Top
30°

Apple warns of static shock from iPhone, iPod

Steven Musil of CNET writes:

"iPhone and iPod users may experience a "small and quick" shock via their earbuds due to a buildup of static electricity, Apple warned Monday.

People listening to one of the devices in extremely dry air are most at risk of receiving a static electricity shock through the ear buds, according to a warning posted on Apple's Web site. The post likened the condition to the discharge that occurs when a person drags his or her feet across a carpet then gets a shock by touching a door knob.

However, Apple asserted that this condition did not necessarily indicate that Apple's equipment was malfunctioning."

Read Full Story >>
news.cnet.com
The story is too old to be commented.
FragMnTagM3129d ago

Guess you better not have that thing near a gas pump.

The only device I want from Steve Jobs is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watc...