Submitted by Rashid Sayed 1799d ago | article

PlayStation 3: Top Ten Role Playing Games Of All Time

GB: "The PlayStation 3 is sometimes criticized for not having enough quality role playing games. Today through this article we not only prove that the PlayStation 3 has abundance of RPG’s but we also take a look at ten of the best available in random order. Lets get started." (PS3)

halocursed  +   1799d ago
Demons Souls for me, that game was so hard and when you beat a game this hard I get absolutely ecstatic.
#1 (Edited 1799d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
lastdual  +   1799d ago
Demon's Souls and Valkriya Chronicles are great games, and then there's also the WRPGs by companies like Bioware and Bethesda.

The only thing that's really lacking is traditional, turn-based JRPGs. The PS2 had so many great turn-based RPGs, it's sad to see the genre so poorly supported this gen.
#1.1 (Edited 1799d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Blacktric  +   1799d ago
Oblivion for me. BTW Dragon Age doesn't deserve to be on that list. At least the PS3 version. It has so many performance issues along with incredibly long load times, it just kills all the fun. One of the worst ports in this generation thanks to the laziness of Edge Of Reality.
#1.2 (Edited 1799d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Ratchet510  +   1799d ago
Thats right, we Insomniac fans like a challenge. White knight was great, cant wait for White Knight 2 2011 and the new ps3 exclusive Tales game.
Karooo  +   1799d ago
demon souls is a good choice, i loved it.
Rashid Sayed  +   1799d ago
It was one of the most hard hitting games of all time. Certainly not a game for everyone because this game will test your skill to the max.
Sam Fisher  +   1799d ago
"this game will test your skill to the max", literally, you as the person playing, not the character, if you died. it was your mistake, you didnt dodge the right way, you reacted too slow on the attack, you jumped in, etc. it was YOUR fault, best rpg for me, next to morrowind
Ssquared22  +   1799d ago
Love that game. Very difficult, but the reward was well worth the effort.
cyborg  +   1799d ago
My all time
fav PS3 RPG is Valkriya Chronicles and I hope they make a sequel to it
byeGollum  +   1799d ago
theres a sequel, but on psp lol ...
Seniorscrapper  +   1799d ago
where on earth is Star wars the old republic?
3dawg  +   1799d ago
PlayStation 3: Top Ten Role Playing Games Of All Time
Ratchet510  +   1799d ago
Star wars the old republic is not competition with PS3 RPGs.
Overmind420  +   1799d ago
Oblivion is still one of the best RPGs on any platform, let alone the PS3.
PrimordialSoupBase  +   1799d ago
Oblivion is pretty horrid. The level scaling pretty much destroys any sense of accomplishment in taking down tougher enemies when every damn bandit is running around with a glass armour set. And the game world is the most bland and generic Bethesda has ever created.

Morrowind was better on just about every level and now even looks better - with mods - than Oblivion.

#5.1 (Edited 1799d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
dkgshiz  +   1799d ago
That really doesn't look better then Oblivion. The water looks a little better then oblivion.
Optical_Matrix  +   1799d ago
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG on PS3 imo. One thing that PS3 only owners are missing out on is Lost Odyssey. I didn't give a flying f*ck about the game before but I got an Xbox 360 a few days ago along with Lost Odyssey. What can I say? One of the best RPG's of played in years.
baodeus  +   1799d ago
yeah, exactly,

If you want traditional turn based JRPG, Lost Odyssey is probably the best this gen. If you like previous FF games, i don't see why you wouldn't like Lost odyssey. I actually like it even more so than the previous FF games.

Funny u get disagree, considering how many turn based traditional JRPG are out there this gen (not many)?

