Submitted by psb 1514d ago | article

What Sony has in store for gamers this fall ( PS3 exclusives to watch out for )

PSB - Sony will have us all taking out a second mortgage this fall. What should we look forward to most? (PS3, Sony)

Genesis5  +   1514d ago
The fall is looking extremely sweet this year isn't it.
Lucreto  +   1514d ago
I think last year was better. My list of games was far longer and uncharted 2 and a Ratchet game was out.
Chris399  +   1514d ago
Depends, I guess.
This has been the year of the JRPG for the PS3, so I'm happy as a pig in #$^%.

And there's Atelier Rorona, Trinity: SOZO, Fist of the North Star and a couple other Eastern flavoured games before the end of 2010. Great year to be a Japanophile, that's for sure :) Tonnes of - potentially - great Western RPGs out this year as well. My wallet was definitely hit harder this year than the last.

For me, 2011 is the year of the MMO though, I won't be playing on my consoles as much once Guild Wars 2 launches. It's nice that we have reached a point in the cycle where pretty much all the genres now have enough titles in them to keep most gamers happy. Between 2011 JRPGs and MMOs, I won't have to play another FPS ever again! That's not a dig, it's just nice to be able to play what we want to play. (I'll probably give KZ3 and R3 a go though, just to finish the series.)
jerry1972   1514d ago | Spam
Double Toasted  +   1514d ago
I think I'll pass.....a kidney stone.
Redrum059  +   1514d ago
granturismo5
littlebigplanet2
deadnation
castlevania

here i come

judging by all the comments, theres gonna be lots of online gamers on lbp2 and gt5 :)
#1.1.4 (Edited 1514d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report
ManofSteel3  +   1514d ago
@Lucreto
Last fall was great (UC2!) but with 2 potential GOTY candidates (GT5/LBP2), this fall's looking even better.
Lucreto  +   1514d ago
I do have 15 games this year but I was more excited for last years line up. I am still clearing the backlog.
Those 15 games most of them have collector editions. Lets not talk about next year.
Beware Oblivion   1514d ago | Spam
Redrum059  +   1514d ago
^^^
that will be the only game you'll be able to play this fall

my face and my hands hurt due to all the face-palming i do cuz of ppl like you.

Related video
Beware Oblivion   1514d ago | Spam
darkdoom3000  +   1513d ago
@ Oblivion

Wow. Calling people gay.
An age limit would be nice- ya know.
To stop 13 year olds like you from commenting.
SilentNegotiator  +   1513d ago
Ehhh...well other than Dead Rising 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, and God of War: GoS, and MAAAYBE {CastleVania:LOS, Vanquish (Demo in two days), MOH, Dead Space 2, Halo Reach}, I'm not looking forward to much.

We've certainly seen better years in gaming, but this year hasn't been "horrible"
Playerz8  +   1513d ago
While there is more games I want this year, last year definitely felt more exciting.
cyborg  +   1514d ago
Yup
It sure is, Halo:Reach and GT 5 are my most sought after releases and the best part, they releases on different consoles. Yes, I love GAMING!!!
gtamike  +   1514d ago
2010/2011 looking good :)

Dead Nation
Gran Turismo 5
Killzone 3
Infamous 2
Twisted Metal
Resistance 3
etc

and maybe
Syphon Filter
Eight Days
Getaway

bubbles me up :D
#1.3 (Edited 1514d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
SOAD  +   1514d ago
Okay most of the games you listed are not coming out this Fall and the last three haven't been officially announced, so....
UnSelf  +   1514d ago
ergo...
MrRipper  +   1513d ago
@Soad
You do realize that he did said 2010/2011 not this fall. Also about those 3 games that aren't announced yet, he put maybe. So..
Raendom  +   1514d ago
2010 as a whole is one of my faves.

Mass Effect 2
SMG2
Heavy Rain
MAG
Final Fantasy XIII
Red Dead Redemption
God of War 3

And still to come!

Gran Turismo 5
LBP2
Halo Reach
FFXIV
DC universe Online
PS Move
And all the titles listed in this article!

