About writes: "Chrono Trigger DS is the long-awaited, much-anticipated remake of the SNES classic game. More like a port than a real remake – with the exception of a few additions – the DS lives up to the nostalgia while adapting to the newer, handheld system."
* Fans of Chrono Trigger for the SNES like the parallel graphics and gameplay.
* A set of quests and additional ending new to the DS extends the classic experience.
* Chrono Trigger for the DS also introduces FMV sequences, a bestiary, and new weapons.
* Playing in classic mode cramps too much info onto the top screen.
* Music sounds slightly different from the original, reducing nostalgia.
* New translation doesn't add much and also takes away from SNES memories.