And the hype train is rolling.
First, this statement that "PS3 owners will be very happy with the GDC announcements
Then, this kotaku rumor about a mix between Nintendo's Miis and Xbox 360's achievements.
A neoGAF thread linked below adds more to the rumor. This thread also provides some evidences, such as patents recently made by Sony.
Here's a quick sum up :
- The "Home" button will give access to a virtual space, where you'll have an avatar (Miis)
- You will be able to decorate this place
- Trophies obtained during games will be stocked there (achievements)
- People will be able to visit your "Home", check your trophies.
- This will be a place for discussion, but also, people will be able to access music and videos you have stored on your HDD (myspace ?)
So it seems like Sony is gonna make a huge update to the PSN, and like they stated back at E3 2006, try to create a huge community. This mix of many existing things should be, if true, surely very cool.