Submitted by NewNameNow 1932d ago | article

Top 5 Upcoming Playstation 3 Exclusives

Ali writes: "Here is a list of the top five upcoming games exclusive to the Playstation 3. These are definitely true next-generation experiences." (PS3)

Update Added some honorable mentions to the list.

« 1 2 »
blitz0623  +   1932d ago
pretty good list. honestly I wouldn't be able to rank those games since they all look equally amazing to me. not to mention uncharted 2 and white knight chronicles isn't listed
#1 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(9) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
NewNameNow  +   1932d ago
I agree Uncharted 2 should have been listed but I really wanted to put the others up as I personally never played the first. Although if I had to replace one it would be Ratchet Future with Uncharted since it does look really good.
Madusha  +   1932d ago
Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 is going to be absolutely mind blowing :D
Venomish  +   1932d ago
Modnation Racers a honorable mention in ps3 top 5 exclusives
too much of a joke
Game13a13y  +   1932d ago
take out Modnation Racers then your list is good to go. come on, lets not forget the Agent, the secret exclusive from R*
BattleAxe  +   1932d ago
Exclusives I'm getting day one:

- Uncharted 2
- MAG
- God of War 3
- Quantum Theory

Multi-platform games I'm getting day one:

- Operation Flashpoint 2
- Modern Warfare 2
- BattleField: Bad Company 2
- Call of Duty Classic
SnuggleBandit  +   1932d ago
This just shows how many people don't know about uncharted 2...the mainstream folks have no idea. Never heard of it.
WildArmed  +   1932d ago
I agree for the most part.
But i wouldnt rank heavy rain up there.. since imo, its a less established franchise. (first of its kind!). i'd move up the list n put Uncharted 2 instead. n heavy rain as honorable mention
mastiffchild  +   1932d ago
Being a BIG fan of Shenmue and Farenheit/IP I HAVE to disagree. The fact Sony have allowed so much of a free reign to QD with HY is part of why I value haiving them as part of the gaming scene. No other console maker would push such a(currently) niche title like they have and it's the duty of gamers, like us, in the know to trumpet games which might point the way to successful genres of the future like this.

It's a sumptuous looking game with a different emphasis to pretty much anythuing else releasing in the near future-it's brave, different and thought provoking and those are attrinutes more games should have in this gay and age of constantly recycled sequels and tired yearly releasing franchises. When was the last time such an oblique ganme got this kind of support? Probably Shenmue-and because word never got round despite most people who tried it loving it-it nearly killed Sega off single handed. That's why we owe it to ourselves to push this esp if we want more brave, refreshing games to follow it.

End of support broadcast for under appreciated developers.
Sarcasm  +   1932d ago
Man, Kratos does look insane from that picture. One dude nobody should mess with.
Tachyon_Nova  +   1932d ago
If it was up to me, I'd have to do a top 12 list.
1: Gran Turismo 5
2: Agent - Not much is known, but seeing who its being made by...
3: Ratchet and Clank: ACiT
4: Uncharted 2
5: Final Fantasy XIII Versus
6: Massive Action Game - if they can keep lag out of the game
7: Quantum or Quantum Theory (Have they settled on a name yet? Last I heard they had gone back to Quantum Theory.
8: Heavy Rain
9: God of War III (Probably should be higher, but I've only ever played the original so I haven't kept up with the series.
10: The Last Guardian
11: The Agency
12: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

These aren't in a definite order, its way to hard to order that list of games in terms of greatness. Its gonna be happy hunting for my PS3 over the next 12 months, thats for sure. :)
#1.10 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
foxtheory  +   1932d ago
My PS3 will certainly be happy in the next year, even though it already is!
N4GAddict  +   1932d ago
The Last Guardian should be #1 imo.
TheReaper42  +   1931d ago
my top 5 would be

1 - FFvXIII
2 - GT5
3 - GOW3
4 - UC2
5 - Heavy Rain.

I bought the PS1 for Final Fantasy 7
I bought the PS2 for GT and the next Final Fantasy
Bought the PS3 waiting for FFvXIII.
patterson  +   1932d ago
Nice list. Needs more Last Guardian though.
- Ghost of Sparta -  +   1932d ago
Exactly. I would have replaced Versus with The Last Guardian and where the f*ck is Uncharted 2? List fails.

