One American student sent major corporations, governments and even the Vatican on the defensive after coming up with Wikipedia Scanner, a software program that reveals who changed Wikipedia entries.
As soon as the software was launched on the internet, chaos erupted.
Among many revelations, Wikipedia Scanner reported that:
- Microsoft tried to cover up the XBOX 360 failure rate
- Apple edit Microsoft entries, adding more negative comments about its rival
- Bill Gates revenge? Microsoft edits Apple entries, adding more negative comments about its rival
- EA Games deletes whole paragraphs of criticism about employment practices and business methods
- Sony removes harmful paragraphs against blu-ray systems
- MSN Search is "a major competitor to Google". That's what MSN added to their page
- Click the link for the full list ...