Evil Avatar writes: "The Transformers have had a sketchy history in terms of videogames. From the abysmal Beast Wars games to the highs of Atari's wonderful 2004 the Autobots and Decepticons have had their fair share of praise and condemnation. Unfortunately the last attempt at bringing the franchise to home consoles, the tie-in to the first Michael Bay movie, fell in with the bad crowd and delivered an experience few would choose to remember. Well, it's time for a new movie and a new developer to take on the franchise and, thankfully, do a much better job with it."
* Great character models and, in general, stronger presentation that the last game.
* Missions are simple but fun. Robots shoot other robots.
* Decent multiplayer modes and an interesting play dynamic. Robust too.
* Challenges, time trial medals and more pack it out to be a decent package.
* Very little variation between the Autobot and Decepticon campaign this time around.
* Little love shown for vehicle modes – controls should have been better.
* Most Decepticons are somewhat gimped by poor weapon combinations.
* Eventually the novelty/repetition ratio will fail.