Submitted by nofilter 1673d ago | news

Killzone 3 Speculation: "The Internet Is Bored"

Rumours surfaced late last week regarding Killzone 3 regarding news coming next month, however TheSixthAxis has been told otherwise. (Killzone 3, PS3)

N4BmpS  +   1673d ago
Killzone 3 This Year? Not Likley At All.
Yeah The Internet is bored, obviously Guerrilla Games won't try to compete with Halo; at this point there is no real reason to compete with it, why rush or possibly rush a game just to compete with a more established gaming franchise? Really? Really? Come on internet. And once again I'm first this is weird, kinda scary too.
#1 (Edited 1673d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(11) | Report | Reply
Sev  +   1673d ago
I'm convinced we'll see a trailer for Killzone 3 this year, but that's it.

I like this article a lot because I agree wholeheartedly.

I have a feeling that "poster" on the PSU forums was a certain someone trying to stir the pot.
gaffyh  +   1673d ago
@sev - Yeah I expect a KZ3 trailer at E3, but release date will probably be February 2011.
Nicaragua  +   1673d ago
It dosnt compete with Halo, they are on different machines.

They only compete in fanboys imaginations pew pew
otherZinc  +   1673d ago
@Sev1512: you "wholeheartedly" agree with this article huh?
You & the CEO that would pit Killzone 3 against Halo:Reach on purpose would be fired immediately!

You must be absolutely joking. Killzone 2 couldn't beat a Halo:RTS game. What makes you think that would be a great business move to challenge Halo:Reach, a perennial FPS Money Making Destroyer?

I ask this of Guerilla Games: make Killzone 3 co-op through the campaign with those same graphics & I'll be impressed.
bjornbear  +   1673d ago
good though
i couldn't imagine KZ3 coming out this year, it would be too soon =/

KZ2 still looks good and it will be able to keep me satisfied very well into 2011 =D

still KZ3 trailer this year would be fantastic =D
frankymv  +   1673d ago
Hey Sev1512:
Where's Hardware 2?
colonel179  +   1673d ago
Why would guerilla (or Sony) want to release Killzone 3 this year? The last one came out just last year, is not like it is L4D. Come on, is common sense. Every Sony franchise has had at least two year interval, why would they pull a "valve" and release it less than 12 months later.

The same goes for Infamous 2, we all know it's coming, but definitely not this year.
dbieon12  +   1673d ago
The last game was completed and ready for distribution late 2008 (November/December) but the release was delayed until February to help other games during the Holiday season.

I'm positive after no more than a month break, Guerrilla Games was busy working on their next project.

That means that no matter the franchise, the game should be ready for release late this year November/December 2010. Perfect timing for the game to become public.
SuperM  +   1673d ago
Ehh, killzone 2 was released 11 months ago. If KZ3 comes out this november then thats almost 20 months since KZ2. Not saying its gonna happen, but its certainly not "doing a valve"
bnaked  +   1673d ago
Uncharted 2 needed 18 month! Maybe Guerilla can do it in the same time, so we can indeed expect Killzone 3 this winter..
Chubear  +   1673d ago
@1.7
I see a lot of comments like yours and I can't but feel if you guys are being disingenuous or really can't do simple counting math too good.

If KZ3 came out in Nov. 10 that would be almost 2 (TWO) years from KZ3 not one year. That's roughly 21months.

There is no reason Sony can't give their FPS fans both R3 in sep and KZ3 in nov and to the not so bright fellow saying Sony doesn't want KZ to compete with halo; it seems you have no clue that KZ2 is not on the 360 and thus will not directly be competing with each other but rather indirectly competing across the different platforms... unless you foolishly think you'll have KZ3 and R3 fans going out to get a 360 to play halo Reach.

