Submitted by Hiruma Youchi 1911d ago | news

Compile Heart ZERO Heading to PS3

Famitsu Japan revealed that the next installment in the JSRPG Compile Heart series will be released on PS3 on June 25th 2009.
The game will take place thousands of years before the original events and will feature a new battle system.

There is no information about a Worldwide Release at this date. (PS3)

Update hey Guys , Looks like I was Wrong with THe Title of the game!

The Real Title is "Record of Agarest War ZERO"

Thanks to esegk for the Info.

Hiruma Youchi  +   1911d ago
this reminds me of luminous Arc on nintendo DS which is good.
SaiyanFury  +   1910d ago
Yep, and the JRPGs keep coming. It seems the RPG drought is coming to an end.
Raoh  +   1911d ago
never heard of it.
Godmars290  +   1911d ago
Are you sure?
Its the only JRPG - on consoles anyway - that features banana eating and milk spillage.
RememberThe357  +   1911d ago
I haven't heard of it either.
This is a series?
TheColbertinator  +   1911d ago
The banana picture is hilarious
II Necroplasm II  +   1911d ago
What banana picture?? I don't see it in the title.

...lol
sinncross  +   1911d ago
Those wanting a English translation:

It basically says that the official site fr the game has opened, which can be found here:

#4 (Edited 1911d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Swiftfox  +   1911d ago
This may sound cross but I am really tired of SRPG's using sprites that were from the PS1 era. I know that some companies are not able to finacially do anything about it. Just making the sprites larger and more detailed would be a nice start.

Valkeryia Chronicals being the exception this generation...and a exceptional exception at that.
crck  +   1911d ago
I agree these smaller jrpg houses really need to invest in HD spirits. Putting HD portraits over reclycled low res spirits really isn't going to fly any more. If it was a first gen ps3 game I might overlook it. But over 2 years into the ps3 life cycle this is crap. I'm not going to spend $50 on a PS2 game with HD portraits. If they really can't afford it put it on PSN as a cheap downloadable title like Konami is doing with Vandal Hearts.
Argento-Nox  +   1911d ago
Agreed, Valkyria Chronicles is a unique SRPG. It's nice to see that sales of Valkyria Chronicles has picked up again (as my friends from EB games have told me). The new DLC will be sweet (^_^).
Baka-akaB  +   1911d ago
It should Vanilla (murasama or Odin sphere) or ar tornelico level at least .
raztad  +   1911d ago
Not quite sure if this game should be compared with VC. It looks like very standard Disgaea fare. VC, on the other hand, is an amazing mix up of tactical, third person shooter, rpg elements. VC is just a masterpiece, a class on is own.

That said, if you are into Tactical-rpg you should know gameplay is what really matters. This genre is very niche, devs need to keep costs down in order to get a return.
#5.4 (Edited 1911d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Godmars290  +   1910d ago
@crck
I agree, but its not really their fault. The thing people keep forgetting is that JRPGs in the PS1/PS2 eras were cheap to make. Now that Sony's moved onto HD, its become expensive in time, money and resources. Things small dev houses never had much of, so its taking them a while to get up to speed while they wait for someone - Square - to set the standard bar so they can reach some acceptable level.

And yes, I let MS out of my statement because while they are looking at JRPGs, they're not looking for quality. That's why games that aren't SO4 or ToV, that Zoids SRPG or WWII zombie/warewolf title, look like utter sh*t.
heyheyhey  +   1911d ago
cool... is this made by NIS?
Lfmesquite  +   1911d ago
Cool
good to see PS3 finally getting some RPG's.

I"m such a fanboy. But to me anytime there's a new exclusive announced for a console, I feel like that console scored a point in the on going battle.
eagle21  +   1911d ago
of course. :)
Get ready for the gazillion japanese titles over the next years. PS3 has japan on lock. :)
ultimolu  +   1911d ago
Oh wow, nice!
SpoonyRedMage  +   1911d ago
I know this might sound daft but is it possible Sony arranged it with the big JRPG companies to give some breathing room for the smaller devs because with most of the major JRPGs so far being on the 360(and some ported to PS3) it's really helped smallers devs and new series get some attention.

Which is good because it means everyone's a winner.
heyheyhey  +   1911d ago
no, im pretty sure it's because there have been a lot of niche SRPG's exclusive to the PS3 in the past... Disgaea 3, 2 Agarest Senki, Cross Edge, Mist Of Chaos, Tears Of Tiara etc and this is just another one in the list

and there are about to be a lot more... have you seen PS3 sales in Japan lately?

