Submitted by Voltago 1624d ago | news

Diablo 3: No Plans For Xbox 360 And Playstation 3

Blizzard just announced that they don't have any plans to bring Diablo 3 to Xbox 360 and / or Playstation 3. It's stays an PC-exclusive. More through the link. (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
8800gtx  +   1624d ago
Limitations of being a closed platform. Blizzard needs time and constantly updates their game. Something Microsoft or Sony would often charge for. Which is why the model probably wouldnt work. Not to mention the inferior controls lol.

8800gtx

@below

For it to sell on console, Controller support would be almost a requirement. Since most people when playing on console tend to play it from the couch using KB mouse in such a position would be difficult. Making the game for controller would mean dumbing it down(something Blizzard has not done with its franchises).

8800gtx
#1 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
Bereaver  +   1624d ago
God stop trolling lol......

There is nothing inferior about the controls.... especially since ps3 can use almost any usb mouse or keyboard......
Conloles  +   1624d ago
This is what happens when you have a crappy console which can't handle the game or even have enough buttons for it.
GrieverSoul  +   1624d ago
8800 and Conloles must be the same person or they are just 2 sad people with no console to game on and a 10 year old PC!

On Topic:
I agree that certain franshises belong to the PC! RTS and ARPG like diablo with their skills squares on the bottom of the screen makes these games PC only.

However, if you use the left analog to move the character, the right analog to move the characters 360º facing direction and we would have the movement thing sorted out. R1 and L1 would be right and left mouse click leaving the R2 and L2 to cycle between abilities or pausing the game for the correct ability selection. If they reduced the game speed we might just have it working on a X360 or PS3 just fine.

2cents
#1.1.2 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(8) | Report
InfectedDK  +   1624d ago
Too bad I might skip this great game..
Oh dear..
No PS3 version for me..
Well hell the PS3 library is gigantic legend anyway :D
Bereaver  +   1624d ago
Why does everyone shoot down the keyboard and mouse support for the ps3? I've got 5 disagrees because I said it's possible and would be used?

You make it sound like it would be a chore to sit down on your couch with a $10 laptop stand.

Forget controller support.

You're just beating a dead horse. No one would ever think that a controller would be as good as a mouse/keyboard for games like RTS or most ARPG's.

It's one of the reasons I got my computer right next to my HDTV. When I feel like It, I just flip the switch next to my desktop and then go to my tv and play on my couch.
InfectedDK  +   1624d ago
To everyone who still doesn't know:
The PS3 can play any game with mouse and keyboard..
You need an adaptor for the most of them..
But it is possible and it is also possible to make a game work with mouse and keyboard without an adapter too.. like UTIII..
Just plug and play USB like PC.
learte  +   1624d ago
"Making the game for controller would mean dumbing it down(something Blizzard has not done with its franchises)."

ever heard of starcraft 64???? but i can imagine a starcraft 2 port with the Move controler, im sure it would work. as for Diablo i do hope they bring it to consoles.
Letros  +   1624d ago
rofl StarCraft 64 is the exact example why Blizzard WON'T port anymore PC games to consoles.
#1.1.7 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report
STONEY4  +   1624d ago
"ever heard of starcraft 64???? but i can imagine a starcraft 2 port with the Move controler, im sure it would work."

If they insanely slowed down the game. Since would be no way to implement things like hotkeys, shift queuing, micromanaging units (you need quick reflexes and perfect accuracy). Things like building units at your base using hotkeys while micromanaging units in a fight (pulling back injured ones before they die) and queuing units to preform their special attacks or focus firing targets, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. These are essential strategies of the game that would be impossible with move or a controller.
#1.1.8 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
Nihilism  +   1624d ago
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had enough 'OMFG GOTY!!!' watered down multiplats to last me a lifetime.

P.S

The new graphical style is awesome suck it haters.
#1.2 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Nihilism  +   1624d ago
wtf double post

I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them...Sam I am.
#1.3 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
GrieverSoul  +   1624d ago
Wrong reply. Sorry.
#1.4 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Cold 2000  +   1624d ago
Its too bad for them. Valve and Bioware are having great sales on consoles.
Thrillhouse  +   1624d ago
Blizzard doesn't need console sales. WoW has them set for life.
#1.5.1 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
Thrillhouse  +   1624d ago
I don't care what anyone says, but the 8800gtx + conloles trolling combo is hilarious.
The real killer  +   1624d ago
Killzone 3 looks way more impressive than Diablo 3, Diablo 3 run easy on the PS3 hardware, the PS3 has power enough than you think.

Starcraft 2 run also easy on the PS3 hardware, remember the PS3 use a very new Cell-architecture.

The only problem is is that Blizzard has no single experience with PS3 architecture.

8800gtx + conloles are PC fanboys, yeah i love PC gaming and i know that PC has more power than any console, but i have also a PS3 and i see that the most PS3 exclusive like Killzone 2/3 and Uncharted 2 or GOW3 i never saw the gameplay or the the scale of the game on the PC yet.
#1.7 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
STONEY4  +   1624d ago
It's not about demanding graphics, even integrated laptop cards run Starcraft 2 at low. It's about the gameplay itself, it would be extremely dumbed down to the point where it wouldn't really be enjoyable. Both Diablo and Starcraft are very fast paced games that take full use of keyboard/mouse to keep up with the game speed. Controllers/move really wouldn't keep up.
xaviertooth  +   1624d ago
i played diablo 1 on ps1 and its great so what's your point?
Letros  +   1624d ago
Diablo 3, Torchlight II, Torchlight MMO, Darkspore, Grim Dawn, seems PC is king in another genre, ARPG.
bobcostus  +   1624d ago
Thank God. I don't want Diablo 3 dumbed down so it can be ported to 5 year old hardware.
GigaGaia  +   1624d ago
No offense, but the game isn't new graphic wise. Even 5 years old PC will be able to play it and it won't take a lot to play it on the highest settings.