Oh god, SO4 is so retarded. Unless u skip through all cutscenes and storyline, you might enjoy the gameplay (which is great), but can't consider it a good RPG if the story is lacking.
#6.1 (Edited 1799d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
elbeasto86  +   1799d ago
Not a bad list, just shouldn't have the "of all time" part considering the PS3 has only be out for 5 years.
#7 (Edited 1799d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AssassinHD  +   1799d ago
It just crossed the 4 year mark actually.
#7.1 (Edited 1799d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
elbeasto86  +   1799d ago
my mistake. thanks AssassinHD
byeGollum  +   1799d ago
Demon Souls, Forever tattooed in my brain.. masterpiece. I got my ass kicked and I enjoyed it lol ..
it remains permanent in my collection
#8 (Edited 1799d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
guitarded77  +   1799d ago
I was in world 3-1 yesterday going to recover my souls... I did so, turned around and ran without looking and fell to my death. I love this game.
#8.1 (Edited 1799d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Finalfantasykid  +   1799d ago
lol that happens alot in that world, until you memorize where all the holes in the floor are.
forevercloud3000  +   1799d ago
I personally LOVE and own...
-Demon's Souls
-Valkyria Chronicles
-White Knight Chronicles
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Disgaea 3
-Fallout 3

Now just waiting on WKC2, FF Versus XIII, Two Worlds 2, DS Like Dark Fantasy RPG, Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xillia, Mass Effect 2.

Still need to pick of Resonance of Fate, very good game.
Black-Helghast  +   1799d ago
I own all of those games too...Except WKC, but Final Fantasy XIII shouldn't be considered an RPG game. It should be considered THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT OF 2010. I'm just saying.
guitarded77  +   1799d ago
I just started WKC... it's a lot like FF12.
forevercloud3000  +   1799d ago
I too was sort of dissappointed with FFXIII in many ways but I still find enjoyment in it. Just hoping Versus XIII won't be making the same mistakes(Fingers crossed, lookin at YOU Wada).

Yea WKC is fairly similar to FFXII, especially the way the game starts in the beginning 0_o? But the game branches in an entirely different direction a little while in. Also the game is actually pretty good looking on my HD TV.One thing it has over XII tho is the ability to make Custom Combos, and an Avatar as well as play online. Can't wait for WKC2 where u can make your own Knight :D
LMS  +   1799d ago
Demons Souls is console game of this gen for me......

That game was so masterfully constructed///

so perfectly paced

so mind numbingly difficult in the begining

so deep yet simple
Hozi89  +   1799d ago
Man, I still never got to play Demon Souls. I can't wait to get it. Aside from that, Oblivion was my fav. RPG of all time, then Final Fantasy 13.
Fatal Blow  +   1799d ago
I love demon's souls still haven't finish that game tho
Sticky__Rice  +   1799d ago
Star Ocean International good?
forevercloud3000  +   1799d ago
Like Star Ocean till the end of time, you mostly play it for the gameplay and characters, NOT the story. Ever since 3 its been pretty weak. At least the combat is still fun.
zero_cool  +   1799d ago
Fallout 3 had performance issues galore which the developers are to blame for that & it's really frustrating as hell having to save more often because the game decides to crash on you forcing you to hard reset most of the time.
KillingAllFanboys  +   1799d ago
Star Ocean The Last Hope International...it was more fun for me than FF13 and after I beat Star Ocean I got Folklore seating there waiting for me to play it XD
nefertis  +   1799d ago
DS is number 1 rpg in my book on the ps3.
Bordel_1900  +   1799d ago
Demon's Souls
Azianphil88  +   1799d ago
Demon Souls and Folklore for me
Dark_Overlord  +   1799d ago
I'm happy to say I own all of them :)

How OG surprised the world at the Frankfurt Major

1h ago - We take a close look at OG’s incredible lower bracket run at the Dota 2 Frankfurt Major. | PC

Taking Down the Bosses of Bloodborne: The Old Hunters

1h ago - Hardcore Gamer: Having trouble fighting your way through the various new bosses in Bloodborne’s e... | PS4

The Five Must-Play Exclusives for Xbox One in 2016

Now - With the holidays quickly wrapping up in 2015, it is time to look to the future. 2016 is already shaping up to be massive for games, and both Sony... | Promoted post

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters – All new weapon locations

1h ago - Gearnuke writes: "From Software’s Bloodborne: The Old Hunters is now available on PSN exclusively... | PS4

5th Cell's Anchors in the Drift - Why Did It Fail

1h ago - Marcus Estrada writes: "Anchors in the Drift was just the second crowdfunding campaign on Fig.co.... | PC

Redout, AER, Arms of Telos: Why Low-Poly?

1h ago - FBG writes: "We’ve seeing somewhat of a rise throughout the past few years, and still going stron... | PC