At the Norwegian video game awards Gullstikka, Ninja Theory showed never before seen footage from Heavenly Sword and revealed some new info about the game. In one of the scenes that were shown the game’s main character Nariko fought against several thousands enemies with a rocket launcher. The interesting thing about this scene is that you will be able to steer the missile by tilting the Sixasis controller to more easily hit the target producer Nina Kristensen points out.
However melee combat is still the main way to fight off your enemies, and you can choose between three different combat stands, each with its own pros and cons. For example if you choose a stand which will make your attacks more powerful, you will loose some speed and so on. You can change between the stands any time you want (real-time stand change? Just kidding) and the key is to use the right stand in the right situations. Nina also mentioned that in between the battle scenes there will be action oriented puzzles to solve.
Some more details from the live chat with Nina Kristensen at Dagbladet.no (thanks Maldread)
- The game will be translated into norwegian with spoken langue hehe, just so you know, and many other european languages.
- You can take out at least 30 enemies at once with a well timed move.
- Lots of hand drawn animation, and mixing of them, to get more smooth movements
- You`ll be able to visit previous levels to replay and discover secrets
- All she`s allowed to say is that it`s out before Chrismas in Europe
- She thinks this girl would beat Kratos too