If you can play SC2 on the ultra settings, you will be able to play D3 maxed.
Bereaver  +   1624d ago
I bet $50 that my 7 year old computer (the one in my closet) can run diablo 3 at least on the lowest settings.
ShiNe-Box-  +   1624d ago
The hardware being 5 years old is pretty irrelevant, since a lot of PC games (including Starcraft 2) are developed with DX9 in mind, more so than 10 & 11.
#3.2 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
ShiNe-Box-  +   1624d ago
Have fun selling 5 million less copies then.

The money to be made (on consoles) could allow Blizzard to pick and choose which games stay PC exclusive, but decisions like these ensure a console-centric future.
comp_ali  +   1624d ago
Blizzard have too much money to take your adice seriously.
Letros  +   1624d ago
Blizzard's SC2 and D3 do not make a fraction of the income which WoW brings each year, all other games are basically for fun, and programming for the cell is not fun.
Substance101  +   1624d ago
If they went consoles we would see Diablo 5 in the next 3 years. Cause thats how consoles work. Franchises get dumbed down, then they get milked.

As a gamer that is of no benefit to us. Look at all the generic FPS games on the market now, ever since FPS came to consoles. BC2 just got released and we already have MOH coming in, BF3 after it. Activision is doing the same with the COD series. Its called milking the market and destroying the franchises, really isnt of any benefit to the gamer since a game which lasts for long means it gets community support and a higher base of people playing it.
Nihilism  +   1624d ago
lol.

It's an isometric ARPG...console gamers only play shooters. Just look and C&C, supcom, sacred 2 how much did they sell on console's compared to PC.

You realise Diablo 1 and 2 were PC only aka anyone that has ACTUALLY PLAYED THEM. Will likely be older than your generation of gamers who are not allergic to PC, and these wise old guard gamers known which platform to buy it on.

Diablo 3 involves a lot of clicking and a hot bar...good luck trying to 'toggle' through your spells in the middle of a mob swarm...oh that's right, they dumb down the difficulty of all console games, as well as reduce the number of opponents on screen...as well as the sim speed of the game...so maybe you would be able to pull it off.

Whisper your sweet ignorance in my ear, tell me again how Move is suited to RTS games, or how gampads are just as equipped for a game that requires hotkeys.

I think I just figured out why I come to this site...console gamers make me feel so much smarter lol ( and comparatively...I am justified )
#4.4 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Nihilism  +   1624d ago
"who ARE allergic to PC"

*fixed*

I like my rants to be grammatically correct...
Sethian5  +   1622d ago
You should also make sure your facts are in order. Diablo 1 was released on the PS1 as well as pc :).
GWAVE  +   1624d ago
PC certainly does have a great deal of exclusives.
Letros  +   1624d ago
2011 is looking mighty fine for PC.
#6 (Edited 1624d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
jakethesnake  +   1624d ago
I like your optimism ;)
Elginer  +   1624d ago
They can keep it on PC and I'll play it there. For consoles Dungeon Siege III looks fantastic so whatever. Win Win for me all over.
Alos88  +   1624d ago
Your loss Blizzard, your loss. I'll buy it anyway, but I hope you don't regret losing the sales of those who won't/can't.
jack_burt0n  +   1624d ago
Look some blasphemy........ I would rather play a topdown ARPG by snowblind anyday.
mja12345   1624d ago | Spam
Drjft  +   1624d ago
Thank fucking god. This masterpiece is PC only.
Gran Touring  +   1624d ago
I can't wait
ATiElite  +   1624d ago
PC Elitist
Blizzard has ZERO love for consolers even though they started out on the Sega Genesis.

Diablo 3 is a PC game for PC gamers PERIOD.

Consolers only play teh shooterz (see Alan Wake sales)

Diablo 3 another 2 million units sold in 24 hrs.

Distant Star: Revenant Fleet On Steam Is A Grouped FTL, Now With Pause Button

12m ago - NoobFeed writes: "Distant Star: Revenant Fleet might be the mixture of tactical play and procedur... | PC

The Adventures of The Alpha Wulf Pack: Crota's End Episode 3

27m ago - The adventures of the Destiny Clan The Alpha Wulf Pack continues right where they left off in epi... | Xbox 360

Football Manager 2015: 20 Forwards You Must Sign

27m ago - The old saying goes that you're only as good as your forwards. Another saying states that a manag... | PC

Candy Crush Saga’s King Has Its Own Game Jam

27m ago - GG3 writes: "Always eager to follow up on the latest trends, King’s casual game peddling has take... | Culture

Do You Suffer From Open World Fatigue?

Now - The open-world format has become prevalent, is it too much? | Promoted post

Dying Light review - Vandal Online

27m ago - We've had a lot of fun playing this game, and that's what matters. If you still want more zombies... | PC