Submitted by Sinner101GR 1353d ago | news

Call of Duty Map Packs Sales Surpass 20 Million Units

Activision has announced that the Modern Warfare 2 Map Packs have just just pushed CoD Map Pack sales past 20 Million Units. (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Alternative Sources
captain-obvious  +   1353d ago
15 * 20 = 300

that's 300 million dollars in case you didn't understand and that only from map packs
well form the looks of things i don't see COD dying any time soon

300 million dollars of profit just went strait to Activision's wallet
this is a very very sad day in gaming
#1 (Edited 1353d ago ) | Agree(19) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
PSfan09  +   1353d ago
and the fact is this game is no longer fun, its about people trying to increase their k/d ratio. I've went in a room with everyone just camping (no jokes either)
fortehhordes  +   1353d ago
Not 20 million of the MW2 map packs. 20 Million map packs across the whole franchise.
UnSelf  +   1353d ago
and here Activision was worried abot charging for MP

(scoffs) look at all the mindless drones thatll pay for anything
darkride66  +   1353d ago
I'm out.
I bought the packs for COD4 and I had a lot of fun. I grabbed 2 of the COD WAW packs and again had a blast (Zombies ftw). I grabbed the first pack for MW2 and was very underwhelmed despite the new $15 dollar price tag. MW2 multiplayer just isn't up to COD4. Too glitchy, too many cheaters, too many problems, too unbalanced. My friends and I used to play COD4 religiously on the weekends. We'd arrange a time, we'd all meet up online and it was a blast. Although each of us bought MW2, we haven't had a single match where we've all got together because we all are in agreement. MW2's multiplayer just isn't as good.

And Activision wants to charge us for multiplayer in the future? There are plenty of better multiplayer shooters out there. Activision needs to get off their high horse and realize that.
tinybigman  +   1353d ago
i did not
Contribute to any of that. Just bought the game, beat campaign and sold it back.
pustulio  +   1353d ago
Me neither Kotick can go fuck himself because i got them for free. n_n
Baltis  +   1353d ago
Unbelievable. People are that stupid. Marketing, kids. It's all marketing. Activision and EA are both masters of it. COD is the most generic FPS I've ever played. Well, Disrupter, Resistance 1 & 2 withstanding. How people can choose one fps over the other is lunacy. They are all the same. And look at all the money wasted there. 20million + whatever they cost, I don't even know because I wouldn't be caught dead playing another COD game. I played like part 5 on my ps3 with a buddy and now I can't get the trophies off there.
mrv321  +   1353d ago
Why bring R1 and R2 into this? Wait don't answer that.

SO let me get this straight

R1 is generic
R2 is COMPLETELY different to the original in every sense of the word but is still generic?

Halo hasn't changed and involves space marines, Gears again space marines type people... Resistance a 1950's Alien invasion.
Coramoor_  +   1353d ago
random troll of anything ever made by insomniac, you must be a hater of them for some reason

i love how someone disagreed with my post... there isn't even anything to disagree with
#2.2 (Edited 1353d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Independent_Charles  +   1353d ago
#3 (Edited 1353d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Mario18  +   1353d ago
#3.1 (Edited 1353d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
PirateThom  +   1353d ago
Herp and, indeed, derp.
xYLeinen  +   1353d ago
And they all say they hate the game. Contradicting fucks all of you
waterboy  +   1353d ago
just stop hating on the game
and play it cause you know its better than your favorite games
SKUD  +   1353d ago
Ka Ching!.
TheObserver  +   1353d ago
I can't believe this, MAP PACKS? PC had free maps for ages, it should be free for fans. Thanks you idiots who buy this crap.

A fool is soon parted with his money.
#8 (Edited 1353d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
N4BmpS  +   1353d ago
And how much of that money went to IW? Probably none.
Non_sequitur  +   1353d ago
I bought the map packs just play with all my friends who have it and send me an invite. The map packs are only great until people find the best places to camp. Now MW2 is boring again. Well, playing different modes helps a little.
EazyC  +   1353d ago
Don't hate on them. They're smart by business standards! Keep them CoD fanboys coming for more and they'll eat out of your hand! Unfortunately that's me included =/

P.S-Seeing as I'm a secret CoD lover (even though I hate it at the same time, it's weird), I pounced at this article when I thought it was something Black Ops related!
ultramoot  +   1353d ago
With sales like that, you can expect the following titles in the near-future.
Major Titles -

lmao
joint projects:

COD vs COD
COD vs. Mortal Kombat vs. Tekken
COD vs. Jesus: Holy Warfare
jerethdagryphon  +   1353d ago
although the idea of cod temporal warfare is......frightning we must not give ideas to those who hold the purse strings
#12.1.1 (Edited 1353d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report
Liquid_Ocelot  +   1353d ago
S A D
redDevil87  +   1353d ago
Makes me sick thinking that this is more money for kotick
#14 (Edited 1353d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
enkeixpress  +   1353d ago
Woah dude... Over 20 million gamers had Activision's & Kotick's dicks shoved up their arses..

Ah man, feel sorry for 'em =/
#15 (Edited 1353d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
hiredhelp  +   1353d ago
with that amount of money they boasting of racking in.with silly fools willing to pay up and not say NO! they will milk this NAME COD to fu*k remeber without the downloads US WE THE PEOPLE they wouldnt be happy and then somert get done. with all that money being made they could at least give better deadicated servers. not PEER TO PEER (shared connection)
bug free map that means get testers such as the users. like US to test it say were we think there's bugs.issues faults. make the dam game play as good as its supposed to look.
that or BEEP off.
#16 (Edited 1353d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
BubbleSystemSuck  +   1353d ago
Zombies are millions
Paradise Lost  +   1353d ago
And none of that cash goes towards improving the god damn game.
midgard229  +   1353d ago
20 million morons lol. wow

Trials Fusion Achievements and Trophies List

8m ago - Guide4GameS: Trials Fusion melds the classic, proven Trials formula of simple yet addictive compe... | PC

Theatrhythm: FF Curtain Call New Songs Include Tracks From Final Fantasy Tactics And More

8m ago - Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call is going to include tracks taken from Final Fantasy spin-... | 3DS

Super Smash Bros Pic Of The Day 16.4.14: Exercising with Wii Fit Trainer and Zero Suit Samus

9m ago - Mike From Mii-gamer: Like with Brawl, Sakurai will be providing daily updates on the develop... | Wii U

One Piece: Unlimited World Red to North America in July 2014

9m ago - One Piece: Unlimited World Red has been confirmed for a July 2014 release in North America. | PS3

Enter to Win a PS4 and More!

Now - We are buying one lucky N4Ger a PS4 just for commenting on any N4G story! | Promoted post

Beyond Earth: The Alpha Centauri Connection

27m ago - Back in 1999, Greg Foertsch, Jerome Atherholt, and Mike Bazzell were all artists working on Sid M... | PC