Based on eastasiasoft's official press release published today, Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer is targeted to be released for PlayStation3 and PC.
I love games like Gradius, Einhander and R-Type, so this game will be right up my alley. Hopefully it's extremely hard and has a lot of gameplay variety, but even still it will probably be worth it just for the PSN price tag (should be under 10 bucks, i'm assuming).
I think its going to be put on the PSN.
Yeah, that's what I gathered. It's going to come out on the PSN and PC.
Like Warhawk I think it will be out on PSN and Blu-Ray. Because it’s coming out on two different platforms. I would like to be able to choose.
A true HD 2D shooter!??? I'm in.
Hopefully this game will run at a good framerate with no slowdown, as we all know slowdown is the bane of any shooter's existence. Heh, though sometimes slowdown can save your ass in heated situations...
edit: Thanks to snake_doctor for the website link!
secondary edit: Looks like the game will run great!
Preliminary feature list. Please check back shortly for more details.
* 12 stages of beautiful parallax graphics and animations, staged across 4 fantastic world/space settings
* High definition graphics in 720p (16:9)
* Beautiful weather effects (such as rain, fog and lightning)
* Detailed background animations
* Classic design, yet state-of-the-art shooter technology
* Unique upgrade weapon system with five standard weapon types
* Never before seen tactical elements such as chaining, effectiveness system, 'berserker' mode and much more
* Plenty of hidden bonus features
* More than 20 extras (with both positive and negative effects!)
* Addictive collection quests
* Over-the-top boss fights
* Features a superb soundtrack and sound effects
* Bi-lingual story mode (English/Japanese)
* Six modes of difficulty: very easy, easy, normal, hard, impossible, nightmare
* Easy to learn, yet tough to master
* Online high score ranking
* Constant frame rate (60fps)*
Hey, great find. Bubbles for you. The game looks really cool.
Very NICE pics. Thanks :-) Now it only needs online co-op mode. That would be something.
Sweeeet! Must have!
Edit: see list of features above.
i want it!
I think this holiday season is (at least for me) the most anticipated one in a long while. So many great games and peripherals coming out, my wallet won't know what hit it! Looks like i'll be putting in plenty of overtime in the closing months of the year to make up for it all....
I know what you mean :(
Yeah I'm figuring this will be 10 bucks or less.
YESSSS!! I miss old skool shooters like this! It looks bloody beautiful as well!
reminds me of contra a little.. that was my first feeling, and it felt good... ;0p
It gives me a modernized retro feel, and almost seems a bit like the recent R-Type games, or even Gradius V which was an awesome shooter.
Hopefully they'll include co-op offline or online.
man i remember back in the day when gradius was like my favorite game... (good times) this would be a great psn title.
Arghhh, x-out, z-out i am sold *moahn*
no matter who will review this and what score it gets i will buy it, cause i am in love with h-scrollers and there where none besides gradius for way to long. Good old Amiga times are precious memories indeed.
Good news! More of this sort of thing would be nice too :)
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.