Submitted by AP 2161d ago | article

The Best Xbox 360 RPGs Available Right Now

After last week's look at the Best PS3 RPGs Available Right Now, RPGSite do the same for Microsoft's console, which has seen a good number of console exclusive RPGs in its lifetime so far as well as a number of fantastic multiplatform titles.

The most interesting thing here is the ratio of Western to Japanese - opposite here to what it was on the PS3. Clearly the Xbox 360 has done a good job as establishing itself as a go-to machine for Western-made RPGs, as despite having a number of high quality Japanese titles on the machine including Tales of Vesperia, The Last Remnant and Star Ocean: The Last Hope, only one JRPG made it onto this list, muscled out by the Western competition. (Borderlands, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition, Fallout 3: Broken Steel, Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta, Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage, Fallout 3: Point Look, Fallout 3: Point Lookout, Fallout 3: The Pitt, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Xbox 360)

Cold 2000  +   2161d ago
Yeah same as my top 3

1- Lost Odyssey

2- Mass Effect

3- Fable 2
And Borderlands shouldnt be on the list at all.

By the way whats taking Mistwalker so long ?! Give it to us already !
#1 (Edited 2161d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(9) | Report | Reply
Xeoset  +   2161d ago
Aha, I think it is the same for most when it comes to the top three.

Seriously can't believe how underrated Blue Dragon is as well, I'm loving it!

Mistwalker are already working on their next Xbox 360 masterpiece. Rumour is Cry On was cancelled to merge the concept with another idea. Sounds amazing and I can't wait to see some stuff.
#1.1 (Edited 2161d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
Myst  +   2161d ago
I agree, Lost Odyssey is definitely my top favorite and Mass Effect just as well.
Saaking  +   2161d ago
I would put Fable II at number 1. But I can see how ME would get it.
Xeoset  +   2161d ago
Yeah, Saaking...like you've ever touched an Xbox ;)
-hiphopgamer-   2161d ago | Spam
Cold 2000  +   2161d ago
Looks like Saaking used all his 7 accounts to disagree LOL.
Saaking  +   2161d ago
I don't have multiple accounts. If you think I do, tell the admins to check.
Xeoset  +   2161d ago
Cold 2000
Looks like I hit a nerve.

The guy is as bad as LeonSKennedyFagface, GWAVE and GodMars and the rest.

Honestly though, take this site seriously or what? They're just toys.
#1.8 (Edited 2161d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(4) | Report | Reply
Tony P  +   2161d ago
Borderlands... I find it hard to consider the game an RPG alongside more traditional examples. Perhaps it's because I see RPGs as having more depth than just the loot table. I never considered Diablo much of an RPG either.

My favorite new RPG this gen is still Mass Effect. Having finally had a chance to play Fable 2, I found I didn't like it all that much.
gaffyh  +   2160d ago
Mass Effect should be in the top 5, but it should NOT be number 1. Lost Odyssey is by far the best RPG available on 360, I'd probably put Mass Effect as number 2 in the exclusive list. But overall list would probably be:

1. Lost Odyssey
2. Tales of Vesperia
3. Fallout 3
4. Mass Effect
indysurfn  +   2160d ago
as far as J-RPG's go the list should always start with Lost odyssey or blue dragon. They don't even has blue dragon in the list?! That game was the first game to cause the xbox360 to out sale the PS3 for a couple of weeks in Japan. How the heck does it not get listed? Sounds like the writer is out of touch of what is a JRPG. This site have a lot of Western ROG's they obviously love western RPG's to put lost odyssey as only number3 with no Blue dragon to compete with. That is all and good but please. Don't act like PS3 will have better RPG's oif you don't like these where are you going to find better ones? They are all coming to xbox360.
Cmen  +   2161d ago
Dragon Age...I know its multi platform but its a great game.
AP  +   2161d ago
Dragon Age is mentioned, but it says because the PC version is so far superior it missed the list for Xbox, which is fair comment. The game rocks but is way better on PC.
#2.1 (Edited 2161d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
juicyfruti   2161d ago | Spam
densai  +   2161d ago
last weeks ps3 list was better but what do you expect?
RockmanII7  +   2161d ago
Switch Fable 2 with Elder Scrolls
move Fallout 3 to #4 (removing boarderlands from the list)
their you go
Software_Lover  +   2161d ago
I cant believe
I never finished Lost Odyssey.
GameOn  +   2161d ago
I'm on the last disc and I haven't gone back to it. It was good, I just started playing other stuff.
ZombieNinjaPanda  +   2161d ago
Fable II was a great RPG.
KillaManiac  +   2161d ago
Single player was okay at best, but the multiplayer (online and couch coop) was COMPLETELY overhyped and garbage.
AP  +   2161d ago
The multiplayer was pretty pants, but Fable II was better experienced single-player anyway. I felt the co-op and the orbs etc ruined the experience.
Lavalamp  +   2161d ago
Put Tales of Vesperia on there right now!
RadientFlux  +   2161d ago
My List:

1. Mass Effect
2. Fallout 3
3. Tales of Vesperia
4. Fable 2
5. Risen

Though I am sure once I've played Dragon Age. I'll have to replace one of titles on my list.
DarkBlood  +   2161d ago
im a new 360 owner here and havent exactly been followign up news for a console i havent owned since now and was wondering if Lost Odyssey is a real exclusive for 360?
spektical  +   2161d ago
#10.1 (Edited 2161d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Rev Jesse Custer  +   2161d ago
As far as I know...
it's not available on any other console (ps3 or wii) and it's not on PC so I think it would be considered a "real" 360 exclusive.
SpoonyRedMage  +   2161d ago
Yup, true 360 exclusive and the only places the franchise can go are PC or DS due to being owned by MS. Great game as well.
DarkBlood  +   2161d ago
alright thanks for answering guys that helps in my selection of 360 games to get
SpoonyRedMage  +   2161d ago
Nice list, I might not put them in the same order but I'd probably list the same games.

I'd say Infinite Undiscovery is a near miss, was so close to being awesome but had some bad execution of ideas. Definitely underrated though.
AP  +   2161d ago
IU had some good ideas, but one of the best on the system? I'm not sure..
SpoonyRedMage  +   2160d ago
Oh no, I agree, it's not one of the best but it was very close to being one of the best in my opinion. There's a lot of room for improvement and I hope Tri-Ace do make a sequel because it could be brilliant.
ThaOutKast  +   2160d ago
I'm playing through Infinite Undiscovery right now it the graphics are great, story is great (only down-side is so-so VO), and the gameplay is fun for the most part. Very underrated plus it's quite cheap now, I purchased it from gamefly for 13 bucks.
frostbite06  +   2161d ago
K1W1  +   2161d ago
God I wish Microsoft would dump a truckload of cash at Lucasart's doorstep for a HD remake of the KOTOR games and then a proper third installment.

Dreams are free I suppose.

Oh and Republic Commando 2 if theres any left over.
#12.1 (Edited 2161d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
AP  +   2161d ago
I was thinking about how cool a HD remake of these games would be earlier today, actually..
Dirk Benedict  +   2161d ago
I expect all their RPGS to flow into the right, diverse lineup that defines the epitome of gaming this generation, right along side the Personal Computer; The PlayStation™3.
#13 (Edited 2161d ago ) | Agree(3) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
densai  +   2161d ago
ps3 dont need no xbot rpgs.
y0haN  +   2160d ago
Fallout 3 is the best RPG-related game I've played this generation..
GameOn  +   2160d ago
Good game but I don't get why every one raves on about it, it's Oblivion with guns.
StarCSR  +   2143d ago
1. Lost Odyssey
2. Mass Effect
3. Oblivion
4. Fable II
5. Eternal Sonata

Project CARS: Toyota TS040 LMP1 racing car teased

8m ago - Slightly Mad Studios have released two new screenshots teasing the Toyota TS040 Hybrid Le Mans Pr... | PC

Clandestine Game Update Overview Trailer

8m ago - Logic Artists released a new Clandestine video which gives an overview of the latest update for t... | PC

Top 5 Movies To See This Month

Now - The month of September has Johnny Depp portraying an enraged criminal, a group of climbers trying to make it home safely, and the return of the sur... | Promoted post

Which Toys-to-Life Game is Kinda' a Rip-Off?

9m ago - Toys-to-life games can be great, but not at $30 for a tiny level pack. | Culture

Maybe Cinematic Games Are OK After All

9m ago - For some games, it's not so bad to attempt to mimic the Hollywood formula. | Culture

Episode #508 – Fan Mail & Rock Band 4 Review (Gamertag Radio)

13m ago - Gamertag Radio writes: We’re answering listener questions and end the show with a review of Rock... | PC