Yep. 2010 is epic.
Skadoosh  +   1514d ago
Why on Earth would you get disagrees?
DaBadGuy  +   1514d ago
@Skadoosh, he got disagrees because he put the letter H, A, L, and O too close together.
alldayeveryday   1514d ago | Spam
no_more_trolling  +   1514d ago
looking good

ps:
halo reach in 2 weeks
ohh yea
NYPunkster  +   1514d ago
DM
#2.1 (Edited 1514d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
kanetheking  +   1514d ago
this is a ps3 zone
why the halo?.if it comes in 2 weeks good for you I am waiting on assassin's creed 2 and cross edge everyone what games are u waiting to get.
remanutd55  +   1514d ago
well my playstation exclusive games for the rest of the year :
Valkyria Chronicles 2 ( PSP )
Dead Nation ( PS3)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep ( PSP )
The Fight : Lights Out ( PS Move / PS3 )
Parasite Eve : The Third Birthday ( PSP )
Eyepet ( PS Move / PS3 )
Gladiator Begins ( PSP )
Little Big Planet 2 Collector's Edition ( PS3 )
Phantasy Star Portable 2 ( PSP )
Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition ( PS3)
God of War Ghost of Sparta ( my most anticipated psp title EVER )
DigitalRaptor  +   1514d ago
For me it's LittleBigPlanet 2, GT5, Dead Nation, The Force Unleashed 2, Medal of Honor + Frontline, Castlevania, Enslaved, & PlayStation Move with compatible games: RE5 Gold Edition, Heavy Rain.
#4 (Edited 1514d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
house  +   1514d ago
damn
that list on the blog and the list on here make me almost faint (for my wallet) on all the great games coming out not to mention the move it will be a great fall for gaming i just cant wait for all that list to come out
#4.1 (Edited 1514d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
cyborg  +   1514d ago
Gran Turismo 5
I might end up spending the entire fall season playing that game. :D

Edit - Why is this article being reported as a duplicate? O_o

As far as I can see it's an article and not a news story.
#5 (Edited 1514d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TheLastGuardian  +   1514d ago
my top anticipated sony exclusives of 2010
1.LittleBigPlanet 2
2.Gran Turismo 5
3.The Sly Collection
4.God Of War: Ghost Of Sparta
enkeixpress  +   1514d ago
Gran Turismo 5.

'Nuff said.
#7 (Edited 1514d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
SoapShoes  +   1514d ago
I got a Driving Force GT, preordered it, and GT5 Prologue in anticipation of GT5. I gotta get used to playing with a wheel though, it's much different and hopefully I'll be good by the time GT5 comes out!
SOAD  +   1514d ago
One game cannot be the be-all, end-all game, no matter how good it is.
SoapShoes  +   1514d ago
@soad, maybe not for regular gamers/racing fans but for car nuts it is the beall game of the year.
SOAD  +   1514d ago
"beall game of the year."

What does that mean? There are plenty of great games to play. I was saying that saying "GT5, nuff said" is wrong because Sony has plenty of games in store.

It really sucks how the narrow-minded mentality of gamers allows one game to sell many millions whereas an equally great game goes under the radar. What about Little Big Planet 2? Should we dismiss that game because of "GT5 nuff said?"
SoapShoes  +   1514d ago
It means it will be the only game they want. LBP2 caters to a different crowd than the car enthusiasts, but the general gaming public will probably want both.
house  +   1514d ago
maybe for him
but he didn't say that he said that its a game hes looking forward to i like your comments and stuff but some times you point out things in comments that make me go huh? but anyways bubbles for you :)
#8 (Edited 1514d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
MysticStrummer  +   1514d ago
I'm not overly excited about any of the games on this list. Oh well.
Skadoosh  +   1514d ago
Been a slow year for the ps3 for me. I only bought Heavy Rain and God of War 3 so far. I have my eye on Time Crisis. Would love to see some gun action.
TheLastGuardian  +   1514d ago
slow year for people with bad taste.
Skadoosh  +   1514d ago
Did that even make sense? Please tell me what games I missed that are so good on the ps3? MAG??? Dude that game is weak. Stop being a fanboy.
MysticStrummer  +   1514d ago
MAG is my favorite online FPS of this generation. It's much more fun and interesting than the mindless MW or the empty battlefields of BC. Too bad it isn't mindless enough for the masses. You can go ahead and get all excited over a minor skirmish if that's your thing. I'll go to war on MAG.
big_silky  +   1514d ago
Dude, you can't be a true fan if you don't buy every exclusive. I don't care if you HATE Yakuza or Mag, buy them anyway. Not an rpg fan? Too bad, buy WKC anyway. It is your duty as a ps3 owner to drool over, hype and support every single exclusive even if you'd rather be dead than play it. Throw your triple out the window, only drooling 360 fanboys buy just 2 exclusives. You oughta be ashamed.

