Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by Queasy 1993d ago | news

First official image of Kinect for the Xbox 360

The Kinect news from Microsoft's pre-E3 conference keeps streaming in fast and furious. The latest is the first official image of what the formerly named Project Natal looks like. (Kinect, Project Natal, Xbox 360)

Credit url:
Alternative Sources
lomion5  +   1993d ago
Echo307  +   1993d ago
I haven't seen anything out of this that interests me, but the actual design of the camera is pretty slick looking.
captain-obvious  +   1993d ago
is it me or they are trying to go after the old PS3 style ??
i mean its kinda rounded edges and shiny black touch
#1.1.1 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(7) | Report
lomion5  +   1993d ago
It does kinda look like it would go better with the original glossy black PS3 rather than the 360. I guess we'll just have to wait for the confirmed 360 redesign and see...

Kotaku recently posted some images and it's actually a lot deeper than I thought.
#1.1.2 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(2) | Report
Droid Smasha  +   1993d ago
looks sleek and high tech
OneSneakyMofo  +   1993d ago
See, the problem with this, the Wii, and the Move is the giant bar you have to place in front or on top of your tv. Where do I put the Wii sensor bar once the Move camera comes into play? This thing looks HUGE. I'd have to buy a new TV stand just to fit that someplace.
Dom6390  +   1993d ago
HHmm 3 Lenses? wow that's a bit excessive for the functionality i've seen so far
Arnon  +   1993d ago
Very shiny. Looks a lot better than the white one that was originally shown off when it was first unveiled.
talltony  +   1993d ago
You guys see this yet? lol
#1.3 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
OneSneakyMofo  +   1993d ago
I've seen that public television commercial, and it gave me chills. Now it's just hilarious, LOL.

For those confused, that commercial is for a seatbelt awareness commercial that aired on PBS I think. The guy just threw Kinect on the end to make it funny.
#1.3.1 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report
Christopher  +   1993d ago
It looks sleek, which is good. Of course, the 360 isn't a bad looking piece of hardware, just one that hasn't had the best of histories. I wonder the purpose of the version with the tilt mechanism, but more will be revealed over the next few months.

@talltony: Is that for real? If so, I'm very confused... Kinect, practice safe virtual driving or your house may be covered in glitter? I'm thinking that's a fake commercial someone made. Correction, I'm hoping that's a fake commercial someone made.
#1.4 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
talltony  +   1993d ago
Not sure got it off youtube
regardless its pretty funny
Moonboots  +   1993d ago
The commercial is a parody of a seat belt public safety ad and I believe it is fan made with Natal edited in at the end.

Related video
#1.4.2 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report
Christopher  +   1993d ago
Thank heaven that isn't real. Thanks Moonboots. Bubs!
Imperator  +   1993d ago
Looks alright. Hopefully there's a white version as well.
niceguywii60  +   1993d ago
"Looks alright"
Sexiest Camera in the console market(and even PC's?). Matches high end piano black bezels on modern HDTVs nicely plus the design is artsy. Perfect for always being very near the HDTV panel.

I could actually put this on top or on the base of my Samsung(thanks god I just got a new 2010 650 series with the flat Base)
#3 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(19) | Report | Reply
SDF Repellent  +   1993d ago
I don't think there will be a white version..
The rumored and supposed leaked of the New X360 Slim is Black.
zoks310  +   1993d ago
Looks like Wall E's head.

Related image(s)
RememberThe357  +   1993d ago
Looks nice.
AyeKay47  +   1993d ago
looks pretty good.
ElDorado  +   1993d ago
That thing
is named really ugly. Don't call me a fanboy, cause i have both a Ps3 and a Xbox 360. I mean Kinect sounds even more worse than Move. I hope this motion-thing doesn't screw everything. I love gaming with my Dualshock 3 and also love it with my Xbox 360 controller.
Arnon  +   1993d ago
I agree with the second part of your comment. I don't really mind the name, as it's a fusion between Kinetic (movement) and connect (joining). But I am going to prefer my original controllers over these. Only reason why I'd buy Kinect would be for simple features within games, such as interaction between characters and leaning over cover and such.
Imperator  +   1993d ago
I think it sound a lot better than Natal. The Xbox 360 Kinect. It sounds pretty good imo.
lomion5  +   1993d ago
Sounds like K'nex to me. I miss K'nex.
OneSneakyMofo  +   1993d ago
Kinex owned, but Legos are still a beast.
basicsameh514  +   1993d ago
O_O its shiny its like they oiled it up before they took the picture.. i can imagine greenburg doing it since he cant fit in anywhere..
#9 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
xtremexx  +   1993d ago
Kingscorpion1981  +   1993d ago
This is a joke! I am not impress!
Bellcross  +   1993d ago
it looks ok I guess.
polow got sol  +   1993d ago
Perfect first day buy i love it
necksnappa   1993d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
TheAwesomessMan  +   1993d ago
It looks nice. One thing I like about Microsoft is their style. Look at the PS3 compared to the 360. Which one makes you wanna say "OOOH NICE"? (In terms of style not specs)
#15 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
necksnappa  +   1993d ago
xbox looks like crap, i think you must be blind, the phat ps3 was very shiny and nice. the new one isnt, because it got scratched the crap out of.
TheAwesomessMan  +   1993d ago
Oh you like 'shiny things'
tiamat5  +   1993d ago
red light flashs on camera. shuts down.Microsoft says 'Not again.... I mean it supposed to do that. (laugh nervously). lol. And TheAwesomessMan the black,sexy, sleek shink PS3 of course as opposed to the pale,pasty, ugly coloured Xbox 360.
#16 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
1PC2PS33360   1993d ago | Trolling | show | Replies(1)
AbyssGravelord  +   1993d ago
Big brother is keeping an eye or three on you!
#18 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Myst  +   1993d ago
It sure looks nice, and if by some chance I Do get it I'm really going to hate finger print smudges on it. Just like I hated them on my big PS3, probably get over it after a while but still...
Memo-Xen x3100  +   1993d ago
The design is slick.
Thudd  +   1993d ago
The new name really sucks....
nuff said.
SDF Repellent  +   1993d ago
the same with the Wii
Everyone was bashing the Wii name when it was first announced...Kinect is going for the Wii (out of the Blue) name factor.
#21.1 (Edited 1993d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
ElementX  +   1993d ago
You can say the same about Sony Qore.

This Black Friday, The Wii U, Xbox One And PS4 Are The Past, Present And Future

11m ago - Today on Black Friday, shoppers will have a pretty significant choice on their hands when figurin... | PS4

Fallout 4 review: radioactive fun | Gearburn

11m ago - Wiehahn Diederichs, Gearburn writes: "As it stands at this very moment, I have put the best part... | PC

HotLiked - What the Internet is talking about right now

Now - Kill some time at You will regret it... | Promoted post

Wait Extended review: suspenseful Lovecraftian storytelling | Gearburn

12m ago - Wiehahn Diederichs, Gearburn writes: "Earlier this year I had the opportunity to play an Early Ac... | PC

How Would These 7 Gaming Characters Handle Black Friday?

36m ago - What would gaming's greatest heroes get from the hottest shopping day of the year? | PC

Fallout 4 Dogmeat cosplay was only a matter of time

37m ago - Games Radar: We've already had Fallout 4 cat cosplay so it was about time that our canine comp... | PC