Exoptron Limited has announced that they will begin releasing titles exclusively for Blu-ray...
More and more blu-ray supporters as the days go by. Looks like blockbuster may have started a wildfire.
I mean... I LOVE Exoptron Limited !!!
Remember back when they made that thing... It was uh...
Friggin awesome! Good ol'Exoptron Limited. Yep, we're getting all the household names to support Blu Ray now.
this is getting a little ridiculous I mean Exoptron??
Who da heck is Exoptron. Are they trying to get a name off of Blu-Ray hype?
lol, i agree with you there.
Thats what I was thinking, well I know who they are now lol.
i was thinking the same thing. but documentaries can look very very nice... haha (bbc's world one?)
It don't matter Who they are its still exclusive Blu-ray how small or large it is.
They deserve it for delivering poor quality laptops!
I agree, kinda. My Toshiba laptop is CRAP. It started to fall apart after only one year. At least the Dell I had lasted 2 years before it started to break.
"this is getting a little ridiculous I mean Exoptron??
Who da heck is Exoptron. Are they trying to get a name off of Blu-Ray hype?"
Yea, actually. Thats how things get started. Build a rep. You cant go wrong with starting with Blu-ray. Helps out both companies.
Wow, Move by Blockbuster really did have a big and fast impact, forcing many others to go Blu. HD-DVD's last defence: Universal.
So the companies that were on hold, waiting for a winner, are choosing Bluray?
Maybe this is the day that will be remembered as a day of victory for BD.
lol so many Blu-Ray news today
this is insult to all hddvd owners..lol..but oh well go blue ray!!
like I said in the other thread.
all 360 fans that purchased the HD-DVD add on for $200 bucks, run & trade that stuff in, maybe you get a free game out of it!
Also I hate to be the guy at Toshiba that pushed the company towards HD-DVD, I think his job is pretty well...gone!
People that already bought the HD-DVD add on probably have some movies to go along with it. It might be an expensive purchase but, there still is a use for the machine they purchased. Not to mention all the movies that are currently out for HD-DVD can still be bought/used.
I agree that the tides are turning in favor of Blu-Ray but, that doesn't mean this is over and, it doesn't mean people who paid money for HD-DVD are totally screwed.
to Universal and MS:
Forfiet the game , before sombody else takes u out of the frame, put your name to shame,cover up your face,u cant run the race,the pace too fast, U JUST WONT LAST ( points of authority from LP)
At first, I was like...is this dude just copyin' LP??? Then, I kept reading. Good comment bro!
Bubbles for you!
Today is B-DAY!!!!!! Talk about a chain effect started by Blockbuster.
to be honest, i just want this thing over with already. I'm sick and tired of seeing people in a state of confusion. I mean the technology is just sitting on the shelves and this stupid "war" is too much for the consumer. Although i have to say that the competition did help lower the prices and ultimately making this a sweeter deal for us all...
I know that paragraph just contradicted the hell out of itself..... but i'm just glad the world is going from blue to blu.
if this keeps on going....people will call BlockBuster - Blue-Ray VIP.....god that sounds awful....
kick in the balls
wow, bill gates didn't reply yet? he must be tired of all the good news lol
today is BluDay!
What on earth does this have to do with games?
All these people knockin' HD-DVD and the MS add on. I have an add on and I love it. Great purchase for $200 and even if Blu-Ray does take the next gen DVD war, it'll still be worth the money for me. Currently I play all my DVD's (HD or not) through my add on, and spare the 360 drive for games only. I also have my Blu-Ray player, I mean PS3, which is great and am currently only buying Blu-Ray discs, cause I notice the obvious trend. (And I literally only use my PS3 to play Blu-Ray movies)
That being said, the war is not over and it hasn't even started, IMO. PS3 is the only reason that there are more Blu-Ray players and discs being sold, without the PS3 HD-DVD would be pwning Blu-Ray, FACT! But that's not the situation and since the PS3 is on the market Blu-Ray will dominate for a while, but I'm telling you that NOTHING will be decided for another couple of years.
The only definite conclusion with the future of movies/entertainment is that it will one day ALL be done through digital distribution.
Wow all these ifs. Oh man, if only the Wii wasn't cheap, if only the PS3 wasn't $600, if the 360 didn't have a year head-start, all unfortunately happen to be not the case.
