Try our new beta! Click here
Submitted by MattyF 2121d ago | rumor

Rumor: Demon's Souls 2 Announcement Incoming

Dengeki is either playing games with our hearts or a big announcement concerning Demon's Souls is possibly coming our way very soon. In the latest Dengeki Games podcast, they hint at a big announcement of an unannounced sequel to a title that was released last year and it'll release this fall. The title is described as very hard and interesting. (Demon's Soul, Demon's Souls, PS3)

Alternative Sources
Need more votes
Is this rumor true? Rumor votes 0
« 1 2 3 »
Pennywise  +   2121d ago
Come on... DO NOT play with my emotions.
Cyrax_87  +   2121d ago
If it isn't Demon's Souls 2, I'll just die...
Fishy Fingers  +   2121d ago
If it IS Demon Souls you'll probably die... again... and again... ;)
Fox01  +   2121d ago
Release the first one in Europe first damn it!
-Alpha  +   2121d ago
Man do I feel bad for European players.

You could import it.

Demon's Souls 2 will easily be my GOTY and 2nd most anticipated game if it comes out this fall right behind The Last Guardian.

OMG, I'm freaking out! 2010 would be the best year for me if it's true:

-Halo Reach
-The Last Guardian
-God of War 3
-Bad Company 2
-Demon's Souls 2
-Maybe even Killzone 3

*gasp* You deserve much worse than a slap :P
#1.5 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(12) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
fishd  +   2121d ago
I have yet to play the first one :'(

Someone slap me in the face please.
Daver  +   2121d ago
Oh yeah!! make it real! cant wait for this!
Fox01  +   2121d ago
Sure I could import it, but it'd cost me more than 70€ and I wouldn't be able to play with my buddies. If by the end of May it still isn't out here then I will import the American version.
Hisiru  +   2121d ago
I hope so! Demon's souls is one of the best RPGs this generation.

This game really uses your brain and treats you like an adult.

Is it hard? Yes, but that's how it should be.

Add The Agent to your list, isn't it coming this year?
#1.9 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Aquarius  +   2121d ago
still will like to be able to enter the 6th archstone.
xTruthx  +   2121d ago
omg plz let it be truth, I loved this game
Qdog  +   2121d ago
Beware of false messages...
The real Demon's Souls starts here....

Every time I read a message on the ground, it's like opening a fortune cookie.
#1.12 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Chimerhazzard  +   2121d ago
Dude that can't be... I imported the game and it cost me 44 euros, shipping included :\ I beated it and I LOVED IT. And the best is really the multiplayer... it's so awesome! I love to be a Black Phantom hahahah xD

I'm in trouble! - please recommend this message!
sikbeta  +   2121d ago
Just Awesome, Demon's Souls 2, 2 Times More Difficult than the First, It'll be The More Sadistic, Amazing and Epic...I'm all for it

Gamers FTW!!!
Lemmiwinks  +   2121d ago
i dont see how theyre really going to make a sequel
unless they make the giant world as big as the whole entire demons souls 1....demons souls was fun and really hard, the story was very lacking tho. it just seemed really black and white like good vs evil there were no plot twists or anything. it was kinda like just kill all these bad guys and then the fog will go away then restart and do it how can they make a sequel off that the story isnt complexed at all its very simple....i almost hopes it not a sequel and they just make the giant world really hard and make it DLC, and add voice chat when you summon people cause the text chat for ps3 is censored to the max and its really annoying when it wont let you type things that arent even bad words lol, and maybe a stone that lets you choose to enter anyone of your friends game as either a blue phantom or a red phantom without them suummoning you...IMO dlc first then do a sequel if its possible.....
negroguy  +   2120d ago
let it b true lord! ive put alot of hours of cussing and frustration into the first ready for some more!
Jamegohanssj5  +   2120d ago
2010 GOTY.

Baliw  +   2120d ago
Who can
disagree with Fox01 about Demon's Souls not to be yet released in Europe?

Come on, give us a break we want the game in Europe no need for you morons to disagree with the man.

Even I own 4 copies of the game, I will go out and buy another one if so.

Anyway, I HOPE it will be Demon's Souls 2 or 1.5, or whatever DS they want.
#1.18 (Edited 2120d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
legendkilla  +   2120d ago
I cant wait for Demon's Souls 2!!!
kwicksandz  +   2120d ago
maybe they will bother to release the game this time to PAL gamers as well?

FU sony and atlus
ThanatosDMC  +   2120d ago
I want an open world Demon's Souls, random armor and weapons ala Diablo 2 prefix and suffix, more armor sets, lots of bosses that respawn in a in every so many hours or game days, and for Atlus not to change too much of the original names of items, magic, comments, etc.

