The game has barely reached the stores and already has a new patch available via autoupdate. The update fixes some several bugs and exploits:
· Scrin Mastermind's Teleport Units ability maximum range reduced.
· GDI Engineers, Nod Saboteurs, and Scrin Assimilators can no longer capture structures when under the effects of the Scrin's Phase Field support power.
· Improved video playback on low-end system configurations.
· Scrin Storm Column cost / build time increased to 3,000 credits / 30 seconds.
· Scrin Buzzer health reduced to 75 and weapon damage type changed to SNIPER.
· Fixed an error that would occasionally result in a crash in Nod vs. Nod matches on the multiplayer map Deadly Sertao.
· Fixed issues with automated map transfer feature in multiplayer.
· Fixed an error that would sometimes cause a Commentator's telestrator drawings to not erase as intended while viewing BattleCast replays.
· Fixed issues with replay file playback.
· Fixed placeholder text and chat log errors with the Comrade in-game chat window.
· Fixed an error in README.txt file regarding location of saved game files in Windows Vista; added references to EA Link version of the game; added disclosure about in-game advertising (Note: the EA Link version of the game ships with this updated ReadMe file).
· References to Nod's "Avatar Warmech" unit have been changed to "Avatar".