About writes: "Though it lacks the grandeur of the new Prince of Persia game for the bigger consoles, Prince of Persia: the Fallen King for the DS is still an enjoyable platformer that gets back to the basics of the series."
* The tapping mechanic, which lets you jump and scale walls, is easy to master.
* Simple, platforming action harkens back to the original Prince of Persia games.
* Fighting is simple and fun instead of a hindrance.
* The intro and storyline seem confusing and out of place.
* Players will miss using the D pad for movement.
* 3D backgrounds make platforming a frustrating optical illusion.
* Shadowy levels can be too dark to see the terrain.