10. Demon's Souls
9. Starhawk
8. Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
7. MAG
6. Heavy Rain
5. Gran Turismo 5
4. Agent
3. Uncharted 2
2. God of War 3
1. The Last Guardian
#2.1 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(7) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
NewNameNow  +   1932d ago
@ Ghost of Sparta

Uncharted 2 deserves the number 0 spot it seems.
patterson  +   1932d ago
My Top 11
1) The Last Guardian
2) Uncharted 2
3) Gran Turismo 5
4) Final Fantasy Versus XIII
5) Yakuza 3 (I know they said it's not coming but I don't believe them! :P)
6) Heavy Rain
7) MLB 09 The Show
8) Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland
9) Trinity Universe
10) Last Rebellion
11) Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Hey what can I say, I like rpgs >_>
#2.3 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(4) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
NewNameNow  +   1932d ago
@Patterson

Great list, and I haven't played too many good RPG's lately. I'll check those out.
jBat17  +   1932d ago
top 5 ps3 AAA exclusive that are coming out this year
1. Demon's Soul
2. Uncharted 2
3. GT5
4. R&C: ACIT
5. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

i already pre-ordered all except GT5, which will certainly be pre-ordered when available.

xbots would probably cry if they knew we will also be getting GOW 1 and 2 re-make, PJ: Shooter and Eyepet this year. (i forgot AFRIKA, a niche title but would be a must-buy for me if you can export pictures to harddrive)

Games to be released EARLY next year (confirmed with a "release month")
1. WKC
2. GOW3
3. Heavy Rain
4. MAG
5. The Show 10 (best rated sports series)
#2.5 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Christopher_Walken  +   1932d ago
Too many awesome exclusives to even come close to being able to fit all the greatness into a top 5 list.
NewNameNow  +   1932d ago
Definitely agree with you but I tried!
zenosaga04  +   1932d ago
good list I also think that Uncharted 2 and The Last Guardian will be amazing titles.

I think it's too hard to just pick 5 exclusives, because Demon's Souls, Modnation Racers, and White Knight Chronicles look spectacular as well. Maybe next time there should be a top 10 upcoming exclusives list lol
#4 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(5) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
JL  +   1932d ago
Eh the list is pretty good. I'm sure all will be enjoyable games to those that they appeal to. However, my list probably wouldn't look like that at all. Definitely would've taken Ratchet off for Uncharted 2. I'm glad you mention ModNation as well. Cause that game looks awesome to me and I'd probably rate it much higher than it seems the game gets credit for. Even ModNation I'd personally put above Ratchet. But you're right, Top 10 would be much better. For me though Uncharted 2 has to sit at #1. GT5 gets 2. Heavy Rain 3. GOWIII at 4. And might quite possibly have to put ModNation at 5. Either that or MAG. Then flesh the top 10 out with Versus, TLG, WKC, and Ratchet.

Sh*t, forgot about Demon's Souls even after you mentioned it. That would probably have to fight for that #5 spot for me alongside ModNation and MAG. Then the other two get 6 and 7. While Versus, TLG and WKC fight for the bottom three spots (have to bump Ratchet--just not that into it).
SixTwoTwo  +   1932d ago
There are a lot of PS3 exclusives coming out over the next 12 months. I'm sure everyone will have a different top 5. For me its U2, GoW3, Agent, FFXIV, and TLG.
#5 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
NewNameNow  +   1932d ago
Thanks for the feedback, I updated the article with some honorable mentions at the bottom.
JL  +   1932d ago
FF XIV isn't exclusive. I would definitely have MAG as an honorable mention though in my book. Hell, depending on my mood MAG might even fall into the top 5 for me on some days. And would beat out a couple of those on there (like Ratchet....and Versus--since I don't know much about it yet).
NewNameNow  +   1932d ago
@x__JL__X

It's exclusive console wise.
JonnyBigBoss  +   1932d ago
Great list. All 5 are must own games!
soljah  +   1932d ago
gt5 has to be number 1 just by its worldwide sales history

btw where's MAG
Kamikaze135  +   1932d ago
Final Fantasy Versus XIII should be taken off of that list for the time being
As much as we all want it, we should only mention games we know enough about to get hyped over them. I vote for White Knight Chronicles or Demon's Souls =D

I know they're in the honorary mentions, but they deserve so much more credit than just that.
NewNameNow  +   1932d ago
I agree with you but Versus XIII has just been a must have for me personally ever since I saw the first trailer.

