Brett Walton: "With NPD set to release their monthly data for January 2010 on Thursday, we present a summary of VGChartz data for the same period for as a preview and for comparison.
* Total revenue down 8% year on year
* 19 games sold over 100,000 units
* 2 million units of hardware was sold totalling $0.4b in revenue
* Over 20 million units of software were sold totalling $0.65b in revenue
* Mass Effect 2 sold nearly 700,000 units on Xbox 360
* New Super Mario Bros. Wii sold over 550,000 units on Wii
* New Super Mario Bros. Wii is only 1 million units behind Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox 360"