Aaron S: "As much as I was pummelled by the higher echelon of boxers, it was (and continues to be) fun. It's also open enough to be kid-friendly and punishing enough to offer the kind of experience many of us from the NES era remember so fondly."
- The Punch-Out!! magic is back
- Simple controls make for an "accessible" game (practice!) but much challenge for experienced players
- Big and bright
- Starting about mid-way through the second circuit bouts can be punishing until you master the patterns of your foes
- Reaching for button that activates the Star punch is in a bad spot
- Multiplayer is short lived