Here are 10 things you may or may not know about Lost Odyssey
10. The main character has a back story of over 1000 years. This will be unveiled via 2 methods. Cut scenes and...
9. Mini Stories Each section in the character's back story is an unlockable and optional playable mini RPG or Interactive Story.
8. The cut scenes are done in-engine.
7. The player can have a party size of up to 5 characters out of a total of 9 possible.
6. Even though the game is turn based, there is a real time element added to create tension in the battles. This involves a timing mini game of sorts.
5. Certain battles may involve using the environment to your advantage.
4. Around 40-50 hours of gameplay.
3. The game is going to be localized into 9 different languages. English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, simplified Chinese, Italian, Spanish, French and German.
2. The main character isn't always part of the game. At least, this was evident by the cut scene that was on display.
1. The game is powered by Unreal 3 Engine and features a few different things for a traditional Japanese RPG. For instance, you are able to look around, and zoom in on different objects while walking through the game world. This is quite different than the usual fixed perspective of traditional JRPGs.
Hit the jump for audio version of the closed door demo.