Do I really need to add /s?
coola426  +   1514d ago
I'm saving up for next year :)
Well the only game coming out this year that is a definete buy for me is GT5. But after that thats about it. Next year is going to be TOO big that i will need to save up every single penny so i can spend enough for next year. KZ3, inFAMOUS 2, SOCOM 4, Resistance 3, Twisted Metal X and much much more. Thanks Sony for raping our wallets.
jaytv-pyro  +   1514d ago
FLAME BAIT OF THE FUTURE
GT5 vs. Halo: Reach
ReBurn  +   1513d ago
Very little competition between the two, IMO. Both are going to blow the charts away.
darkdoom3000  +   1513d ago
Halo has people with helmets. GT5 has helmets.
GT5 has vehicles. so does Halo.
Both are going to be great exclusives.
N4PS3Fanboys  +   1513d ago
Here are preorder numbers from VGChartz for some of the holiday's most anticipated games.

Americas Pre-orders as of August 21

Halo: Reach: 1,255,006
Fable III: 156,500
Gran Turismo 5: 150,494
Kinect Adventures!: 91,519
LittleBigPlanet 2: 48,296
#12.3 (Edited 1513d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
gamingisnotacrime  +   1514d ago
GT5,
LBP2,
Move
punisher99  +   1514d ago
Its always great to be a playstation gamer. Because when the playstation consoles hit their stride, thats when Sony showers them with exclusive games. By the way Sony, I actually want another Siren game. :)
B-Zero  +   1514d ago
In terms of anticipated games there isnt much on the horizon except for The Last Guardian and Majin, both which have seemed to be off the radar a bit lately.. which is sad.
Guess im gonna reach into the back catalog. FFIV seems like a good start.
JonnyBigBoss  +   1514d ago
So many games, so little time!
akaFullMetal  +   1514d ago
cross game chat next year by PlayStation plus.
PoorMansGT  +   1514d ago
nah
no i rather it be free to all. It doesn't make sense to attach it to a service like ps plus.the point of ps plus is to give you discounts,free psn games and things like that. If they are putting the chat then it should be part of psn the online service like text chat,messaging,etc is.
MysticStrummer  +   1513d ago
If they put in Cross Game Chat, there had better be a way to disable that crap. It makes me shake my head to see that people actually want to be interrupted while gaming. Amazing.
#17.2 (Edited 1513d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
niceguyWii3  +   1513d ago
I dont want it.
akaFullMetal  +   1513d ago
im just letting you know it's going to be part of playstation plus. I wish it was free though.
Scotland-The-Brave  +   1513d ago
Do you have proof?
ReBurn  +   1513d ago
Lots of November goodness!
asgharagha  +   1513d ago
i think the last guardian will release for end of 2010 and i think it will be a goty candidate and there will be three goty candidates this fall for sony wowww
cyborg  +   1513d ago
Last Guardian
won't be releasing this year but I am expecting to atleast see more of it at TGS.

Lords of the Black Sun - PC Review | Chalgyr's Game Room

1h ago - Chalgyr's Game Room writes: When I first previewed Lords of the Black Sun I was unsure of what... | PC

8BC Plays: Batman Arkham Origins – Part 1

1h ago - 8BitChimp says, "He is the night, he is justice, he…. is just beginning. Welcome to 8BitChimp Pl... | PC

Dice Europe Live Stream: Opening the Doors of Development

1h ago - On Wednesday 24th Sept, Tameem Antoniades gave a talk at DICE Europe in London entitled Opening t... | PS4

ASUS GL551J Gaming Laptop Review - AllGames

1h ago - Excerpt: A few weeks ago, a package was left at my door containing a shiny new ASUS gaming laptop... | PC

Getting started in Archeage

Now - Quick overview from Curse on everything you need to get going in Archeage. | Promoted post

Lost Video Game Mascots

1h ago - "When you think of Nintendo what pops in your mind? Most likely the name Mario will your answer.... | Retro