A few months before it starts wreaking havoc on the Microsoft Xbox 360 and the Sony PlayStation 3,Grand Theft Auto IV details have already begun circulating throughout the gaming community. A lot is already known, but GamePro Germany has a little bit more to add. Check these out and see if any of these details ring a bell:
1. Multiple animations when breaking into cars- Rather than the usual punch-and-throw animation, Rockstar says that there will be several more realistic scenes witnessed when Niko tries to hop aboard a vehicle he intends to steal. This includes breaking the window open with an elbow shot and looking to check for potential witnesses while he hotwires a car.
2. Less unrealistic gameplay bells and whistles- Developers say that unrealistic markers and arrows will be minimized and other in-game devices will be employed to give direction to players. Do we smell GPS here?
3. Every street will have a name- Developers are still deliberating on the prospect of whether or not they should give every street a name which will be displayed onscreen when you enter it. Another issue which we already know of is still undecided: Whether or not the city will be fully accessible from the beginning or not.
4. Xbox 360 vs PS3- Dan Houser of Rockstar says that the idea is to not have any hint of bias towards any of the platforms. He says there won't be any differences between the versions for each console.
5. Downloadable extras- Rockstar reveals that there will be some freebies, but there will be some things you have to pay for too.