To celebrate the Xbox 360 console's first birthday in Australia, customised consoles signed by some of Australia's biggest celebrity names such as Russell Crowe, Peter Jackson and Shane Warne are about to go under the virtual hammer on internet auction site eBay to raise cash for the Make-A-Wish foundation.
The campaign, called Konsoles for Kids, kicks off this week with the first round of consoles up for grabs on eBay from March 23. The star studded array of Xbox 360 consoles will be auctioned off on a weekly basis with some of the first available including Oscar winner Russell Crowe and racing legends Mark Skaife and Craig Lowndes.
The consoles will be air-brushed with a portrait image of the celebrity by renowned artist Wayne Harrison. The lucky winners of each auction will receive the customised console, which will also be signed by the celebrity.
The block-buster line-up participating celebrities include:
- Award winning movie maker Peter Jackson
- Bungie studios, the makers of upcoming Xbox 360 blockbuster game Halo® 3
- Oscar winner Russell Crowe
- Legendary kids entertainers The Wiggles, featuring the all-new Yellow Wiggle
- Sporting greats Shane Warne, Sonny Bill Williams and Andrew Johns
- Motorsport legends Mark Skaife and Craig Lowndes
- Australia's favourite face Megan Gale
- WBA Super-Middleweight world champion Anthony Mundine
Follow the link for more information.