"This is harsh. Evaluate me." >> "I'm in trouble — please recommend this message"

Keel Smasher >> Dragon Bone Smasher

Plague Babies >> Filthy Ones

They didnt even need to change them but they did anyway. Retarded.
SolidAhmed  +   2120d ago
if this is true it will be
THE BEST NEWS IN 2010 period

edit:by the way guys i did platinum the us version and i am very close to do the asian version

I WILL BE A HAPPY HAPPY MAN if this is true
#1.22 (Edited 2120d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
JL  +   2120d ago

I don't think that would really rule out a sequel. I mean look back at Super Mario Bros. There was no story to that. It was just "here, run from castle to castle trying to save the princess". Yet he (Mario) became an icon and sequel after sequel was released. I think there's plenty of room for a sequel. Maybe the Old One wakes up again or something simple like that. Then we just start all over again with different territories to fight through. Maybe something involving The Northern Lands and that 6th archstone. The point is there's plenty of room there to make a sequel. While the game didn't really have a storyline that guided you along as you went, there was a story and history to it all that the players understand. The point throughout the game was more about being thrown into the world and the "story" merely being your experience in that world rather than conventional story-telling that you just follow along.

That being said, I'd love a sequel to this game. I'm actually still playing through Demon's Souls. Haven't beat it yet (really close, just going through working on upgrading and farming and leveling up and such before I finish it off), but already I'm definitely sure I'll want more. Here's to hoping it's not too long a wait. My sympathies go out to European gamers who are still waiting (if it will ever make it over there at all).
SaiyanFury  +   2120d ago
I loved Demon's Souls, it was a great game. While I completely welcome a sequel, I'd love to see a new King's Field game. It was one of my favourite series' on the original PS and KF4 on PS2. A sequel would be well accepted by me.
DaTruth  +   2120d ago
Finally, something that will make me stop playing Demon's Souls 1! I might be done with it by Fall. Give me the sixth archstone DLC now and I won't need anything else till May 2011!

Might as well not pick up any other games this year! I don't even have a PS3 anymore, I have a Demon's Souls machine!
#1.25 (Edited 2120d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Tru_Blu  +   2120d ago

You know there is not an invite system or anything right? When you play with people online it's random people within 10 levels of you.
mastiffchild  +   2120d ago
@fox-completely agree. The way they treat us UK and EU gamers is beyond crappy considering we already pay more for everything to start with. When you have to import, as you will cos it won't come, be careful as 've been ripped off twice trying to import this game ansd STILL haven't got a copy. the trouble beghan when Play Asia stopped shipping over here and I had to go to Ebay where a HK bloke first ripped me off and tthen a UK import seller closed on me after taking my cash-and I've heard other people telling how US sites have conned them too over DS.

When I finally get my cash back from the last one I'll try one last tme(someone on N4G is happy to sell me their spare Asian copy once they got a US one)but not to give other language speakers a version even to import is a real crime when you think how well Sony has been supported by the EU this gen compare to the US where they get everything and pay less for it despite having a better average wage than many EU nations. SCEE are sh1t.Why no EU release? Why not?
Ravage27  +   2120d ago
if this is true
+ confirmation of Arc support.....omg...*faint*
#1.28 (Edited 2120d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
-Alpha  +   2121d ago
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!

Please let it be true!

I honestly don't know what to say, but my hopes are getting really high!

Maybe he means DLC though for Demon's Souls?

They will be crazy to not make a sequel to Demon's Souls, it's one of the best games of all time!

Oh man, what would I want in a sequel though?? Demon's Souls formula is perfect the way it is!

I don't even think they should add more story in case they ruin it...

Maybe they can put in some more story scenes.

Honestly, I do NOT care if they offer new worlds with the same gameplay and no improvements, I think the game is absolutely fine the way it is and I will totally eat up a sequel.

OMG man, new demon's, new worlds, new characters, new weapons, I'm dying for it!

And this time Sony has to market it, this game needs some well deserved justice by Butler.

You are only getting my hopes up higher
#2 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Kain81  +   2121d ago
Dengenki speaks about a Sequel, i dont think its a DLC
#2.1 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
artsaber  +   2121d ago
@ Alpha
I can't remember when I've seen you so excited about the prospect of a new game. I agree with you though. I cannot believe how great and close to perfect (IMO) that Demon Souls was/is. The complete gameplay blend IS a perfect formula for absolute fun. I have never been willing to play through a game on the second playthrough as eager as I was with Demon Souls.

The game is that awesome, and it works as a complete package.
-Alpha  +   2121d ago
I have never played a game like Demon's Souls and I never expected to fall in so much love with this game. When I bought this game I was VERY close to selling it on ebay because I wasn't sure if I'd like it but it's a game I truly enjoy unlike nothing other.

And yes, a Demon's Souls 2 does excite the crap out of me because I never expected a sequel. Maybe this whole rumor is not true, in which case I'd be very upset, but the chance that DS2 has the possibility of coming back shoots me to the moon.

