Submitted by Voltago 1443d ago | news

Diablo 3: No Plans For Xbox 360 And Playstation 3

Blizzard just announced that they don't have any plans to bring Diablo 3 to Xbox 360 and / or Playstation 3. It's stays an PC-exclusive. More through the link. (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
8800gtx  +   1443d ago
Limitations of being a closed platform. Blizzard needs time and constantly updates their game. Something Microsoft or Sony would often charge for. Which is why the model probably wouldnt work. Not to mention the inferior controls lol.

8800gtx

@below

For it to sell on console, Controller support would be almost a requirement. Since most people when playing on console tend to play it from the couch using KB mouse in such a position would be difficult. Making the game for controller would mean dumbing it down(something Blizzard has not done with its franchises).

8800gtx
#1 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(14) | Disagree(13) | Report | Reply
Bereaver  +   1443d ago
God stop trolling lol......

There is nothing inferior about the controls.... especially since ps3 can use almost any usb mouse or keyboard......
Conloles  +   1443d ago
This is what happens when you have a crappy console which can't handle the game or even have enough buttons for it.
GrieverSoul  +   1443d ago
8800 and Conloles must be the same person or they are just 2 sad people with no console to game on and a 10 year old PC!

On Topic:
I agree that certain franshises belong to the PC! RTS and ARPG like diablo with their skills squares on the bottom of the screen makes these games PC only.

However, if you use the left analog to move the character, the right analog to move the characters 360º facing direction and we would have the movement thing sorted out. R1 and L1 would be right and left mouse click leaving the R2 and L2 to cycle between abilities or pausing the game for the correct ability selection. If they reduced the game speed we might just have it working on a X360 or PS3 just fine.

2cents
#1.1.2 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(8) | Report
InfectedDK  +   1443d ago
Too bad I might skip this great game..
Oh dear..
No PS3 version for me..
Well hell the PS3 library is gigantic legend anyway :D
Bereaver  +   1443d ago
Why does everyone shoot down the keyboard and mouse support for the ps3? I've got 5 disagrees because I said it's possible and would be used?

You make it sound like it would be a chore to sit down on your couch with a $10 laptop stand.

Forget controller support.

You're just beating a dead horse. No one would ever think that a controller would be as good as a mouse/keyboard for games like RTS or most ARPG's.

It's one of the reasons I got my computer right next to my HDTV. When I feel like It, I just flip the switch next to my desktop and then go to my tv and play on my couch.
InfectedDK  +   1443d ago
To everyone who still doesn't know:
The PS3 can play any game with mouse and keyboard..
You need an adaptor for the most of them..
But it is possible and it is also possible to make a game work with mouse and keyboard without an adapter too.. like UTIII..
Just plug and play USB like PC.
learte  +   1443d ago
"Making the game for controller would mean dumbing it down(something Blizzard has not done with its franchises)."

ever heard of starcraft 64???? but i can imagine a starcraft 2 port with the Move controler, im sure it would work. as for Diablo i do hope they bring it to consoles.
Letros  +   1443d ago
rofl StarCraft 64 is the exact example why Blizzard WON'T port anymore PC games to consoles.
#1.1.7 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report
STONEY4  +   1443d ago
"ever heard of starcraft 64???? but i can imagine a starcraft 2 port with the Move controler, im sure it would work."

If they insanely slowed down the game. Since would be no way to implement things like hotkeys, shift queuing, micromanaging units (you need quick reflexes and perfect accuracy). Things like building units at your base using hotkeys while micromanaging units in a fight (pulling back injured ones before they die) and queuing units to preform their special attacks or focus firing targets, ALL AT THE SAME TIME. These are essential strategies of the game that would be impossible with move or a controller.
#1.1.8 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
Nihilism  +   1443d ago
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had enough 'OMFG GOTY!!!' watered down multiplats to last me a lifetime.

P.S

The new graphical style is awesome suck it haters.
#1.2 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Nihilism  +   1443d ago
wtf double post

I do not like green eggs and ham, I do not like them...Sam I am.
#1.3 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
GrieverSoul  +   1443d ago
Wrong reply. Sorry.
#1.4 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Cold 2000  +   1443d ago
Its too bad for them. Valve and Bioware are having great sales on consoles.
Thrillhouse  +   1443d ago
Blizzard doesn't need console sales. WoW has them set for life.
#1.5.1 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report
Thrillhouse  +   1443d ago
I don't care what anyone says, but the 8800gtx + conloles trolling combo is hilarious.
The real killer  +   1443d ago
Killzone 3 looks way more impressive than Diablo 3, Diablo 3 run easy on the PS3 hardware, the PS3 has power enough than you think.

Starcraft 2 run also easy on the PS3 hardware, remember the PS3 use a very new Cell-architecture.

The only problem is is that Blizzard has no single experience with PS3 architecture.

