Submitted by Ziriux 1911d ago | news

New Sherlock Holmes Movie Game Uses Advanced AI

New Sherlock Holmes game '221B' uses advanced AI to try and trick the players into believing they are having a conversation with real people. (221B, PC)

Carnage1290  +   1912d ago
Wow, thats pretty crazy.
zeeshan  +   1911d ago
OMG! Another movie based game! How exciting......... NOT!
A HiFi  +   1912d ago
Gonna have to give this a go and see how it reacts to speaking C0ckney.
#2 (Edited 1912d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
rogue0674  +   1912d ago
Sounds interesting, going to try it out.
Ziriux  +   1912d ago
It's great to see such detail and work put into an AI of a movie based game.
Cronus3166  +   1912d ago
I'm curious to how this will play out and what limitations there will be to the questions you are permitted to ask.
Aleusia  +   1911d ago
NO NO NO NO NO
MOVIE GAMES ARE NO GOOD
Blaze929  +   1911d ago
Wanted: Weapons of Fate says hi
thief  +   1911d ago
Riddick?
Bobbykotickrulesz  +   1911d ago
@ Blaze and thief
lol'd. Both of those games suck.
#6.3 (Edited 1911d ago ) | Agree(8) | Disagree(3) | Report | Reply
DarkTower805  +   1911d ago
There's never been a great game based on a movie, just mediocre at best. It's because the developement time for a good game takes 2-3 years at least. With movie games they have to shorten the production time to around 1 year, so the game ALWAYS suffers in some way.

From way back to E.T. on the Atari to Avatar on the current gen systems I can't think of 1 movie game where I can say, "Wow, that game was awesome!"
mrv321  +   1911d ago
Goldeneye.
DelbertGrady  +   1911d ago
Wanted was 4 hours of mediocre action. I'm glad Grin are no more. They were an embarrassment to swedish developers.
Hockey11  +   1911d ago
Spiderman 2.
bacon13  +   1911d ago
@mrv321

Goldeneye? The game was better than the movie.
#6.8 (Edited 1911d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Capt CHAOS  +   1911d ago
What? Eliza version 104.5?
For all of you young pups out there..

shazui123  +   1911d ago
wanted was a bad example xD
But there are some that are very good. hopefully this is one of them. The film was awesome :)
Timesplitter14  +   1911d ago
Chatbot is actually pretty old technology. It just answers very vaguely to most questions. I've tried it like 6 years ago on some random website.
#9 (Edited 1911d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ravinash  +   1911d ago
I'm sure a lot of work has gone into it over the last 6 years.
villevalorox  +   1911d ago
this is bad,I'm on it and it is dumb, the bot at bored.com is more human like.
FxckOSX  +   1911d ago
I don't accept it except for Jeremy Brett.
#11 (Edited 1911d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
ChickeyCantor  +   1911d ago
Facebook...You have to be kidding.
What made them think everyone has Facebook to unluck the game?
The arrogance.
RememberThe357  +   1911d ago
Haha
I got a facebook and I'm still not going to do it.
bdog8121  +   1911d ago
bbc has a better article
bbc has a better article/video on this

oh nevermind didnt see the link in the article but for those that dont read the articles there is the link anyways
#13 (Edited 1911d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Wolf873  +   1911d ago
Hmm, I'd rather be playing those games by Advemture Company,
but will give this a try since I am a fan of Sherlock Holmes. I haven't been to see the movie yet, 'cause of Downey of course. He doesn't strikes me as a good candidate to play Holmes, let alone being a perfect candidate. Have people here seen it? Is it any good?

Resident Evil 5 Steamworks Available Now - GFWL Save Transfer Coming Soon

36m ago - Steam has finally released a 7.2 GB patch for Resident Evil 5 which migrates the game from Micros... | PC

Stealth, Violence and Blood-Soaked Revenge in RONIN | Hardcore Gamer

41m ago - Whatever may have happened in the past, it was bad. Bad enough for revenge, in fact, and if hund... | PC

Want to Join the Releases.com Team? We are Looking for News Editors

Now - We are looking for news editors for the following categories. Games, TV Series, Movies and Tech. If you are an aspiring journalist in one of these... | Promoted post

Here's 25 minutes of Senran Kagura Estival Versus Gameplay

47m ago - Check out 25 minutes of gameplay from Senran Kagura Estival Versus on PS4 | PS4

Let's Play - Rainbow Six Vegas Part 4

1h ago - Geoff, Michael, Gavin, and Ray are on shaky ground after their last terrorist hunt. Will they lea... | Culture

GamesBeat: In Pillars of Eternity, you choose, and the world responds (review in progress)

1h ago - GamesBeat's Jason Wilson: After 44 hours, I still feel like I’ve got a great deal to learn about... | PC