Guitar Hero's multiplayer modes have always left something to be desired. In past GH games, players complained of:
* Players fighting over "who gets stuck playing Bass guitar"
* Rude players hogging Star Power
* Difficulty finding opponents online
* Extreme difficulty finding a 4 player match, since Guitarists outweighed Vocalists by about 500:1
* Rude players could skip past the match score/results screen, denying other players a chance to see the results after a game
* No way to continue playing with a fun opponent on a different game mode (for instance, going from Co-op to Pro Face-Off)
Guitar Hero 5 addresses these complaints in a big way! Read on for more details.