8800gtx + conloles are PC fanboys, yeah i love PC gaming and i know that PC has more power than any console, but i have also a PS3 and i see that the most PS3 exclusive like Killzone 2/3 and Uncharted 2 or GOW3 i never saw the gameplay or the the scale of the game on the PC yet.
#1.7 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(7) | Report | Reply
STONEY4  +   1443d ago
It's not about demanding graphics, even integrated laptop cards run Starcraft 2 at low. It's about the gameplay itself, it would be extremely dumbed down to the point where it wouldn't really be enjoyable. Both Diablo and Starcraft are very fast paced games that take full use of keyboard/mouse to keep up with the game speed. Controllers/move really wouldn't keep up.
xaviertooth  +   1443d ago
i played diablo 1 on ps1 and its great so what's your point?
Letros  +   1443d ago
Diablo 3, Torchlight II, Torchlight MMO, Darkspore, Grim Dawn, seems PC is king in another genre, ARPG.
bobcostus  +   1443d ago
Thank God. I don't want Diablo 3 dumbed down so it can be ported to 5 year old hardware.
GigaGaia  +   1443d ago
No offense, but the game isn't new graphic wise. Even 5 years old PC will be able to play it and it won't take a lot to play it on the highest settings.

If you can play SC2 on the ultra settings, you will be able to play D3 maxed.
Bereaver  +   1443d ago
I bet $50 that my 7 year old computer (the one in my closet) can run diablo 3 at least on the lowest settings.
ShiNe-Box-  +   1443d ago
The hardware being 5 years old is pretty irrelevant, since a lot of PC games (including Starcraft 2) are developed with DX9 in mind, more so than 10 & 11.
#3.2 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
ShiNe-Box-  +   1443d ago
Have fun selling 5 million less copies then.

The money to be made (on consoles) could allow Blizzard to pick and choose which games stay PC exclusive, but decisions like these ensure a console-centric future.
comp_ali  +   1443d ago
Blizzard have too much money to take your adice seriously.
Letros  +   1443d ago
Blizzard's SC2 and D3 do not make a fraction of the income which WoW brings each year, all other games are basically for fun, and programming for the cell is not fun.
Substance101  +   1443d ago
If they went consoles we would see Diablo 5 in the next 3 years. Cause thats how consoles work. Franchises get dumbed down, then they get milked.

As a gamer that is of no benefit to us. Look at all the generic FPS games on the market now, ever since FPS came to consoles. BC2 just got released and we already have MOH coming in, BF3 after it. Activision is doing the same with the COD series. Its called milking the market and destroying the franchises, really isnt of any benefit to the gamer since a game which lasts for long means it gets community support and a higher base of people playing it.
Nihilism  +   1443d ago
lol.

It's an isometric ARPG...console gamers only play shooters. Just look and C&C, supcom, sacred 2 how much did they sell on console's compared to PC.

You realise Diablo 1 and 2 were PC only aka anyone that has ACTUALLY PLAYED THEM. Will likely be older than your generation of gamers who are not allergic to PC, and these wise old guard gamers known which platform to buy it on.

Diablo 3 involves a lot of clicking and a hot bar...good luck trying to 'toggle' through your spells in the middle of a mob swarm...oh that's right, they dumb down the difficulty of all console games, as well as reduce the number of opponents on screen...as well as the sim speed of the game...so maybe you would be able to pull it off.

Whisper your sweet ignorance in my ear, tell me again how Move is suited to RTS games, or how gampads are just as equipped for a game that requires hotkeys.

I think I just figured out why I come to this site...console gamers make me feel so much smarter lol ( and comparatively...I am justified )
#4.4 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Nihilism  +   1443d ago
"who ARE allergic to PC"

*fixed*

I like my rants to be grammatically correct...
Sethian5  +   1442d ago
You should also make sure your facts are in order. Diablo 1 was released on the PS1 as well as pc :).
GWAVE  +   1443d ago
PC certainly does have a great deal of exclusives.
Letros  +   1443d ago
2011 is looking mighty fine for PC.
#6 (Edited 1443d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
jakethesnake  +   1443d ago
I like your optimism ;)
Elginer  +   1443d ago
They can keep it on PC and I'll play it there. For consoles Dungeon Siege III looks fantastic so whatever. Win Win for me all over.
Alos88  +   1443d ago
Your loss Blizzard, your loss. I'll buy it anyway, but I hope you don't regret losing the sales of those who won't/can't.
jack_burt0n  +   1443d ago
Look some blasphemy........ I would rather play a topdown ARPG by snowblind anyday.
mja12345   1443d ago | Spam
Drjft  +   1443d ago
Thank fucking god. This masterpiece is PC only.
Gran Touring  +   1443d ago
I can't wait
ATiElite  +   1443d ago
PC Elitist
Blizzard has ZERO love for consolers even though they started out on the Sega Genesis.

Diablo 3 is a PC game for PC gamers PERIOD.

Consolers only play teh shooterz (see Alan Wake sales)

Diablo 3 another 2 million units sold in 24 hrs.

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Best Seed Collection

35m ago - Bought the Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition and are looking for a specific kind of world? Well lo... | PS3

Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle Gets a New Trailer

1h ago - Hardcore Gamer: A new trailer was released today for Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle. | 3DS

Mechanically Beautiful: Valiant Hearts

1h ago - “Valiant Hearts” is a smaller game made by Ubisoft that feels very indie, like “Child of Light” o... | PC

Discussing Inquisition and Beyond with Dragon Age's Creative Director

2h ago - "We caught up with Laidlaw as he and his team begin to ramp into final tweaks and launch plans fo... | PC

Sniper Elite III (PS4) Review

Now - Ken holds his breath and takes the shot with the latest Sniper Elite title. | Promoted post

Snail Game:The most worth-visiting booth at ChinaJoy

2h ago - ChinaJoy, the largest annual international exhibition on digital interactive entertainment in Chi... | Culture