just shouldn't have the "of all time" part considering the PS3 has only be out for 5 years.
#7 (Edited 1752d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AssassinHD  +   1752d ago
It just crossed the 4 year mark actually.
#7.1 (Edited 1752d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
elbeasto86  +   1752d ago
my mistake. thanks AssassinHD
byeGollum  +   1752d ago
Demon Souls, Forever tattooed in my brain.. masterpiece. I got my ass kicked and I enjoyed it lol ..
it remains permanent in my collection
#8 (Edited 1752d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
guitarded77  +   1752d ago
I was in world 3-1 yesterday going to recover my souls... I did so, turned around and ran without looking and fell to my death. I love this game.
#8.1 (Edited 1752d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Finalfantasykid  +   1752d ago
lol that happens alot in that world, until you memorize where all the holes in the floor are.
forevercloud3000  +   1752d ago
I personally LOVE and own...
-Demon's Souls
-Valkyria Chronicles
-White Knight Chronicles
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Disgaea 3
-Fallout 3

Now just waiting on WKC2, FF Versus XIII, Two Worlds 2, DS Like Dark Fantasy RPG, Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xillia, Mass Effect 2.

Still need to pick of Resonance of Fate, very good game.
Black-Helghast  +   1752d ago
I own all of those games too...Except WKC, but Final Fantasy XIII shouldn't be considered an RPG game. It should be considered THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT OF 2010. I'm just saying.
guitarded77  +   1752d ago
I just started WKC... it's a lot like FF12.
forevercloud3000  +   1752d ago
I too was sort of dissappointed with FFXIII in many ways but I still find enjoyment in it. Just hoping Versus XIII won't be making the same mistakes(Fingers crossed, lookin at YOU Wada).

Yea WKC is fairly similar to FFXII, especially the way the game starts in the beginning 0_o? But the game branches in an entirely different direction a little while in. Also the game is actually pretty good looking on my HD TV.One thing it has over XII tho is the ability to make Custom Combos, and an Avatar as well as play online. Can't wait for WKC2 where u can make your own Knight :D
LMS  +   1752d ago
Demons Souls is console game of this gen for me......

That game was so masterfully constructed///

so perfectly paced

so mind numbingly difficult in the begining

so deep yet simple
Hozi89  +   1752d ago
Man, I still never got to play Demon Souls. I can't wait to get it. Aside from that, Oblivion was my fav. RPG of all time, then Final Fantasy 13.
Fatal Blow  +   1752d ago
I love demon's souls still haven't finish that game tho
Sticky__Rice  +   1752d ago
Star Ocean International good?
forevercloud3000  +   1752d ago
Like Star Ocean till the end of time, you mostly play it for the gameplay and characters, NOT the story. Ever since 3 its been pretty weak. At least the combat is still fun.
zero_cool  +   1752d ago
Fallout 3 had performance issues galore which the developers are to blame for that & it's really frustrating as hell having to save more often because the game decides to crash on you forcing you to hard reset most of the time.
KillingAllFanboys  +   1752d ago
Star Ocean The Last Hope International...it was more fun for me than FF13 and after I beat Star Ocean I got Folklore seating there waiting for me to play it XD
nefertis  +   1752d ago
DS is number 1 rpg in my book on the ps3.
Bordel_1900  +   1752d ago
Demon's Souls
Azianphil88  +   1752d ago
Demon Souls and Folklore for me
Dark_Overlord  +   1751d ago
I'm happy to say I own all of them :)

WWE 2K16 Online, Lobbies Return, Online Tournaments & more we want to see

7m ago - Not much has been revealed or talked about when it comes to the WWE 2K16 Online portion of the ga... | Xbox 360

Razer Unveils BlackWidow Ultimate 2016

20m ago - If you are looking to upgrade your rig this holiday season, software and connected device moguls,... | PC

MoreConsole takes on Destiny: The Taken King

Now - MoreConsole's rag-tag band of guardians finally make it to the Oryx's ship...but can they make it out alive? | Promoted post

Fallout 4 Loot Crate Available For Purchase Again

21m ago - The special Fallout 4 Limited Edition Crate from Loot Crate is once again available for purchase. | PC

Honesty, Emotion and Oppressive Atmospheres in Actual Sunlight

29m ago - The Vita Lounge spoke to Will O'Neill, the developer behind the emotive and thought-provoking Act... | PS Vita

Nintendo Selects Range on 3DS Has a Handsome Price Point in Europe

31m ago - NL: Unlike Nintendo of America, the European subsidiary of the company - for various legal and r... | 3DS