Dubious claims of exclusive content aside, this version of Red Alert 3 is all good, rambunctious fun.
Where else but in the Red Alert universe could you pit transforming mechs against bears, or decide the fate of your mission by attacking floating fortresses with intelligent dolphins outfitted with sonic disruptors? Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 doesn't take itself seriously, but that's what makes it fun to play. This is the most rambunctiously over-the-top strategy game to reach store shelves in years, filled to the brim with laugh-out-loud cheesiness and a cheerful disregard for political correctness. The PlayStation 3's Ultimate Edition makes some suspicious claims of exclusive content, but more-vibrant visuals and a larger selection of skirmish maps make this the preferable console version of the game.
* Story and cutscenes are wonderfully corny
* Fully cooperative campaign gives standard missions new life
* Each faction is fun to play thanks to cool, balanced units
* Vibrant production values
* Pathfinding issues
* No co-op matchmaking
* "New and exclusive" content that isn't new or exclusive