No longer content with kicking ass in the video game sales and downloadable games field, Microsoft shot off a press release today crowing about their successes with downloadable TV shows and movies.
Here's the tally:
· Within four months of launching, Xbox LIVE has become the number one online distributor of television and feature film content in the living room where it's most easy for consumers to access.
· In the same four months, the service has quickly become the number two online distributor of television and feature film content, second to iTunes.
· Is currently the ONLY online distributor of major feature films and television programming in high definition (HD) resolution.
· The service is a breakout success, with double-digit, month-over-month growth since launching.
· Monthly downloads from Xbox LIVE went up 400 percent since the service launched in November.