Details regarding the newly announced “Tomb Raider” game have surfaced ahead of the Game Informer cover story, which hits the streets this week. According to a source on Neogaf:
- Lara is 21 in this game
- It’s not only a reboot of the franchise but a reboot of the entire brand. As a result there will be no “real” Lara model this time.
- They’re doing performance capturing with this game
- There are brutal deaths in the game this time. One is described as a deranged man stabbing Lara in the chest and then closing her eyes after she’s dead. Another includes a boulder falling on her leg to trap her before another falls and crushes her head.
- Crystal Dynamics won’t talk specifics on weapons but concept art shows a bow, shotgun and pistol
- The lock on targeting system is gone and it now has a free aim system. CD says that it can compete with any of their competitors.