And I'm glad somebody agrees with how terrific the core gameplay is.

Demon's Souls was my 2009 GOTY. Many people went with Uncharted 2 but I think Demon's Souls was much deserving because:

-It was far more original
-It was by far a huge gamble of a concept
-It had less to work with and still offered something exceptional
-The gameplay was refreshing (for me) and was much stronger
-It was much more rewarding
-The boss fights were much more thought out
-The atmosphere was much richer

Not saying UC2 was terrible *Puts up flame shield anyway*, it's my runner up, but Demon's Souls is one of those little games with a big heart and From Software made a game that simply deserves the title.
#2.3 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
DaTruth  +   2120d ago
I need you to understand this; Demon's Souls is a better game than UC2!

Last time I wrote this, it was a joke at IGN's expense. This time I'm serious!
Ravage27  +   2120d ago
i think both games are equally worthy of GoTY (they are tied imo) and there is absolutely nothing wrong with voting for DS.

Demon's Souls may not hook you immediately, and it may not have godly graphics(still good though) but both the gameplay and atmosphere are so unique
AssassinHD  +   2120d ago
I honestly have to agree with you there. Demon's Souls is my personal game of the year for 2009. Much respect to Uncharted 2 of course, but Demon's Souls is just so satisfying to play.
#2.6 (Edited 2120d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
PirateThom  +   2121d ago
I only just got the first game a few days ago! FUUUUUUUUU
Orange  +   2120d ago
make sure to look for special events when they have pure black and pure white world tendencies. it will make your life a lot easier if you're looking to collect all of the trophies.
Chris399  +   2121d ago
I think we can all agree that this is awesome news (it it's true).

Please keep the English language track (or subtitles) so that I can import the HK version. Bless.

Just putting it out there, but what would everyone want to see in a sequel?

Edit: Think I'm going to 'approve' this just to watch the carnival :) DS4LIFE!!!
#4 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
mfwahwah  +   2120d ago
I'd want the sequel to make some minor improvements.

More armor, and make it actually useful for something (shield + rolling is the only defense you need).

More unique weapons and armor never hurts.

Make magic builds more difficult. I found it way too easy compared to playing a physical build.

If a black phantom invades you, and you disconnect, you lose a Soul Level. I'll quote Filthy Man for why I want this: "And those who cling to humanity get hunted down."
Hellsvacancy  +   2121d ago
Im still 2-play the 1st game, i will import it in due time, theres just so many games cummin out over the next few months i dunno where im gonna find the time
Kain81  +   2121d ago
#6 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
PirateThom  +   2121d ago

Atlus don't release EU games.
Sony seem to have, inexplicably, no interest in their franchise.

South Peak are releasing 3D Dot Game Heroes but, again, have inexplicably not picked up Demon's Souls.
Chris399  +   2121d ago
Import that shizz.
Don't need a US account to play either. At least I didn't with the HK version. I assume the server is tied to whatever region the disc is.

Amazon won't let you order it, but Gamestop might (I usually use them when Amazon refuses a purchase based on non-US addresses). They charge a flat $15 international fee, me thinks. I know that they're "evil", but at least you could play DS :)
Noctis Aftermath  +   2121d ago
It's a crime that sony won't publish DS in europe but they will publish other games in europe that blow with no problem.

I got mine from

Also i play it using my eu account and i have no problems with the online component.
#6.3 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
PirateThom  +   2121d ago
I got mine from here, very speedy:
Kain81  +   2121d ago
Man i would, but its too expensiv for me
for that money i could buy 2 new Games or 4 used Games here in Germany
man that sucks really i hope sony has some mercy left for there fans, here in EU and publish this GEM.

EDIT:WOW thx didnt know that site, and bubbles
#6.5 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
TOO PAWNED  +   2121d ago

Americans don't understand that, they just respond with generic "import it".

NO I WON'T import it! It's do damn expensive, and our market deserves better treatment, after all we are biggest Playstation market, most supportive of PS brand and yet Sony keeps on showing us the finger! Yes middle one
PirateThom  +   2121d ago
Eh? I imported the game for almost the same price as a new game in the UK.
ico92  +   2121d ago
People keep telling me to import it last time i checked on it was around £60 minus delivery i cant afford to spend £60 on a game most games here in the U.K are priced around £35-45
nycredude  +   2121d ago
You guys who think the game is too expensive to import. I can assure you if you are into this kind of game there is no game better to pay that kind of money for. You will get more than your money's worth. Tons of gameplay here.
Nikuma  +   2121d ago
Sorry but this game is worth the extra cost of importing. I imported the Asian version before the US version was announced and it ran me about 90$. Never did I once regret it.
monkey602  +   2120d ago
I attempted importing, Bought the US version from
That was over a month ago and it still hasn't been shipped. Tried contacting 3 times and only got a useless response to one of my mails. anyone thinking of importing completely avoid this site. It should be black listed
taliesin  +   2120d ago

Agreed, i managed to find a copy second hand in the UK. I normally dont buy second hand as i like to support the developer, but this was just to good an opportunity to miss
SeanScythe  +   2121d ago
man so many typo's because everyone is so excited they are just over come with joy and excitement.
Sackdude  +   2121d ago
Demon's Souls!