None of these games are multiplatform so they can be released how ever Sony wants in regards to other exclusives on other consoles.
#1.11 (Edited 1673d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
beavis4play  +   1673d ago
n4pmbs, how does KZ3 and halo compete with each other?
the games are exclusive to different consoles. halo:reach and KZ3 could launch on same day......fans of each will buy what they want. same for people buying consoles. they'll buy the system that has the games which appeals to them.
#1.12 (Edited 1673d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
N4BmpS  +   1673d ago
Okay I guess people misunderstood me(understandable I am a pretty clever dude)I'll put it this way I played Killzone 2 it's my favorite shooter. Why would Guerrilla Games rush their masterpiece just to compete with Halo: Reach?(an established franchise)I don't care creating a game as good as Killzone 2 and making it better for Kz3 it's gonna need more time than a year. The Internet is bored this is a complete fabrication by fanboys and hopefuls who want Kz3 to compete with Halo. I think people got lost when I said "Halo is a more established franchise" they probably thought I was a fanboy of the 360 or something, I'm not(all I have is a PS3): and yeah I know that they'll be on different consoles but the time to produce Kz2 hasn't had time to even reload their assault rifles for a Kz3. It's simply too soon. Oh and btw the name is N4BmpS
#1.13 (Edited 1673d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
BeaArthur  +   1673d ago
The poster, claiming to be a game reviewer for “a lot of sites/blogs”...yeah that just oozes credibility.
Sangria  +   1673d ago
I am a game reviewer for a lot of site and I can tell you Quantic Dream are already working on their next title, highly likely to be a PS3 and Xbox 360 game and will contain online components (and I have proofs).
#3 (Edited 1673d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Roper316  +   1673d ago
so where is the proofs?????
Brodiesan  +   1673d ago
The fact that there are two typos/grammatical mistakes in your comment, I'm pretty sure I do not read the site you write for.

Thankfully.
Sangria  +   1673d ago
I will only give those proofs to someone trustable.
@Brodie: The fact that you are natively english-speaker directly eliminates this possibility.
Maybe Sev would be interested, I don't know.
Roper316  +   1673d ago
sorry without proof you are lying as far as I am concerned.
Sangria  +   1673d ago
Sure, just like I was lying when I predicted Heavy Rain release date months before it was announced.
Anyway, what I said in my first comment is true, and it's just a matter of investigation but nothing related to insiders. I was just being sarcastic at people's credibility when it comes to "sources".

My "sources" for my first comment is a job listing from Quantic Dream in which I'm subscribed where they hire people having Xbox 360 and PS3 experience in development and network programmers and managers. It's a matter of interpretation and investigation, and I'm pretty sure many so-called insiders like Super_Secret (the one from N4G that unveiled the content of 3.00 PS3 firmware update) are just people that investigate where other people don't.
Dev8 ing  +   1673d ago
Lots of first party developers look for people with xbox or ps3 skills. It doesn't mean they are looking to port the game it's just that it doesn't matter what platform you have worked on your skills are transferable. Programming skills are programming skills. You can always learn new ways of doing things but becoming a good programmer takes a lot of experience.

Also I think we'll see QD's game on PC before the 360 since all their other games are on PC except HR.

I can tell you that their next title is Omikron 2. I can also tell you that they will be using the same engine from heavy rain. You haven't said anything worthwhile.
#3.6 (Edited 1673d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Sangria  +   1672d ago
Next time I'd rather shut up when it comes to highlight hypocrisy, obviously N4G takes everything way too seriously to detect sarcasm u__u
Rowsdower  +   1673d ago
i love killzone 2
but where is the support, the game came out less than a year ago, and the last bit of dlc came out in july 2009. they should still be supporting killzone 2 and I hope they do.
dalibor  +   1673d ago
Don't forget that support for the controls was added also, support comes in different forms just not dlc. Like what else can they do? They already done map packs. I guess more weapons but paying for weapons is kind of crazy.
BeaArthur  +   1673d ago
Yeah, they have had plenty of map packs, what else would you want? At some point all developers have to put the past game in the rear view and start working towards the next installment.
Rowsdower  +   1673d ago
i am never satisfied i guess
still....

great game
SuperM  +   1673d ago
the more they work on DLC the longer you have to wait for the next game. i prefer new game over dlc
dalibor  +   1673d ago
Killzone 2 was a blast for me. It would be to soon to release another Killzone game on the PS3, it hasn't even been a year yet since Killzone 2 released. We got MAG for this year & perhaps Resistance 3. For the next K3 there should be more weapons, classes & who knows maybe even vehicles/mechs online for a different game mode style. There might be co-op offline/online this time around my cranium is suggesting & pondering.
TooTall19  +   1673d ago
No vehicles in mp! like you said only in a completely separate mode
#5.1 (Edited 1673d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
frankymv  +   1673d ago
A rumor about a rumor..
Nice....the internet is very bored
Dylantalon1  +   1673d ago
xbl/psn- dylantalon
killzone 3 will be the best looking game graphically when released. can you think of how much upgrade the killzone engine will be in killzone 3. ps3 is the future and the future is ps3 .
Roper316  +   1673d ago
The only things I would like for the next KZ is that your forced teammates have the same AI as the Helghast instead of them running around like idiots getting themselves killed and then yelling for you over and over to come heal them. Also online & offline coop would be a great addition.
Brodiesan  +   1673d ago
Agreed
Playing on Elite against Radec, I opted to just shoot Rico rather than constantly heal the mong.