NIS are announcing their next PS3 exclusive RPG soon

so not just a daft idea there, a plain stupid one

EDIT: im not pushing the sales in your face, im just saying why would you come up with a theory like that when it's pretty obvious it's because the PS3 is on fire

sales don't matter for an individual game to be good is what we're saying (contrary to what 360 fanboys like to claim when they're jealous that they can't play a certain game)
#10.1 (Edited 1911d ago ) | Agree(2) | Disagree(2) | Report | Reply
SpoonyRedMage  +   1911d ago
Well I mean stuff like WKC, Demon Souls and Valkyria Chronicles that may have been ignored if there was significantly more JRPGs on the system.

And yes I have seen the sales, don't try pushing them in my face. I thought sales didn't matter anyway.

...and yes I'm aware there's going to be more JRPGs like Tales of Vesperia, FFXIII and people hope for SO4(but I have no idea about that).
Baka-akaB  +   1911d ago
Nope i wouldnt read that much into it , niche 2d jrps dev goes where they got a chance to sell , aka a japanese console that appeals to their fans , excluding then the wii but most of all the 360 . While big ones hold they breath waiting to see how it goes , or places their bets like Square
#10.3 (Edited 1911d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
SpoonyRedMage  +   1911d ago
Good point Baka-akaB, that might just be it.

May be I'm overestimating Sony and folk here but the increase in hype for games that would generally be ignored in favour of the well known franchises has certainly been beneficial.

@heyheyhey: Well your language seemed pretty loaded. Sorry if I misinterpretted.
Baka-akaB  +   1911d ago
I dont think those niche editors would have followed that kind of strategy anyway .

The release of any of the big titles is of no consequence to them , except of course they wouldnt release the same weeks or month .
Nippon ichi as an ex , and one of the most guilty of ps1-ps2 recycling , wouldnt care how is FF , white knight , lost odyssey or Star ocean doing , in regards of their disgaea 3 title .
They got their base exactly where they want , and only some of them might have gotten fed up with their antics , or not have followed yet on next gen consoles .

They can also probably feel when it's time to get to some real work . Like this time Gust doing a next gen atelier game
#10.5 (Edited 1911d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Godmars290  +   1910d ago
If you haven't noticed SpoonyRedMage, Sony isn't exactly in the driver's seat this console gen. Besides that it should be pretty obvious that JP devs just weren't ready for the move to HD type gaming. They've pretty much been in the same groove since the PS1/FFVII days.

And since MS is just now getting into the JRPG game, they're wholly blind tot he problem. Are clueless as to were to make improvements. If they even care when they're more concerned about opening the market.
#10.6 (Edited 1910d ago ) | Agree(0) | Disagree(0) | Report | Reply
Kamikaze135  +   1911d ago
Hmmm
Maybe this is that surprise NIS of America was talking about. They said they were announcing a PS3 game at E3.....man, whatever it is I'll be buying it =D
nefertis  +   1911d ago
yeah I like to look at girls eat bananas
esegk  +   1911d ago
No, this is "Record of Agarest War ZERO".
"Compile Heart" is its publisher.
Hiruma Youchi  +   1910d ago
word? I uptaded it. thanks
hdesroses   1911d ago | Spam
slave2Dcontroller  +   1910d ago
ACK! Another SRPG
*runs to the toilet to puke.
hoklee  +   1910d ago
ouh nice
thx for the news buddy
FF7numbaone  +   1910d ago
i think i heard about this game las year. Isn't it about battle that last years.
demoneyeslaharl  +   1910d ago
I have no idea how to react with this one... I'll keep an ear out, but not going to expect much.

Why Would I Want to Play as Myself in a Game When I Can Play as Someone Cool Instead?

5m ago - DualShockers' Tony Polanco writes: "Games are also something that people take very personally,... | PC

Nerds Without Pants Episode 50: Holofoil Covers

8m ago - PixlBit | "They said we’d never make it! They said we’d fail after a couple episodes! They said w... | Culture

We sat down and discussed EA UFC's latest patch and the future of the game with Director Brian Hayes

19m ago - Jason Nawara of MiddleEasy sits down with Brian Hayes of EA Sports to discuss the latest patch fo... | PS4

Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor Comic Con Trailer Reveals Wraith Companion As Crafter Of One Ring

26m ago - Everything we know about Celebrimbor, the crafter of the rings of power. | PC

Study Game Design at DeVry

Put the kids to bed, this all-in-one gaming PC ain't exactly 'family friendly' | Tech Radar

32m ago - The AG240 isn't perfect, and it doesn't pretend to be. The touchscreen gaming all-in-one is a con... | PC