It's a personal thing and remember its damn hard to compact a list of such good games.
kalebgray92  +   1932d ago
versus was the first reason for me to even consider a ps3
that was the one game that none other can or will top .... imo
R3DD  +   1932d ago
NEED MORE MONEY!!!
Im gonna have to hustle to get all these great games, but so many to play!!! dam it feels good to be a PS3 owner.
Superduper09  +   1932d ago
Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Quantum Theory, MAG and The Last Guardian are missing from the honorable mention's list XD
#11 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
NewNameNow  +   1932d ago
TLG is on there.
Saaking  +   1932d ago
You could make a top 20 list. Sony is overloading us with too many exclusives. All AAA, it's amazing. That's why REAL gamers choose PlayStation.
- Ghost of Sparta -  +   1932d ago
Sweet avatar. Too bad I'm going to get him assraped by a minotaur.
NewNameNow  +   1932d ago
I'll see about a bigger list after a few of these titles release.

Also @ Ghost of Sparta

Fµcking lol'd
#12.2 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
wxer  +   1932d ago
@saaking
i agree

the ps3 is the ultimate hard core gaming console
and thats after the PC of course

and i say this as an old school gamer
and i got most of gaming consoles since the NES

i used to have an xbox360
but a true console
1- should have a true Exclusives
2- should be reliable

thats why i traded in my xbox360
cus its NOT a gaming console
its a f*cking JOKE
drdistracto707  +   1932d ago
I cant wait for...
GOW 3
R&C: ACIT
Heavy Rain
GT5
Modnation Racers
UC2 - preordered already!!!
MAG

Sh*t, my wallet is gonna be empty for a while
Saaking  +   1932d ago
Seriously, if you don't have a PS3 you are missing out on a LOT of games. I'd rather be a PS3-only owner than a 360-only owner.
slave2Dcontroller  +   1932d ago
I own both
but I still feel like a PS3 only owner. I havent touched my 360 for at least 7 months. Its actually back in the box so I can keep it in good condition for GeOW3.
Halo3 MLG Pro  +   1932d ago
For somebody who doesn't like the 360 you sure talk about it a lot. That's a sign of jealousy.
kalebgray92  +   1932d ago
im in the same boat with slave2Dcontroller
my 360 has been basically off for 09 just waiting for mass effect 2 but thats it... ps3 is the better choice for games since 08
aldesko  +   1932d ago
I'm kinda in the same boat, but I've been playing some older games on 360.
#14.4 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Gobot  +   1932d ago
Too many good games! You can't just have five!
gambare  +   1932d ago
very nice list, and it seems it will grow after the TGS
#16 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
life doomer  +   1932d ago
every single game that was listed sucks
NewNameNow  +   1932d ago
Obvious Troll is obvious.
lh_swe  +   1924d ago
What!?
Uncharted 2; Do you know how many awards that game has won(before it's freaking release)?

Ratchet & Clank ACIT; It's rated the top platformer in the world for a reason.

Demon Souls; 8's across the board, you may not like it, hell it doesn't appeal to me neither but it sure as hell is a good game.

God of War III; One of the greatest franshises in history, hell the 2nd game is one of the best games ever made.

Heavy Rain; Innovative as nothing else, looks phenomenal, intriguing and extrememly engaging.

Grand Turismo 5; 1000 cars in GT greatness, it's just the follow-up to one one of the greatest racer's in history.

Modnation Racers; LBP + Mario Kart.

The Last Guardian; Do you know who Fumito Ueda is? Well you should because he's the 8th freaking wonder of the world.

Do I need to go on?
life doomer  +   1932d ago
when i get mag, the first thing im going to do is to sh!t all over the box(teabag style) , pee on it then im going to eat it. after im finished im going to play some halo.
ZombieAutopsy  +   1932d ago
lol fangirl attack
The_Beast  +   1932d ago
its just been confirmed, bots like to eat sh!t and drink pee.
QuizPyro  +   1932d ago
@fadic4
hopefully it doesn't turn into a plague I sure don't want to eat sh!t
insomnium  +   1932d ago
Two fangirls and a game?
PopEmUp  +   1932d ago
Wow doomer
I never knew you like to eat sh*t but it interesting you eat it lol
skatezero246  +   1932d ago
lol you do that considering theres not much coming out for the 360

while your at it why not just take out 60 bucks poo and pee on it and then eat it because thats basically what your going to do if you buy the game just to do that ....
#18.6 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Ratchet and clank
FF Versus 13
Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
Agent
Demons soul