Worked out better in the end.
mesh1  +   1673d ago
only in the dreams of droids they have nothing to play this year1 even this sony site knows they are delusional
Roper316  +   1673d ago
thats funny because I have 17 games preordered for my PS3 and not a 1 for my 360. guess your right I have nothing to play on my PS3.
EvilBlackCat  +   1673d ago
"thats funny because I have 17 games preordered for my PS3 and not a 1 for my 360. guess your right I have nothing to play on my PS3"

Maybe because you have 0 Xbox360 consoles you damn liar?

17 games? LOL! name them please i wanna know
#9.2 (Edited 1673d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
Roper316  +   1673d ago
@1.2 here is the list and if you notice I say I am getting ME2 for my 360
here is the article I posted my list in

Here are my preorders

Some don't even have a release date but with Amazon it will always be cheaper then the store & if the price goes down you still get the lower price so I figured why not. Well here is the list and they are all for my PS3.

Yakuza 3
Red Dead Redemption
Resonance of Fate
BFBC2
The Last Guardian
FF VS xIII
FF XIII
GT5
GOW3
Last Rebellion
White Knight Chronicles
Star Ocean 4 Int'l
Dead Space 2 ( the day it was announced they had a 49.00 special if you preordered it, so I did )
Bioshock 2
Dantes Inferno
Heavy Rain
Alpha Protocol

So who says PS3 owners don't buy games? I'll be getting ME2 for my 360 but have a gift card left over from Xmas I will use to get it.
scott182  +   1673d ago
dude, killzone 3 is goona be sooooo sick, I am so into the graphics and gameplay on 2, some of the visuals I like more then crysis on my p.c. (yes I know crysis is open world).
You know killzone 3 will set the bar again, I feel that alone is a cool reason to own a ps3! I may just go through KZ2 again just to feel the intensity.
Nathan Drake2  +   1673d ago
killzone was done in december 2008. so if killzone 3 come out in december 2010. that would be 2 years of development.
Morituri  +   1673d ago
Killzone 3 should leave us all gob-smacked.
Until something better comes out, the only fps that I am interested in playing has to have a "killzone" somewhere in the title. Except Killzone 1, ...that was a bad idea. Killzone "anything beyond the first one" is an excellent idea. Maybe if some game company copied the exact code from KZ and gave it another name I would probably play that , because that game would be infused with awesomeness. Yeah.
jalen247  +   1673d ago
I expect Resistance 3 to be done before Killzone 3 so unless Insomniac decides to delay Resistance 3 to 2011 to go with the movie, I don't see how Killzone 3 will release this year.
MeatAbstract  +   1673d ago
Ha, I to doubted we would see a Killzone 2 in 2010. If it does appear it'll be 2011, a nice 2 years after Killzone 2.
Immortal321  +   1673d ago
fact
Fanboys on both sides are expecting this game to be outstanding receiving 9+ in reviews and selling at least 2mill

Five Nintendo Series That Need a Pick-Me-Up

7m ago - Tim Gruver and myself look at five Nintendo series down on their luck and theorize how Nintendo c... | Nintendo DS

Metro Redux Performance Overview

16m ago - Nicolae Andrei from in2gpu.com says: "It has been a little more than a year since Metro: Last... | PC

Nebulous Launches Greenlight Campaign, Developed' With Oculus Rift in Mind'

20m ago - VRFocus - With so many horror and exploration-based virtual reality (VR) titles in development ri... | PC

KongZhong Stays Profitable Thanks to New Game Launches

20m ago - The recent launch of Guild Wars 2 and World of Warplanes have helped the Chinese publisher KongZh... | PC

Metro Redux (PS4) Review

Now - Ken returns to the Metro for this amazing remaster. | Promoted post

Archlord 2 First Major Content Update Revealed

21m ago - WEBZEN has revealed their first major content update for their upcoming blood-ridden PvP MMORPG A... | PC