Submitted by jayblings 1552d ago | video

Medal of Honor vs. Call of Duty Black Ops In Depth Comparison - Pixel Enemy

Pixel Enemy writes: Despite certain differences, these two games will definitely be fighting for sales this fall, and while we all know which will sell more, which one will actually be better is quite debatable.

Although neither game has been released yet, no one can argue that these two games will be compared until your blue in the face. Well you can save your breath, because Gmoney breaks down each of the games into 4 categories: Campaign, Graphics, Multiplayer, and Content. (Activision, Call of Duty: Black Ops, EA, Medal of Honor, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Attached Video
Agent-86  +   1552d ago
I wouldn't give the MP honor to Black Ops in this comparison because it is limited to 18 players, even on the PC (why have dedicated servers and such a low player limit?). Sorry, but that is just too low for me. I'm doing 32 players on Bad Company 2 and won't be able to knock that in half and have as good a time. Plus, I don't like the killstreaks and all the camping in COD games. I'm leaning more towards MOH since I like DICE and the BF series more than COD. I also want to show my support for DICE and EA against all the BS they're getting for having the Taliban in MP. I'll probably end up getting both, but may wait till early next year for Black Ops and hopefully get it on sale.
#1 (Edited 1552d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Substance101  +   1551d ago
TF2 will still be my FPS of choice, these milkfests will never compare.
Deputydon  +   1551d ago

This fucking guy's voice sounds exactly like this guy.
Blackpool  +   1552d ago
i agree
black ops looks like mw2 just the guns look different and a few new features but ppl will disagree.. i think MOH will offer great content
Substance101  +   1551d ago
Well MW2 looks like WaW, which looks just like MW1. There are no graphics improvements in the last 4 years.
hiredhelp  +   1552d ago
Multiplayer on black op's looks really downsampled. compard to the SP. however on MOH the engine seems roughly the same on both SP/MP.

ive been here too many times. with cod. FOR ME MOH . !!

plus if they use the same backbone as badcompany 2 with servers .it wont be soo laggy.and less glitchers.
#3 (Edited 1552d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
RonRico  +   1551d ago
^^
Isnt the MP developed by 2 diff companies 4 MoH? Plus ZOMBIES in COD. IDK which 2 get first
Deputydon  +   1551d ago
No. The Multiplayer is developed by DICE (Battlefield series). The Singleplayer is developed by EA's Danger Close.
DigitalRaptor  +   1552d ago
Medal of Honor for me.

Besides Black Ops apparently having more content than Medal of Honor, I will have the MOH: Frontline HD remake on the disc too, so that's lots more content for me.
#4 (Edited 1552d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
Edward-Kraken  +   1552d ago
Refresh my memory. How do I get MOH Frontline HD?
xYLeinen  +   1552d ago
By getting the PS3 limited edition.
DigitalRaptor  +   1551d ago
Yep, which is exactly the same price as the standard edition. Bargain!
MysticStrummer  +   1552d ago
I would have gotten Black Ops for one reason only... Nazi Zombies... but last I heard it was the same NZ maps from World at War, so my enthusiasm took a big dive. Now, Bobby Kotick has reminded me why I should boycott all Activision games anyway, just like I boycotted MW2. The more realistic style of Medal of Honor gets my vote. F*** you, Kotick.
RonRico  +   1551d ago
^^^
I know Zombies ftw. Nothing spells "more realistic style" than zombies. Braiiinnss.
Mastodon  +   1552d ago
Looks:

CoD will always look better, hands down

Content:

If DICE updated their engine and system for MoH then there is no contest for depth in Multiplayer - its all Medal of Honor, unless you like camping with marshmallows?
Nihilism  +   1551d ago
Have a delicious mastodon live clip

Blinding_Solo  +   1551d ago
METAL!
Mastodon is awesome! COD wins in terms of content for me but the gameplay is too generic and unrealistic for me. I hate how in MW2 the knife is what I was killed by most of the time. Getting stab from 7 feet away because of human enhancing perks is completely not fun for me. I might get MOH but the shooter I'm really waiting for is Killzone 3 and Crysis 2 (Damn I wish I had a powerful PC). And before people come with the "NO games are realistic" I already know that. Life is life and video games are just video games.
xYLeinen  +   1552d ago
Think you are looking on this a bit wrong. If MoH looks like any game out there it is BC2. Everything from controls, game mechanics, perks, etc. is different from MW2.

All they did was to build on the already successful foundation of BC2 and make it infantry based with game modes know in other infantry based fps's.

In my eyes this is very good seeing I love the BC2 multiplayer and I would love a more infantry based MP from DICE, and that is exactly what they are giving me from what I've seen so far.
AusWarrior  +   1552d ago
They both look equally great to me! I will definitely be purchasing both this spring/summer.
nefertis  +   1552d ago
MOH for me I've tired of COD franchise.
enkeixpress  +   1552d ago
No need to compare.. Just purchase & enjoy them both! That's what I'll be doing. :P

And yeah Sure, I'll be giving money to that B*stard Bobby Kotick & his f**king company by buying CoD: BO but who cares, I'll be enjoying myself & so will you too :)

Also, I I used to hate 'em but I like EA now, They are starting to show Quality in their products (e.g. NFS Hot Pursuit 2 & MoH)
#10 (Edited 1552d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ALFAxD_CENTAURO  +   1552d ago
MoH definetly.

PS3 getting also exclusive Frontlines HD and PC getting DX11 full support of MoH.

And I think EA will release a Coop mode for MoH, like a DLC.
#11 (Edited 1552d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Shackdaddy836  +   1552d ago
Very good review.
You forgot something on content for MoH though. You forgot the mode that they havent released nicknamed "project mercury". Im guessing its going to be awesome since they have kept it so secret for this whole time.

Also, for customization, you can change your skins(I think there are 3 per class on each team for each environment - not as much as cod but still good) and can also change where to put equipment(for example, you can put your sidearm holstered to your chest, thigh, or hip)

I think MoH wins but I guess Im just biased. Ill buy them both either way and enjoy them both.

You should re-compaire the two later on when they are both out. But, nonetheless, very good video.
#12 (Edited 1552d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
linguoming   1551d ago | Spam

Watch How Halo's Graphics Have Evolved Over 15 Years

9m ago - Halo 5: Guardians is on the way and there's even a beta going on right now until January, so why... | Xbox 360

Far Cry 5 May Get Multiple Save Feature

12m ago - Far Cry 4's Alex Hutchinson teases multiple save feature for Far Cry 5. | PC

Animal Crossing Plaza Being Pulled From Wii U From December 22nd

12m ago - If you're a Wii U owner and you've not yet downloaded the free Animal Crossing spin-off app for t... | Wii U

Gold Saucer heading to Final Fantasy XIV with incoming patch 2.51

13m ago - A new video has appeared on Youtube showing of the Manderville Gold Saucer for the Final Fantasy... | Xbox 360

Start Making Games for the PS4

Driveclub T500RS Users To Get Photo Mode Support; Driving Stats Issue Being Worked On

15m ago - Players who use the T500RS racing wheel will soon be able to fully utilise Photo Mode whilst serv... | PS4