If we then count in all the excellent multiplat games thats coming out the forecast of my economy looks bleak at best :-D
Halo3 MLG Pro  +   1932d ago
I got my eye on Demon's Soul. I love hardcore games.
Bazookajoe_83  +   1932d ago
A really cool game
Ive imported iy from Asia region, a really hardcore game.
Halo3 MLG Pro  +   1932d ago
Is it as hard as they say??? But more importantly, is it hard because the AI is cheap? Or hard because it's glitchy???

I love challenging games. From what I read this looks to be a winner. I'm more interested in playing this than any other game on the ps3 lineup. And Uncharted 2 of course.
#23.2 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(1) | Disagree(1) | Report | Reply
mastiffchild  +   1932d ago
I payed for(and got my cash back in the end) an import copy off Ebay as I'd loved what I'd seen at a friends but got properly burned by some git from HK! He sent me a PS2 box with a PS2 game which didn't even match the box! And there I was thinking I was getting a brand new, unopened copy of DS with the English enabled Asian version.

Gutted that it isn't coming to the UK(or EU for that matter) aas that means another expensive import-I don't really know who's a very relianle site for US to UK imports either as the onme I used to use seems to have disappeared or had a change of name or something.

Whatever Mr Pro, while I've got other games(like U2 and TLG inparticular)that I'd say were just as good looking as DS I think you should have more than just an eye on it as it's a great, and difficult game. Very rewrding, though, which stops it being frustrating. A bit like a really tricky Zelda for grown up only if I can think of anything to compare it to so far.
Bazookajoe_83  +   1932d ago
It is hard because you need timing and die easiley
It´s alot about timing youre blocks and you cant take many hits. But on the other hand it´s really awarding when you get a hang of it. There are some enemies that can kill you in one blow, and most will kill you in 4-5 hits.
ikral  +   1932d ago
What a change from 2007. The Future seems bright for PS3 users.
NewNameNow  +   1932d ago
I always knew Sony would have a huge turn around, it was just a matter of time. It seems like the time is coming now.

I for one am glad because now I can make a whole lot of use out of my PS3!
Connoro  +   1932d ago
I personally disagree
I'd have put GoWIII in second and Heavy Rain in first, and probably would have put MAG on the actual list somewhere.
Feral Gamer  +   1932d ago
Am I the only one who's not all that interested in Final Fantasy games? I'm going to check it out, but only because it seems I'm obligated to, due to popularity.
#26 (Edited 1932d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
remanutd55  +   1932d ago
uh??
wheres Uncharted 2 on that list?? The Last Guardian ??? ModNation Racers???
jack_burt0n  +   1932d ago
funny how goty 2009 gets left off LOL
The_Darkest_Red  +   1932d ago
Every time these lists come out people are whining about what should be on there, what should be number 1, etc.

It's just a list made by a guy with an opinion people. A guy just like you or me. I mean yes, I think Uncharted 2 should be on the list but the game still exists and it's still coming out October 13th so don't worry about it.

Sorry just tired of people whining about everything. (Mostly this and 3.0 as well).
danielle007  +   1932d ago
I'm jealous
Of like, every game up there. Especially Heavy Rain, that just looks effin interesting.

But I'm not jealous of GT5 or FF Versus. Just not my kind of games. :)
« 1 2 »

Korean idol Hyeri is cute in Hungry App commercial

1h ago - Korean idol Hyeri has been chosen as the spokesmodel for the game sharing app, HungryApp. She app... | iPhone

Jonathan's personal GotY for best butt goes to

1h ago - Jonathan Holmes writes:"The Captain Falcon amiibo is apparently pretty hard of get a hold of righ... | Industry

Randal’s Monday – Review | GamingLives

1h ago - GamingLives takes a look at NeXus Games' self-coined “Point & Geek Adventure”, Randal's Monday.... | PC

Get Final Fantasy VII & Final Fantasy VIII for £5 each over at Gamersgate

3h ago - Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII on PC are now just £5 each over at Gamersgate. | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

First Look At Nitroplus’ Take On Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

3h ago - Nitroplus announced that they’re working on a new fighting game similar to Dengeki Bunko Fighting... | Arcade