HD-DVD lost. Deal with it. Get over it.
"The only definite conclusion with the future of movies/entertainment is that it will one day ALL be done through digital distribution."
As for digital distribution, I seriously doubt formats will be going anywhere until worldwide internet speeds resemble the Asian market.
Yeap let me buy it online and then just burn it to a disc..and I'm done.
format wars tend to last a long time...some never end they just coexist.
most have went with dual format players.
DVD plus and minus R....SACD and DVD audio.
Find one "if" in my post? Dare Ya.
well maybe yes.you probally have laser disc too.
but the thing is,this should have never gone this far.and toshiba should have negotiated with the bluray group.but now we get to laugh.
scrivener metioned this before ps3 even launched.the war between bluray and hd-dvd was over before it started.people just didn't listen or didn't know it.check it:
TO PUT AN END TO THIS, THE GUY WAS RIGHT
An insider of neogaf confirmed almost everything that the "prophet" posted, except the 200 psp titles that are coming out between now and christmas.
Keep in mind that since he is fanboy, he blow out of proportion a couple of things.
Hey guys I have a list of stuff that still needs to be proven.
1. Said the launch title lineup was 30 games, but at the moment it's 15. But he said it's changing all the time.
2. Says that Heavenly Sword has been given a nice upgrade in the graphics and that it now has a "God of War type violence" upgrade. So this game will be more violent a.k.a. Gaffe's vision. You know how violent that game was.
3. Says Killzone 2 is Sony's big secret weapon. KZ2 announcements will be made around the launch of the PS3. And that it does look like the video from E3 2K5.
4. LAIR won't be out until Summer 2007 at the earilest. Battles are more RTS like where you influence tides of battles.
5. Oblivion will come out on the PS3 with high-res textures due to the Blu-ray disc and the PC will get a special update.
6. 95% of PS3 games will be on BDs, while EA is the company out of everybody that might not be using them for the time being. This is due to them making games for the lowest common denominator.
7. He has played LAIR and said that the motion tech is used in a big way. Says that not having to use the sticks to fly the dragon frees up the sticks for "other" things, that we will find out soon.
8. NA will get 700,000 of the first 2 million units for the first shipment, then an extra 700,000 will be shipped again to NA before Christmas (1.4 million total) while the other parts of the world gets the remaining 2.6 million split between them.
- The plan for the PSP is that you will be able to see what's playing on your PS3, by viewing it on the PSP. Think location free. This feature will probably not make launch, but will come later.
9. 200 new PSP games shipped between now and Christmas.
10. You know about the disaster that was UMD movies? Well there’s a reason for that. Usually Sony works with companies who license their products and lay down certain ground rules (pricing, features, etc). With UMD, they had a hands-off approach and movie studios just started releasing every piece of **** movie in their vault, without special features, at highly inflated prices. Sony is not happy about this at all and is going to try to jump start the UMD movie scene again (could take up to a year) by requiring that releases meet certain guidelines. Guidelines may include an MSRP limit of $15 and that UMDs include all the special features of their DVD equivalents. It’s possible that it may be too late to save, but Sony has a lot of muscle and the PSPs multimedia features are its biggest selling points… especially considering the target consumer is a male between the ages of 21 and 40.
he also mentioned bluray would dominate.and it is.but he recently got cut in the marketing layoffs at sony.but he said this stuff way back before ps3 even being on the market.
so we're laughing.trade those add-ons boys.
and elite gamer-top gamer-real deal-sony4u,yeah,we're laughing at you too now that you have a bluray playing ps3.ya 360 fanboy.
just google scrivener
Sony must have a list of companies they want to be exclusive with.
Exoptron Limited- check
Yo Momma!!!!- check
Don't they own Vivid Pictures & Cumshot studios? :)
I have buried my HDDVD in the garden so that future generations can enjoy it after meteors hit the Earth and wipe out life.
This new civilization (after leaving the trees again) can use it after Electricity and flat-screen HDTV's have been rediscovered again.
I have left a warning note next to the player warning them "not to invent Blockbuster Video"
i haven't seen a single news about studios joining HDDVD.
Nice to see another studio supporting BluRay.
PS: more Bluray news! keep 'em comin'!
The world is going Blu.
N4G is a community of gamers posting and discussing the latest game news. It’s part of NewsBoiler, a network of social news sites covering today’s pop culture.