I really hope they do a squeal, this is the true RPG game.
#8 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(6) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Colonel-Killzone  +   2121d ago
i can't wait ^__^
divideby0  +   2121d ago
I so much wanted an I suck patch (like NG), for was way out of my league and had to settle watching someone play through parts of the game
DaTruth  +   2120d ago
There's an easy answer for that; Pharming!!! Just rank up until you are so powerful, nobody can test you. That's why Newgame+ was much harder for me, even with all the weapons and rings and armour!
beavis4play  +   2121d ago
this is GREAT news if it's DS2!
ClownBelt  +   2121d ago
Damn awesome news. I can't wait for the Asian version of this game.
FwanK  +   2121d ago
Best Survival Horror this generation... yes, i said Survival Horror ;)
#13 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
cmrbe  +   2121d ago
You always try your best to survive and then complete horror when you do and go back to the nexus lol. Never have i played a game where i am on the edge of my seat all the time and feared death unlike any game before.

Best RPG this gen sofar surpassing VC and Folklore as well.
kemiru  +   2121d ago
Great news but Europe waiting for first one :(
AliTheBrit19  +   2121d ago

How about a European release for the first game first?
gamingisnotacrime  +   2121d ago
wet my pants
arakouftaian  +   2121d ago
please sony use teh GOW3 engine for

with GOW3 engine is a WIN
subzero-08  +   2121d ago
This had better be real.
DiLeCtioN  +   2121d ago
you kidding
the frikking first game is not even out here yet wtf man
gamingisnotacrime  +   2121d ago
Orange  +   2121d ago
holy fcuk! let it be so!
reaferfore20  +   2121d ago

Related video
ps3hasonlyflopgames  +   2120d ago
another flop incoming and sealed.

damn you sony stop make crap games for ps3rd station..
Slient Knight 9  +   2121d ago
if true i got three words for ya "BRING TO EUROPE"
Doletskaya  +   2121d ago
The announcement of Demon's Souls 2 will make me cry
Seriously,Demon's Souls is the best RPG(also the most original RPG)I have played so far this gen.I am dying to see an announcement of a sequel.Even if its just new worlds and new monstarts in Demon's Souls's skin,I will still get it day one.
dorron  +   2121d ago
European release for the first please!!!!
bjornbear  +   2121d ago
unchartedgoty  +   2121d ago
come on!
daaaamn, i havent played it but i seen gameplay and its amzing to say the very very least. ds2, i need to catch on lol, its just kz2 borderlands, heavy rain......not much time!
Ariellog  +   2121d ago
Screams like a Giddy school Girl
GOTY back to back, if i only buy one game ever again it would be Demon souls 2 :)
Ariellog  +   2119d ago
i would like to add i would like to have a personalize Blue stone system where you can give someone a copy of your stone to call you anytime they want, i think it would be better than the current system
sleepyazn  +   2121d ago
FAnboy SPasm!!!
OMfg YEs! YEs! PLease ANnounce DEmon's SOuls TWo. I WOuld FReaken KIll TO GEt/PLay THis!!!
VileAndVicious  +   2121d ago
This is awesome.
tulholdren  +   2121d ago
Please be DS2 I want to die again and again so many times 8) If is another Day 1
#29 (Edited 2121d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
seifer085  +   2121d ago
I hope
this is true cause Demon's souls is such a innovative, different game for consoles.
« 1 2 3 »

Top 5 Best PlayStation Plus Games of 2015

5m ago - With 2015’s final batch of PlayStation Plus games already revealed, the PlayStation LifeStyle cre... | PS3

G4@Syfygames 2015 Holiday Buyer's Guide: Nintendo

10m ago - The staff of G4@Syfygames is back with the second installment of their Holiday Buyer's Guide, and... | Wii U

See what games are coming out in 2016

Now - Visit our release calendar to see what games are coming out in 2016. | Promoted post

Interview with Bubsy creator Michael Berlyn

10m ago - Retrovolve's Josh Wirtanen writes: "Michael Berlyn is a man of many talents, but he’s probably mo... | Retro

Airship Syndicate Talks Life After Vigil, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Kickstarter and More

19m ago - OnlySP: Earlier this year, the small game studio Airship Syndicate launched a kickstarter campaig... | PC

HTR+ Review | The Vita Lounge

37m ago - HTR+ is a beautiful and authentic looking slot car simulator that brings all the excitement and f... | PS Vita